THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Granny Di love your puppy stories. We did vacation near Myrtle Beach for two weeks but thankfully it was two weeks ago. Sc has been hit hard we live in NC and had some rain and wind but nothing like Columbia. Hope you are going well. Other than a few aches when I overdo I am doing good. I have even figured out how to put my swim shoes on by myself. The only thing I can't do is cut my toenails on my left foot. Seems like a long time ago that we went through this adventure. Six month check up in two weeks. Hugs!​
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sunbunny's Rainbow
I was never told to see the dr for a 6th month checkup and I haven't looked into it. Maybe I should as I could discuss having my other hip done sometime.
Glad you are figuring how to manage your restrictions. Cheers!
 
@Granny Di you make me laugh so hard. Chatting is the only thing I miss in this recovery process. I too am worried about the other hip. Yikes!
 
Six month checkup. Crazy. First thing out of PA was "have you had dislocations? "I told him he would have been the first to know. No dislocations but I sure have spent a ton of time worrying about them. Actually the last month or so I have not given it too much thought. But now again. He told me to follow the precautions and then had X-rays taken to make sure the THR had not loosened. I asked hm what would cause it to loosen, he said a fall. X-rays were fine. So I go back in six months for year check up. Still have not seen OS since the day of surgery. Other hip has not gotten worse, which is good news. Oh well, same oh same oh. Hugs and good thoughts to all my hippie buddies.
 
Chortle did he indicate an time scale. I think our second hip so too speak has spent so much time supporting the worst hip that after recovery it is able to be heard.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin you are so right! Have the heating pad on the right hip right now! Precautions are for life. The thing I have learned is to listen to my body and to slooooow down when it roars. Yeah, I listen to that right.....haha. Cheers!
 
Me who, what, right, naaaaaaaaaaa it was a fluke. You just take allnthat rest you can

Legin THR Sep 14
 
First thing out of PA was "have you had dislocations?
Sorry but this is totally weird! Surely if you had a dislocation your OS would know about it.
He told me to follow the precautions
What precautions do you have to follow? This PA sounds very old school and a bit out of touch. It it were me I would insist on speaking the surgeon.
 
@Jaycey thank you for your reply. Yes I thought the dislocation comment strange. Yes OS has confirmed a permanent 90 degree restriction and no crossing midline. The physical rehab for both knee replacements was more difficult but hands down the mental stuff is harder with the hip. But I am better off and that is certainly a win win. Hugs and thank you for all your help and support.
 
permanent 90 degree restriction
This is very unusual. Did your OS say why a permanent restriction? I am not sure it's possible to go through life never going past 90 degrees. You need to follow your surgeon's advice but I would clarify again with him/her how you are expected to do this.
 
@Legin hoping this post finds you well and cooking up a storm. Happy New Year! Thinking of you as I reflect on our hip journeys this past year. Take care and stay out of any trouble unless it gives you joy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom