Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ok, enough with food! :sick: I didn't realize how much I was enjoying healthier eating until I have been eating like there was "no tomorrow" for the past two days! I am so ready to get back into my routine tomorrow, and forget all this mess and move forward! :happydance:
 
Sonja, I'm so glad to hear that you and Pat are feeling better, and that you were able to enjoy some of mom's good cooking! :friends:
 
Hello everyone! Thank you to all of you Northerner's for FINALLY sharing some snow with us!:happydance: I know Debbie likes to try to keep it so she can get her exercise!:heehee:
 
You're welcome Sonja! We had a high of 27 degrees today and the snow is not going anywhere! How much snow did you get my friend?
 
Snow, Texas??
Not a state that I equate with snow?!
Is that usual or is this a nice winter treat? :)
 
Well, last year we got a total of 14 inches, but we are up towards the panhandle. Yesterday, it was snow flurries, and it was just pretty to look at. Last night it was beautiful, until my hubby asked me if I would go get his cell phone! My knee buckled and I thought, hmmm...maybe watching snow on tv isn't so bad after all! Oh I guess it would be helpful to mention that I slipped! We had ice and snow. We got 2 inches last night, but the problem is a lot of people around here don't know how to drive when the roads are slick! They either think they should "fly" or go so slow they cause big piles of traffic congestion! My Dad who was from Montana taught me how to drive on ice and snow so I do well. :happydance:
 
Sonya, you have got to take it easy girl! All this slipping and sliding is just not the way to go!

You won't be able to do your Leslie DVDs with us if you are not careful!
 
Ditto to what Lisa said, be careful! Did you go all the way down or just do the ice dance? When I see snow or ice I always do the "old lady shuffle" been doing it for many years and I'm guessing more so now!
 
It's funny (maybe not funny, but that's the only word I can think of right now!) how people who are not ever around snow/ice etc. will always slip and fall with just the teeniest bit of precipitation. I have lived in Maine my entire life and the number of times I have actually fallen is under 10- probably closer to 5.
 
Actually Coachie, my Dad grew up in Montana, and Mom in Missouri, and there were years that Thanksgiving or Christmas was spent there. I never slipped then, but give his darned kneecap any excuse and it will buckle! It is better, but it is frustrating.
 
Hello Everyone! I had a weird experience in PT before I left for Abilene yesterday. The kneecap slipped out but a nerve on the outside of the lower leg started firing. We don't know why, but it has settled into an ache now. I will not be posting much as I have my hands full this week helping with the new mediation class. Hope everyone is well and I will catch up when I can! I went out and bought a pair of 5 pound hand weights so I can continue the workout Felice sent with me! :happydance:
 
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well! This past week was exciting! I was training others how to be mediators and I did role plays where I got to be ornery! I know, I know, it is so much out of character for me, but I did it so the students could learn! :) :angel:

Tomorrow is the start of a new semester and I am going to start working on my practicum putting together a presentation for "The Peace Maker" course I am going to teach hopefully in the summer!" I am hoping to connect with the county or the Crisis Center and do Pro Bono mediations also! :thumb:

This semester will be busy, but I will still be here also! This forum is so important to me! BoneSmarties are the Greatest! :happydance:
 
Sonja,
Glad you are back home and that things went well even though you had to be ornery, or is that hornery. Please keep posting we need you more than you know.
 
I guess if anyone has the right to be onery, it's you Sonja. After all life has thrown at you this past couple of years or so, and through it all you have kep your dignity, and still managed to support and encourage all of us on this forum along the way. Carry on is what I say being onery!! xx


(I edited out the strike--must have hit the ABC next to B I U on edit line)
 
Not sure why my message has a line right through it but please ignore, sentiment still meant, and hope you have lots of success this year Sonja, and all other Bone Smarties on this journey, its forever changing as we go, but is certainly well worth the ticket, and we all get to our destination, some more slowly than others, but we meet such a great bunch of people along the way. Happy New Year everyone!!!
 
I understood your messages loud and clear Aretha, and Thank You! You have been a ray of sunshine that disappeared for a while and I a glad to see you back! :happydance: aretha
 
Sonja,
Glad you are back home and that things went well even though you had to ber ornery, of is that hornery. Please keep posting we need you more than you know.

LOL, my hubby was "in the mood" this morning at 2:00 a.m. and I asked him if he had thought about a regular sleep schedule where both of us would be instead of one sleepy and one horny?! :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom