Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

That is really cool, how do you make a phone do those kind of things???
Having a very intelligent computer savvy husband has it benefits! :wink::happydance:

In other words I have no idea how he programmed it but he has done that for all of my devices and his too!:heehee:
 
Debbie I need to call American and ask for all the frequent flier miles my phone is raking in! :rotfl:
 
Interesting ways to fall on cement!:rotfl:​
​
Well, you know what? I was thinking about it, and decided to "share" after all! I had a little touch of shyness :blush: , attack me. Anyway, here it goes! :whistle:​
​
1. Make sure that your hubby hasn't finished the remodeling on the bathroom, or this won't be nearly as effective! My Master Bath is a work in progress, so the floor is cement so this situation applies to me! :umm:​
​
2. Make sure that your feet are still wet when you step out of the shower and off the mat! (You must be in a hurry, because usually, you would grab the towel and dry off, and of course I was! :rotfl: )​
​
3. Decide to put on clothes with feet still wet, that works reallllllyyyyyy well! (It helps to set up the next stage of the drama!)​
​
4. After you have mastered the underwear, shorts, and bra, try moving, while putting your t-shirt on over your head. (Make sure you can't see, as you are moving, because then you might miss something!)​
​
5. Have the bathroom scale placed strategically in your way as you are moving with wet feet to pull your shirt over your head! (Adds to the Drama!)​
​
6. Find yourself tripping over scale and losing balance because feet are sliding out from under you! You naturally pitch forward and your knees and then somehow tailbone all land on the cement!​
​
7. Listen to husband in bedroom ask if you are OK, after he hears big crash, and ask "what do you think?" (Forgetting that he is a man and that he takes me literally and that I have not screamed for help, he yells OK then, I will leave you alone!") Needless to say the next words I said brought him in quickly, but I Can't share those because they are in code! :rotfl:​
​
Disclaimer: If you are a man, omit the bra part, and don't worry about waiting to hear your wife ask if you are OK! She will, a. either be in the restroom with you, or b. running through the door to help without asking if you are OK the minute she hears the loud crash!:whistle:​
By the way this was a true story, but i am fine and now I can laugh because all that happened was a hairline fracture in my right patella.​
​
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!:rotfl: or anywhere else for that matter. i decided to post this on the social forum as well as where it was so maybe the hippie's could have a laugh or two. It seems we don't cross fields very often and maybe we should!​

New Knees, New Life, New Attitude!:yahoo:"As Long as I Remember God is my Pilot, Life's a Dance":happydance:
 
Sonja, you are such a hoot! Loved that description - also the one about your phone! Speaking of which, I have been phoning friends in Australia of late and always seem to phone them either late at night or about 6am! They are very sweet about it but is very embarrassing! So I have a palm top organiser, had it for years and only this evening discovered that it has a world clock which I can set to any place in the world (no really???) and so I set it to their area and now I know at any moment of my day what day and time they are on right then! How neat is that? and I spent all this time writing lists of times UK/Oz and getting them wrong!
 
Well I have another story so here it goes, Interesting ways to bend the knee in sideways!

1. Come home after a day of Physical Therapy with Katie followed by a day of Personal Training with Felice and rip your brace off and throw it through the opening between the kitchen and living room.
2. Make sure that you have bought a huge Dr. Pepper (or any flavor of your choice), and have only drank a couple of ounces. This helps with the mess you are about to create.
3. As you throw that brace through the window, hear a loud crash, and wonder what it was. Think, I ought to check on that as soon as i let the dogs out, change the laundry from washer to dryer and go to restroom.
4. Walk into living room with a surprised look on your face wondering how in the world could you have a river of Dr. Pepper all around your recliner.
5. Get towels and start mopping up the excess fluid and think, there is soda pop under the recliner. The recliner is heavy but I CAN Handle it!
6. Move the towels around with your feet as you are balancing the recliner on your hip, this part is important to the plot!
7. As you are moving you start to realize the recliner is moving also.
8. You try to stop it but all of the sudden the right knee swivels inward and tells you to put the recliner down.
9. Hardheaded Sonja overrules the decision and continues to sop up the pop. Well the knee is as hard headed as I am so it decided to move farther towards my left knee while my foot was planted.
10. The knee won this battle.
11. We have stain master carpet so the soda did not set thank goodness. I was able to finish after I adjusted my knee!:happydance:
 
Yep, I have my world clock set for the UK and Australia, and Egypt.:)

That way I know if you are just ignoring me or if you might actually be sleeping!:rotfl:
 
So, when I slipped on the water on the bathroom floor I was holding my cel phone. I had just walked in there to get something, and swoosh, Bang, boom, slam my left knee hit the floor sooooo hard I screamed and cried, but alas and alak I was home alone and the dogs weren't sure they wanted to come and check on me. My phone was a gonner. I went to the Chiropractor and he straightened me out.

