THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sullivand ok no more ball! Actually any exercise I do while on my back bothers my back. So I should know better. Saw the ocean today,waves, whitecaps, seagulls, sweet sea breezes, sounds of laughter floating in the air. I could live here forever. Back to real life tomorrow. Hugs
 
@sunbunny I've found that when I've done too much sitting everything hurts. 2x a day for at least 15 minutes I try to lie flat and do those exercises pushing my knees into the bed 10x and then squeezing the glutes 10x. I can feel it stretching my thigh muscles. My PT said that I should not sit more than 60 minutes at a time. @10 weeks I know I've gone over that when I struggle to get out of a chair, but with a simple stretch I bound off to the next activity!
 
@wcgirl I think you have solved my problem of pain this past weekend. I have been in the car for at least four
hours each day and on Friday seven. No wonder I have muscle pain...it is the sitting. I have been doing my exercises and it definitely helps the stiffness. With both of my knee replacements I have to do stretches each day as they are stiff. Just one more trip home. Hugs
 
So glad @sunbunny that you were able to enjoy the lovely beach. Stop and stretch on your way home. Take a good walk and hold in your core nice and straight~ that helps me with my back pain!
 
Definitely we have some camaraderie dealing with husbands running the house. Glad I'm not the only one. I went on a rant here Saturday. You had bbq dripping on the floor...... We had raw pork goo dripping on the floor. Learning to look the other way. I mantra one of the BoneSmart mantras..... If it won't kill you, don't do it..... Apply this for the bumbling men at home trying to fill the void of us not being at full point.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hahahahahahah!!!!!! My husband does that constantly!!!!! Hahahah! Thank god it's not just mine! Not that I wish this on ya'll, but at least this means my husband is not doing it on purpose to drive me insane if all of yours are pulling the same antics. Hahaha. God bless em! Poor guys. Useless without us.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cynthia777 and @Tweefishy lol. Mine has certainly helped me more than I can say but I have bit my tongue off almost in Half and the lips are raw. I think they have selective hearing! Or the one that gets me every time is when you ask them something and there is no response. Like you are talking to a brick wall. Really?....off to sleep maybe. Hugs
 
Tut, I have always done most shopping and things like washing . It was hard to see others do my chores but only for a while and I pulled them back. Oh I never gave up the rights to my kitchen, cooked first meal post opp 2 days after coming home.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin You are definitely a rarity Legin. I have to say my man has made amazing changes all for the better.
But I have my share of shopping stories -like a fridge full of leaf lettuce when I asked him to buy romaine.
He just gave me a bowl full of raspberries and freshly made steel cut oats so all is forgiven.
 
@Legin and @Granny Di the rub is we know how to do it and at warp speed...natural to us, alien to our others. It is hard to give control and sometimes difficult to gain control. All is ok and in the greater scheme of things it is all in the effort. What does that mean? Hugs...now where is my tea?
 
Nope I'm just a Legin. The hardest part is still giving up my jobs chores etc. The recent one with summer coming I wasn't allowed to cut the grass, far to difficult to get the mower around. So I got a hover mower blow at it and it moves, sorted.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin thank goodness for all sorts of new supplies and equipment. I can see you flying over the lawn and creating all sorts of havoc. Fun! Now what do I want next.......I
 
Ditto to all above :) I wonder if when we are back to being super women if our men will appreciate and understand how much we do on a daily basis....oh I hope so. I thank my husband all day long, but I sure feel unappreciated a lot of the time.... And we sere doing all our normal stuff in excruciating pain and still at warp speed. We probably all found ways to limit the back and forth and clean/organize with minimal steps. Ex.... Every trip from one part of the house to be other always served double duty to relocate items to propped places. When I finally saw my husband doing that last week, I felt so proud... Finally he's learning! In all seriousness, I could not have done this without him. It's helping him with empty nest syndrome as his youngest just graduated high school. I notice the better I get, the more depressed and lost he seems when the man-boy isn't home. It will be his turn for TLC soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My hubby truly has been a jewel! I even have a buzzer that I push whenever I need anything and he's here lickety split. Supposedly with AVN one is supposed to keep the weight off of the affected joint and I'm milking it for all its worth (So much so, I think at this point my rear end looks less like a country and more like a continent)! Sorry @sunbunny, I didn't mean to take over your thread...it's just that you're so much fun!
 
@Cynthia777 no problem...laughter makes us all feel better. Day two of my diet...feel much better. @Tweefishy if only I could convince my husband to do more than one thing at a time. I pile stuff upstairs and down to go to and fro. Still have to remind him to take it to save trips. Bless his heart. There is no way I could have done this recovery without him. I do not know how all the single folks do so well. I am driving myself to PT and swim so I have gained independence. @Granny Di agree snacks are the worse. I am back on fruit for snacks. I am a total stress eater and thought I had given up bad habits but they will sneak up on you.
I feel like I am getting stronger but still have muscle pain. Usually about 2-3 on pain scale. Still working on scar tissue as I have a couple lumpy areas around incision. PT has worked on it a couple of times. Hugs!
 
@sunbunny
You mentioned that you work on the scar tissue~ how do you do that? What does the PT do to the lumps on the scars? My OS has not sent me to outpatient PT so I'm curious to know if it's something I can do on my own?
My hubby is out of town on business~ I have reclaimed the kitchen for the next two days~ but I must admit I have dropped stuff on the floor I can't reach so I left it for him to pick up! Haha! :loll:
 
@Sullivand it is a gentle massage moving the tissue around. The last time she used a roller and applied even pressure as much as I could tolerate. I was cleared to start the gentle massage about three weeks ago. It is not like the knee replacement scar tissue which you could actually feel it pop. My biggest area was at the bottom of the incision and was the size of half a golf ball. It is much smaller now but still hard and tight. I think laying on the incision has helped too. Most OS do not do outside PT. I think because of back issues as well as my horrible gait prior to surgery my OS sent me to PT. My goal is to walk without a limp and without a cane and to build strength and endurance. i have learned to stop anything which causes pain. I am using only the cane now and do think the PT has helped. Tis a journey!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom