Guest viewing is limited

THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @sunbunny ~ it sounds like something I can try but will ask the OS when I see him this week ~ I have a list of questions and I will add that to it! I too still use the cane~ I do want to ditch it but it's just not time! I know how you feel.
Yes indeed ~ it is a journey. :holysheep:
 
I have bit my tongue off almost in Half and the lips are raw.
Is that a surfeit of passion @sunbunny? too much kissing?

Ah, the joys of living with the opposite sex - and our comparative virtues, such a funny discussion on your thread above. All sounds so familiar - especially the driving tensions! However, knowing how, er, different they are - isn't it great when they manage to adapt and overcome and be comforting nursemaids?
:bow:
 
@sunbunny
I've been meaning to ask you if you are familiar with New London North Carolina? My sister-in-law and her hubby live there. We typically spend the week between Christmas and New Years there every year. They have a 50 acre farm that backs up to the national forest, complete with a one acre pond. It's quite beautiful!
 
@Cynthia777 no I have never been to New London. It is on the eastern side of the state. We live in the central part of the state and go to the mountains on the western side. Also go to the beaches in SC. How are you feeling? Have you come to a decision yet? Outside PT is really helping me. I now walk with a cane with no limp. A small giddy up. The PT person said that is normal. Lol. Hugs!
 
I'm so happy you are seeing some positive results! I'm not bad, but not great either...thanks for asking. I'm pretty sure I'm going to move forward since finding out I also have a Labral teat and that isn't going to heal. I can't wait to walk without this darn limp! I try not to walk as much as possible, as I don't want the limp to become too embedded in my brain! Lol!
 
@Cynthia777 the greatest result would be mobility for you. I detest living life on the sidelines. If there is anything that sends me into a crying jag, pity party, or despair it is having to constantly make choices based on my ability to accomplish something. Each day I try to figure out how to do something. Here is a laugh for you. Came back from our trip. Hubby dumped all of our stuff in the living room, which is the farthest place for anything to be put away. Bless his heart. He left on an errand and I needed to do laundry. The suitcase is on the floor. I can't lift the suitcase but I am able to get the thing open and using my trusty grabber sort the clothes. Using the grabber again, one by one I put an item on my arm. Now here I am sitting in a questionable low wing chair with a pile of dirty clothes on my left arm. Hmmmm. Can't get up. So I drape the laundry over the back of the chair. Stand up and make several trips to the laundry room. Why is this so funny? I use to be able to do this under 5 seconds. This activity took me almost 15 minutes. Happy to finally do something but jeeeesh. Same thing with the dishwasher. Takes me forever. I now want wall ovens. Totally over what items are on any bottom shelf. I know in my head this stuff will get easier. Recovery journeys are different for all. Went to get my hair done and while waiting struck up a conversation with a lady whose husband had a hip replacement with my same doctor just four weeks ago. They leave for an Alaskan cruise in a few days. Whaaaaat? He also had posterior because that is all my OS does. So zippity do dah for some and I am truly happy for those that can have a baby and plow the back forty the same day. All in jest. I am glad I did the surgery. I do not walk like the hunchback of Noter Dame anymore and my pain is less. Soon more stuff will be second nature. Positives, I am driving, in swim class, can get my hair done ( a big worry), can cut the toe nails on one foot, can make dinner, can clean up, made in through an out of town trip, and probably more stuff. Wow what a Saturday-morning rant. Hugs
 
:heehee:@sunbunny
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when I read your post! You have had a difficult recovery compared to many (I know, I know, don't compare...but who can't compare?) I can only relate a wee bit. I'

m tired of having to consciously "think" or prepare mentally before doing something simple...think before I stand up and walk, think while I walk (trying not to limp), think about being careful while getting in the shower so I don't fall, think about whether I'll be able to walk in the sand while on vacation...think, think, think...the list goes on! It's truly exhausting! I can absolutely handle any pain I do experience, as it is minuscule compared to the pain others (as well as yourself) are experiencing.
As you describe all the things you can now do, I just wonder if I want to be whole again!!! :heehee:
 
@Cynthia777 just laugh! It is not too bad! Most of my limitations come from two things...neither of which are going to ever change. One is the unstable L5 disc, which is not surgically repairable, and of course 90 degree restrictions. I am getting more confident and accepting of the restrictions and have complained too much about them. It really is a new mindset. I am constantly aware of the back issue and stop at the smallest twinge in that area. i have more compassion for others and the things they cope with daily than my small problems. It is more of I got to get it off my chest and then I move on. I am so grateful for friends on this forum who will tolerate my musings. Pre surgery worries are unrelenting and I understand completely. The what ifs. Yikes. Gotta go...off to a fish camp with friends. There goes the diet as fish camp and deep fried are inseparable. Hush puppies too. See I am all better.:yahoo::console2::loveshwr::roseshwr::egypdance:
 
@sunbunny
OMG! LOL! It is how I do everything too! It is soooo slow and deliberate. I keep looking for the silver lining~ maybe this keeps us "present" in what we are doing ~in the past I would whip out the laundry, start cleaning, get dinner planned, etc and didn't give a thought to any of it except to get it done to move on to running errands or whatever nonsense I had deemed important! It really wasn't~ I hope that when my body mends and I am at warp speed again that I will still keep it slow in spirit. Goodness ~right now I delight in managing making a silly pasta salad and it is more delicious than ever!:tada:
 
Girlfriend! I'm soooo slow to at everything! I did the exact same thing with dirty laugh dry sorting then had that moment of: how the hell do I get I to the machine now? Right there in the trenches with you!!! Thanks for the chuckle!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom