Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
So delighted that both you and Pat are starting to feel human again. I don't like for my friends to be ailing---it makes me feel bad---and I don't like feeling bad.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Thanks Judy!

I love the attachments! :happydance:

I also appreciate your friendship! :friends:
 
Sonja, every time I get behind in my BoneSmart reading, I come back to find something major about you (in this case, Pat). Yikes! Glad he's feeling better. Glad you are too. I hope for some longterm improvements for boh of you.

Went to visit the grandkids earlier this month; all 3 had runny noses. Well, guess what (as the oldest grandson says every other sentence)? I've got "something". I sound like someone who's been smoking all her life when I cough. Blech! But, it was worth getting to hugs the kids!

Hope Papa Noel will be good to you!
 
Hello Pooshay! :happydance:

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

I really miss you not being around so much, but I know you are out living life! Actually I am starting to enjoy life a lot more too! With Katie my PT, who also has her certification in Personal Training, and Felice my Personal trainer I am working out every day but Sunday. (I didn't go yesterday or today because I was sick, and they will be closed Monday and Tuesday.) Wednesday, it will be full speed ahead again with Katie on Wed Thur and Fri, and Felice gets backs home on Fri so I will have a double work out then, and work out with her on Saturday! :happydance:
 
You know, as I reflect over the past three years of being a part of this forum, I have figured out the reason why I will probably still be around after many of you go on and live your lives. I have been encouraged, enlightened, made friends, and met two so far! The road I have been down has not been easy, but I truly believe that God is using me for good. I love life, living, getting active, and laughing like I used to before pain ever entered my life! I no longer feel like "this is as good as it gets," I know that there is much ahead for me now. I have had the support of Katie and Felice, and now that the muscle is starting to respond after the third surgery on this knee, I can truly say, I could not have done it on my own! This BoneSmart site was the best thing I ever stumbled upon, and I have seen many people move on with their lives! For those of you facing knee replacements, or even a revision, I would say, stay positive and laugh as much as possible! ""Life is too short to sit on the sidelines, so I am back in the game!" :happydance:

One thing I would also like to mention, I have had TWO outstanding Orthopedic Surgeons! The first one did one knee and then the other because of 6 previous bouts of MRSA. He was upfront and honest about my chances of getting an infection at 50/50! He also asked me "Did I want to live a life of quality or just quantity?" That made the decision for me! Out of over 2000 knees he has replaced, only 1 other besides me came up with an infection. He does revisions for other OS docs, but we discussed my case and he agreed that I needed to see Dr. Maale, who does it all in one surgery! Of course, Dr. Maale is well versed on difficult cases, so he can do a one stage revision easier! My life is so much different today. I am in PT for 2 hours 3 times a week, strengthening the inside muscle, and I exercise with a personal trainer 3 days a week! Before I was basically a couch potato after teaching for the day. Now, I have boundless energy! :happydance:
 
Oh, today I texted my Personal Trainer Felice, who is in Arizona visiting her Mom and rest of family! I told her "we" had lost 4.4 pounds this week! She really is as big an inspiration as Katie! Felice has worked the front desk at T-Star since before I started going there. As a matter of fact, she was the deciding factor on choosing T-Star! Her personality is so genuine, and I thought, if this is great up front, I can figure that they will care just as much in the back! I was right, no one is immune from my teasing, not even Rick the owner! :happydance:

Felice is now working as a Personal Trainer part time and we have a standing appointment most weeks of Tue, Thur, at 3:00, and Saturday at 10:00.
 
Sonja I think you are a valuable member here too! Bonesmart is lucky you found it. Your prayers are always such a blessing, and your great outlook on life is wonderful. And love your sense of humor! Congrats on the added weight loss. Just wanted to say thanks for all your support! Hope you and Pat have a wonderful holiday!
 
Ita about this community. I had to go away (like totally away) for a while because as much as the kinship was wonderful, I was getting angry at the folks who had their surgeries, did their PT and then got back to their lives. Instead of feeling happy for them, I got jealous and felt even worse.
Now, after much time, and a good deal of therapy (head not physical), I am back to see what help I can be.
I have followed your thread and you and me are alike in that Trouble seems to find us....
I am so happy to find you still chugging along and staying the course. But then, we kinda have no choice do we?
XX
Sandy
 
Sandy,

I have missed you! I understand your point of view about the people who seem to just get better and move along nicely! I however, look at it this way; I am happy and proud of them, because they chose to "roll the dice" so to speak, and they healed faster! I know you have gone through so much my friend as have I, but I have become a stronger person through this ordeal. (I think the only time I got upset was when someone said they never had any pain and were out skiing a week later!). Oh wait, that's what I was hoping for so never mind! :rotfl:
You my friend were active before surgery, so I cannot imagine the pain you have suffered. I was walking with braces and a walker, "wondering is this as good as it gets?" I had stopped all physical activity, because the pain was too much, and quite frankly "I no longer cared anymore."

