Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Yes I do believe God has more plans for me! When I was 19 and a delivery driver for a restaurant, I was traveling down towards a 4 lane intersection! My light had turned green way before I got there and it stayed green! All of the sudden, I heard "someone" yelling Stop! The voice had a sense of urgency to it so I slammed on the brakes even though the light was green! About the time I got the car stopped, this old style red Chevy came flying through the light! I would have been dead then also! When I stopped shaking the tape I had in was singing, "Angels Watching over me!" I believe it! :angel:
 
Yes Debbie we do!

I will be driving to Dallas on Wednesday to see Dr. Maale! :happydance: I am ready to get a new brace to keep this leg together! :happydance: Then Mom and I will drive back on Friday! :) I would rather drive all over Dallas right now instead of Midland-Odessa! The 2 cities are growing closer together so we had a combined census of over 200,000. Now they are saying the families that have come in the last 6 months have pushed the census to over 300,000! :shrug: People just keep coming, and they are having a hard time finding houses. New construction is everywhere, and at the rate we are growing we should get a Costco pretty soon instead of me shopping in Dallas! :happydance:
 
Sonja, I am glad you are going to see Dr. Maale on Wednesday. If you don't get a really good brace to keep your knee where it belongs, you head up to WI and Dave will take you to his shop (on the farm) and he can weld and he will design something that will work. Chantel (my therapist) started working with Dave for his neck and lack of left arm strength and she commented how big his hands are. Very typical of a farmers hands. They use them so much in their work. Chantel said with talking to him, she sees how he has been there for me trying to build things for me to use to rehab too.
 
Debbie,

Thanks for the offer! It would be a little too far and not very cost effective, but boy would we have a great time! By the way, as you head to Arizona, you could make a pit stop in TX! :cheers:
 
We actually do go through the pan handle of TX when we go to AZ. We cut through on hwy 54. Cuts about 200 miles off our trip instead of taking the interstate.
 
Sonja....SO glad your angels are still clocking time for you. Close call, hon.....good to hear you're safe.
 
Sonja....SO glad your angels are still clocking time for you. Close call, hon.....good to hear you're safe.
 
Debbie_joints, both of my parents were raised on the farm! Grandpa and Grandma Brekke had a large farm with cattle in Montana. They also had 11 children to help with the farming!

Grandpa and Grandma Cole had a large farm, but also had a lot of milk cows to supplement their income. Every morning at 7:00 am the Milk truck would pull up to load up all the milk. They had 5 children to help. When I would visit the farm, I would get up with Grandpa at 4:30 am and we would start putting the "automatic" milkers on the cows. After we finished we would head out on the tractor to do some planting, or we would go and combine in the summer. I can still remember the taste of wheat! Yum yum!

I was 16 when my Grandparents were killed in a car accident. Grandpa Cole pulled out in front of an eighteen wheeler. Both died instantly. I miss the farm and I really miss all of my Grandparents.!

I lost my Grandpa Brekke in 1977 to colon cancer and then Grandma Brekke in 1989 due to kidney failure. Dad passed away from Brain cancer in 1992. I miss them all, and most of all I miss my Dad!

That's why I've learned to live for today, because no one is promised a tomorrow. I wear a yellow LiveStrong band in honor of my Dad and have several shirts with Livestrong. I want to remind myself to try and LiveStrong everyday, because that's what my Dad would have wanted! :happydance:
 
Hi Sonja, just caught up with you again - you are such a bright and positive spirit (despite your shyness :)) just reading through through your posts and your adventures (or misadventures) has brightened my morning - just because of your humor and approach to life.
My knee cap has gotten stuck up and in - and has been very painful - OS thinks for me that it is a ball of scar tissue that is getting lodged under my knee cap - it has not happened since the MUA (knock on wood) I'm hoping that means that piece moved with the manipulation and won't be back! If it returns or continues to happen he would consider going in arthroscopically to do a clean-up but he would rather avoid that if possible.
Thank you again for sharing yourself - normally I have a sense of humor and try to be "the glass is half full rather than half empty" type of person but as of late I have found that to be a bit difficult. As I said you've brightened my morning today.
 
Well as PooShay commented after she had met me, I am the same in person as I am on here! God has been so good to me, so how could I be any other way but thankful! I have my Dad's laugh and sense of humor. I think my parents "made me ornery!" They said when I was 24, "we thought having a child was easy, with my older sister!" Then 3 years later they changed their minds!" :rotfl:

Signed "The Shy One!"
 
OK, Katie called me out on the food program today! :heehee: I told her it would be hard at Christmas with my mom and hubby baking. She said, put a little of everything on your plate and skip dessert! :scary: Skip pecan pie, pumpkin pie, Mom's fudge, mom's dream bars! I said I would eat tiny portions of dessert. Then she said "You can either have your calories at dinner or dessert! I started laughing and said well then I will just eat dessert! :rotfl: Wasn't the answer she wanted to hear! :rotfl:

She also said I was losing muscle in my left leg, and I said how can that happen since I am overcompensating according to you! :heehee:

People around me get quite a laugh, but Katie just gave me "the look"! :heehee: Pumpkln, wouldn't you love to have me as a client?! :heehee:
 
I would have said the same thing...ok I will skip dinner and eat dessert, can always have dinner tomorrow....:rotfl:!
 
I would have said the same thing...ok I will skip dinner and eat dessert, can always have dinner tomorrow....:rotfl:!
I thought about saying that, but she already had her behave yourself look on her face and.......... I am shy after all! : :giggle:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Seems like I read somewhere on the forum that you like snow, but snow doesn't like Texas; so I sending you your own snow storm. I hope you appreciate my effort.

All kidding aside, you sound upbeat and cheerful these days. Other than that pesky knee cap, how are things going otherwise? Sure hope all is well. I'm good and things are progressing, very slowly, but they are progressing. Take care and try not to do anything foolish to spoil your holiday. [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
LOL:rotfl: , come on over, we will volunteer you for the Adult Day Club after your sessions, they love to laugh:giggle: .
Pumpkin is a vegetable, what is the problem. Skip the crust and there you go. :ok:
 
Back
Top Bottom