Please do not try this at home!!! But I did get a new phone out of the deal... :rotfl:

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

But Sonja leaves her phone in a plane so sh can get a new one, I think she chose the less painful way to get a new phone. I recommend that you do it Sonja's way if you want a new phone! :whistle:
 
BJ,
I think she left the phone on the plane so that the next time she did the bathroom ballet hers wouldn't end up looking like yours. At least if its on the plane it won't be broken.
 
So, when I slipped on the water on the bathroom floor I was holding my cel phone. I had just walked in there to get something, and swoosh, Bang, boom, slam my left knee hit the floor sooooo hard I screamed and cried, but alas and alak I was home alone and the dogs weren't sure they wanted to come and check on me. My phone was a gonner. I went to the Chiropractor and he straightened me out.

Please do not try this at home!!! But I did get a new phone out of the deal... :rotfl:


[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

But Sonja leaves her phone in a plane so sh can get a new one, I think she chose the less painful way to get a new phone. I recommend that you do it Sonja's way if you want a new phone! :whistle:
BJ, my phone is going around the United States racking up frequent flier miles! I don't have my phone in the bathroom when I am doing my slip and slide routine! :rotfl:
 
BJ,
I think she left the phone on the plane so that the next time she did the bathroom ballet hers wouldn't end up looking like yours. At least if its on the plane it won't be broken.
I don't know, an awful lot of people have been sitting on my poor phone lately! I'm glad Pat doesn't have it set up to take pictures! I would see a lot of hineys! :rotfl:
 
Oh, by the way, my hubby installed a grab bar that sinks into the wall! I tried it to see if it would hold my weight if I was home by myself, and my hubby stood behind me just in case. It is very secure! :happydance:
 
OK ...... Drum roll please...... Finished all three papers, 2 discussion group forums, and one survey,even with the events of last week! I had been granted an extension, but did not take it. I am so happy to be through with all of that! Now on to the next unit. Coachie, you will be pleased because in this unit I actually have to WORK! I have a 8,000 word thesis paper due 2 discussion groups to keep going, and two discussion papers to write! iI wouldn't want you to think I was loafing or anything! :loll: :rotfl: :rotfl: Coachie
 
That's right! No slacking off!! :rotfl:

Whenever I write any papers, I use the "math teacher" excuse- that math teachers are not always known for their writing skills. I "forget" to mention that in addition to my math degree, I also have a Bachelor's degree in English :whistle:
 
Sonja, glad your husband installed a grab bar for you. I only have the suction cup ones in my shower, but I always have a rug outside the shower, oh, I guess there is a little two prong thing to hold my towel when I am in the shower and that is secure and I just keep a hand on that when I get out. Dave did put up two smaller grab bars by the toilet last year when I had my hip replacement. A person gets too dependent on them though I think.

OK, refresh my memory, with all this paper writing, what is it you want to be when you grow up??? :heehee:
 
Sonja you just have a special talent, you are doing quite well with your multitasking. It must be from the shyness right?!? I love the walking while putting your tshirt on. LOL
 
That's right! No slacking off!! :rotfl:

Whenever I write any papers, I use the "math teacher" excuse- that math teachers are not always known for their writing skills. I "forget" to mention that in addition to my math degree, I also have a Bachelor's degree in English :whistle:

Coachiie give me the name of your instructors, and I will happily inform them of your Bachelor's in English! It's the LEAST I can do for you! :rotfl:

After all you have been my sparring buddie for quite a while, and I figured out that you were analytical, and task driven, but I knew by your posts that you also had an English background! :wink:

I wish you could explain more of your black and white theory, and analytical side, because then I might understand my husband! :rotfl:

p.s. They can tell by your writing that you have a background in English! You aren't fooling them! Coachie
 
Sonja you just have a special talent, you are doing quite well with your multitasking. It must be from the shyness right?!? I love the walking while putting your tshirt on. LOL

Yes, my shyness does tend to get in the way sometimes! :blush:
 
Back
Top Bottom