God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends here and out in the world again that I can't imagine ever wanting to sit on the sidelines anymore! :rotfl: By the way, just between the two of us, :heehee: , I see a therapist every 2 weeks! She has helped me work through the sexual molestation I blamed myself for at the age of 16, and she convinced me to go for my masters among other things! Sometimes people come to realize they can't deal with all the stuff on their own, and they seek help! Tausha is great!
Please stick around and help me with this "unruly bunch of zany people!" I can't be the only one enduring all the laughter! :rotfl: I need a buddy to help share in the laughter! :happydance: :happydance:

Your Friend "The Shy One" :wink:
 
Yes, therapy is absolutely essential when dealing with long slow and painful recoveries that we had.
My biggest issue was the (false) expectation that I'd be totally pain free and could thus do anything I wanted, even run!
I felt like someone (?) had pulled the rug right out from under my life.
My reality is very different from what the dream was. In the process my life changed no fault of my own.
I do believe that God doesn't give us things that we cannot handle, and there must be a lesson in here somewhere...:headbang:

I see my Therapist every-other week as well. He gets it. In addition, I see a Psychaitrist who does talk therapy, so I get to really talk.....(like you I'm bashful)...:rotfl:

However, the big difference for me is pain control.
One cannot think logically while in agony, and my resistance to taking pain medication on a regular basis has been replaced with gratitude that these meds exist and that they are effective!

I'm planning on hanging here for a while to see if I can give any support to those who are not having a "textbook recovery"
Keep on fighting the good fight!
xx
Sandy.
PS Merry and Happy to you!
 
Well, when the kneecap slides out of place it is painful, but other than that, I am feeling pretty darned good!

Sandy, I am glad that you are using pain meds. To be in constant pain has to be so draining!

Merry Christmas to you as we'll, and here's to getting better and more active in the new year! :cheers:
 
Well, today has been very quiet! Someone, and I will not name the person, gave my hubby the stomach virus! So now he feels miserable and Mom said she would wait to come! Go figure! :whistle:
 
lol, duh! I wouldn't come to get that "gift" either... Wise woman, your mother!

Sandy, I for one believe that God DOES give me things that I flat out can NOT handle, that is when I absolutely must come running to Him for help, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13... and thank God that He is there to give me the strength that it takes. Hang in there and I definitely agree that it is wonderful to get therapy, the emotional support kind. Life is hard and we need help, sometimes meds too... Glad that you are back.
 
BJ I have a shirt that I wear to therapy and people ask me what it means. When I tell them, they smile. :)

Gee at first it sounded like they were smiling because I was wearing a shirt! :rofsign:

Actually the shirt has Phil 4:13 on it and they ask about the verse! I am losing my mind! :happydance:
 
:rotfl: Yeah, like what? It means that you don't want anyone to see your bra... :heehee: Actually my thought was more like, ummm, what is on your shirt that they wonder what it means.

I hope that you had a great Christmas
 
I posted something earlier and I don't see it. Rats!

Sonja: Whenever I mention to a doc that I belong to the BoneSmart forum, s/he always encourages me to be active in it, for my sake and that of others. I used to post more when I couldn't sleep at night/early morn hours..but now that I'm more active, I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I have no stamina! Hopefully, things will improve (I know they will) and I can get back to being my normal night owl (NOT TKR night owl). I used to LOVE my PT sesh. Glad to see you are enjoying yours.

Sandy. Had to smile when I saw you were back. Glad you got help and it worked. We need you here.
 
Pooshay,

The funny thingis the more they dish out the more determined I become! Today, Katie moved the single leg lift from 80 to 130 pounds! Quite a jump, but you know what, my knee handled it just fine. It is now 200 with both legs! :happydance:

I love the competitive nature, and my knee is doing pretty good, it just buckled after workouts. I rode the bike at the end for 1 1/2 miles! :happydance:
 
Way to go Sonja, just keep getting stronger and stronger every day. Tomorrow is my last pt and I am a little sad.
 
Back
Top Bottom