THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sunbunny I just read your post on @donor thread. I was sad to read how discouraged you are right now and hope that writing it all down and getting it out in the open to fellow hippies will soothe your spirit. I know how you feel~ we worry about so many "what ifs" that could happen. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you see even a small bit of progress. I think we get caught up in the big picture to the future and maybe we ought to look at the here and now. For example this evening I was aching all over and worried I was getting sick only to remember I walked a mile 1/2 of which was without my cane and I had dragged and cleaned junk out of a closet w my daughters. Aha~ I was sore from activity. Not too bad? Maybe you are sore from activity too? That is a good thing and time will heal ~i am keeping the faith that that is true! :beg:
 
First thing I would pass over to new colleagues when looking at care plans is yes keep in mind the overall goal but this can only be achieved by succeeding in often many wee steps. But celebrate each step.
Ooooer barge trip you can go right across scotland via loch s and canal. Which of coarse includes Loch Ness..........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yes please -progress is important especially when we are the cheering section. Are you wearing these yet?
[Bonesmart.org] Sunbunny's Rainbow

NOT THESE SUNBUNNY! You are not ready for them -YET!
[Bonesmart.org] Sunbunny's Rainbow
 
Whoopee! Had my first mani/pedi in a year! It was wonderful. Oooh, the rub, the massage, and it feels so good to have everything tidied up. Hip had gotten so bad that I was unable to have one prior to THR and now. Well let's say that this activity must be built into the budget. Also had PT evaluation. I have made progress but still a long way to go on strength and balance. She also found a knot on a muscle ( forgot it's name) but it is at the top of my incision and boy I almost jumped off the table. She worked on it for quite awhile and though sore I think it helped. I have no limp with a cane and slight limp when I walk unassisted. She says it is related to balance and gave me more homework. If I did everything they said to do it would take me all day. Mostly I stretch, walk, and attend swim class. Of course I work the talking muscles more than anything at swim. Lol. We are going on vacation to the mountains for a week tomorrow. Family the first few days, then activities with my friends that summer in the mountains. So looking forward to it. I must be getting better as I am back to making lists. Only 23 things to go before we leave in the morning. By the way those that have followed my thread from the beginning might wonder if the pictures ever got hung. Yes, but as usual hubby had to do them twice to satisfy my perfectionist trait. I laid them on the bed exactly like I wanted them hung. As usual it got lost in translation. Hubby has a problem with putting holes in the walls ( must be a boy thing) so there was quite a bit of a heated discussion regarding this chore. Yikes! Tootles and hugs! Thank you for checking on me @Cynthia777 . I had quite the pity party last night. I think I better leave posts like that 24 hours before I send. I am ok. Geez Louise! :flwrysmile::happydance::friends::egypdance:
 
@Granny Di thank you. Lol so hard. Really like the hooker shoes! Never ever could I pull those boys off. @Legin I must say the monster often lurks about late at night and the wee steps seem like such a waste of time. But you are so right. March on to new drummers! Hmmm tip toe through the tulips! :roseshwr:
 
I'm excited for you! I'm getting ready to start my list for Del Mar! I've already done the, try on last years beachwear to see if they still fit routine (good news, I've dropped a size...yahoo!)
Have a great time!
 
:egypdance:Wow! @sunbunny your happiness and relief jumps off the computer! I am so glad for you~ mani pedis always cure whatever ails you! :rotfl:
Sounds like your PT is wonderful and that you have figured out what has been your source of pain in that muscle! Enjoy your vacation with family and friends in the beautiful mountains up your way! :hiking:
 
Thank you everyone! I have to say PT really did a number today...tonight is ouch city. I will have to think on exactly what set me over the edge. I think some of the strength and range of motion testing might be at fault. Hopefully all will calm down by tomorrow. Hugs and night night!
 
Errrr with the topic you ladies have been talking about I'm staying quiet, cept to say what does make me and I'm sure all other readers is your outlook. Oh BTW, pity parties are so allowed we often term ourselves as bionic there's no real existence of bionic feelings, so if you need a clear out of icky feelings get that typing broom out.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@sunbunny I too have started back making lists. However, I had a couple of 'energy drain' evenings. It's wonderful checking off the to do's tho. It's almost as if I'm back to 'normal' -- whatever that is! Like the video games that the kids play -- I wish I could pick up an energy pack and be back to full strength in seconds. Enjoy your summertime fun!:happydance:
 
@sunbunny Enjoy your trip!! I'm very excited for you and really hope you are feeling much better!! I find it amazing how different out PT is....I came home on a Thursday and started PT on Friday, she came four more times and I was on my own...so interesting!!
Be safe and enjoy your trip!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Life without lists! Since retirement my lists have got shorter and different but I still live by lists! x
 
@Sullivand oooh you go girl! A180 for you. Lists make me calmer. It seems after I get it down on the paper I can stop juggling it in my mind. Then one thing at a time. Hubby loves the lists then he can choose what he wants to do and when without me dare I say "nagging" him. How are you feeling?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom