Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja I am sorry about your uncle. Even though expected it's still sad. Are you sure you are up to flying/traveling right now? I don't think anyone would blame you if stayed at home. How is your Mom taking the loss?
Hello Brownie! I am doing pretty good as far as being able to travel. I can't let Mom go by herself, she needs me. Mom hides her feelings but it is obvious she is depressed right now. Uncle Jim was in the Air Force, and so was Dad. Dad came along with Uncle Jim, to see my aunt Liz, whom he eventually married. The interesting part was Dad was supposed to go on a blind date with my Aunt Marlene, who eventually became Uncle Bill's wife. When they arrived, Mom was visiting Liz, and Dad couldn't take his eyes off Mom! Made Marlene mad, but the rest as they say is history! Mom and Dad started going out on a regular basis, and then they were married! :happydance:
 
So sorry for your Sonja, even when it's expected it's still a loss. Wishing you and your family comfort and peace - glad you can be there for your mom, I'm sure she appreciates it.
 
You are in my thoughts and prayers Sonja, even though it was expected its never easy when it happens...have a safe trip and take care!
 
Sonja sending prayers up for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. Big hugs to you and Mom!
 
Uncle Jim wanted a celebration of life memorial service, so we are supposed to think of all the good things that we remember! I hope they don't ask me to go first, because I could talk all day! :happydance:

I like the celebration of life idea a lot. Uncle Bill, the uncle with smooth cell sarcoma will be there and we can honor him also!:angel:

My only worry is that my shyness will get in the way! :blush:
 
I've done the jump before, no need for the clean underwear....hahahaha you keep them for your cliff diving experience....:yahoo:

Cliff Diving..... Ooh what fun! I would love to o that! :happydance: I won't need clean underwear after that anyway! I love challenges!
 
Sonja, so sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, however he is in good hands now!:angel:

May you and your mom find comfort in your happy memories of your uncle!

Have a safe trip my friend!
 
Sonja, (((((hugs))))) for you and your mom.

Dear Lord, Bless our friend Sonja and her mom in this time of sorrow. Grant them traveling mercies, and please bless them as they pay tribute to Sonja's uncle and have a celebration of his life. Amen.
 
BJ thanks for the prayers and I enjoyed talking on the phone with you today. Well, maybe I should say I enjoyed talking so much I didn't let you say much!:heehee: I am so sorry that I am so shy and have problems speaking up. I will try harder next time. We leave tomorrow at 2:15 CST for Arkansas. I have been trying to remember everything I need, but I am sure some will be left behind! Oh well, it will be ok! God will be with us on this trip and with my Uncle's wife and children, grandchildren. I am glad that I feel good enough to go! I see Katie at 7:15 am in the morning, and then I hit the road for a 2 hour drive to my Mom's. It will be worth it though!:angel:
 
Well we made it safely to Little Rock Arkansas. Tomorrow we will head to Greenbriar where my aunt lives. We are having the celebration of my uncle Jim's life at the house and so I think it will be a great time to hear stories I never knew and contribute a few of my own!:happydance:
 
Family bonding, there's never enough of it! Stay safe my friend, we don't want to hear about any new stumbles or falls my friend!:console2:
 
It is sad for the reason for your family getting together, but good that you all can rejoice in his life. Big Hugs Sonja.
 
Well, we made it through the celebration, and I learned a lot about Uncle Jim from his Kids, grand kids, and even great grand kids that I didn't know! It was a sad but uplifting time.

Tomorrow, Mom and Aunt Liz are going to spend the day together, while I work on my class. Aunt Liz and Mom are already planning trips together and I am so happy! Mom was lonely, Liz will be lonely, but together they can be each other's support system! :happydance:
 
Great Sonja! I'm so glad you were able to connect with family and learn more about you uncle.
I'm so happy your aunt Liz and mom will have a support system together, this is a positive derived from a negative, not always the best way for this to happen, however great for them!

Good luck on your class Sonja! :thumb:
 
Sonja, so sorry I am just now catching up with your posts. I'm very sorry for the loss of your Uncle. Even when these things are "expected," they can still be difficult and emotional. My heart and prayers are with you.
 
Well tomorrow, we have to be at the airport at 5:00 am. We will return the rental car go thru the frisking that I have to put up with and then board the plane to leave at 6:15 a.m. We arrive in San Angelo at 10:05 am, then I drive for 2 hours back to my house and get ready for PT at 3:00 Whew! I am tired just typing all that and I still have 2 1/2 thesis papers to write!:groan::whistle:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom