Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ahhhhhhhhh skateboarding...brings back memories of my very first knee injury when I was 14 yrs old. I loved skateboarding!!! :) I love rollerblading aka in-line skating and ice skating and x-country skiing and mountain biking and and and and.....downhill skiing is my passion! May I join your group? I even know how to play hockey and tennis if you need a sub....:loll:! No wonder my knees are so blessed or is it rebellion? :rotfl:
 
Sonja- your attitude continues to inspire me- I'm sorry for all you continue to go through. I am happy about your ROM- I am adding you to my prayer list. Hugs.
 
Just, what would our group be without you! :happydance: Of course you may join as well as anyone else who is looking to have some fun! :happydance:
 
Sonja- your attitude continues to inspire me- I'm sorry for all you continue to go through. I am happy about your ROM- I am adding you to my prayer list. Hugs.

Rose, God gets me through each day! Some are harder than others but as long as I remember that He is the Pilot, things fly smoothly! :happydance:

When I get myself into trouble, I realize that is when I am trying to take the Pilot's seat and THAT will NEVER happen! :angel:

I don't know sometimes if it is my shyness, :blush: or my hard head that gets me in the most trouble! :wink: :headbang:

Thank you for adding me to your prayer list! I am a definite believer in the power of prayer! :angel:
 
Sonja,
Getting to work on the uni for Poppet. Just think how we will mess up the other team when we all have knees on ours but she will have a hip x-ray. That should confuse at least a few of them. Will start on Tessa uni soon and Jacky's has capris instead of shorts, am I missing any specs for anyone?
With all this sewing my knee is really getting a workout, it's the one that has to press the machine pedal, but all good.
 
Well, keep in mind that I want extra fabric across the butt! It's hard to do all of my awesome backward/forward skating with a wedgie! :happydance: :rotfl:

No charge for the extra PT you are getting pushing the sewing machine pedal! It's our way of saying "you go girl!" :rotfl:
 
Well, when I was a kid, we climbed trees and jumped out of them. Also, we made a bicycle ramp on a gravel road! I bet you can where this is going! :whistle: Yep, I went flying through the air with my bicycle, and when I came down well the bike went one way and I went the other! Tore up my knees pretty bad and arms and face etc... But as soon as I was healed up........ :whistle:
 
I also climbed trees and jumped out of them. I am still tempted to continue this silly activity....

As for the bike incident, I did that LAST MONTH.
Bike went one way, Sandy went the other, and the only casualty was my front bike wheel. Bent it out of place! Well, I guess I DID get bruised.....:)
 
We used to somersault off cliffs into snow....that was good fun, :heehee:! Trees, up until last year I was still climbing them, only ever had one fall out of them... :)! Bikes and ramps and races....yep been there, did that but didn't do a Sonja, hee hee! X-country skiing down hill now that was fun except for no brakes, :rotfl:! Did try to pull a wheelie once while double riding, that did not work out well, ask me skinned out elbows....lol! Snowmobiling now that's fun....when we were teens getting towed behind on sled....
 
Well Sandy, I like the adventurous part, but the falling isn't near as much fun! :rotfl:

Just, what is snow? I hardly ever see any unless I am watching TV! :rotfl:

I think I have mentioned it before but here it goes... I was riding my friend's brand new horse with no bridle or saddle and did real well.... Until he got tired of having a happy kid on his back and ran straight for the low hanging branches.... :happydance:
 
I have one that will beat that :whistle: although it wasn't as dramatic as the horse without the riding equipment, lol! I don't think you are ready to read about it yet though....:rotfl:!
 
Well, Just... As you know I am shy.... :blush: , so I might not be ready to read about it yet! :rotfl:
 
Roller Derby Team,
I am trying to work a way with our uni's to use bubble wrap for lining so if we go BOOM!!! we would just bounce back up. So keep saving bubble wrap please.
 
Rose, pardon me for questioning you but in all the times I have seen bubble wrap used, it pops! How about foam inserts to go with the bubble wrap, and have BJ send down the pretty colors from her post office! :happydance: That is, if she hasn't used all the bubble wrap up on her many misadventures! :rotfl:
 
Update: I have a very difficult decision to make next month. My new ID thinks that I should stop the antibiotics for life idea. Dr. Maale is saying lifetime maintenance antibotics, and I am in the middle. I did not like c-diff attacking, who would :heehee: , but I NEVER want to have another MRSA infection! This knee has been Godsend, and it has been spectacular at getting me out of jams. I know if I ended up with another infection, they would not be able to put this type of knee back in! I don't know of many people that can say, my leg was on backwards, and my husband twisted until it popped back. It is amazing, and I would hate to go to the type that has a higher chance of dislocating. My ROM is 125 now, and even though the inside of the leg's muscle is weak, we are working hard to make it better. That way "Capsie" will stay in place once and for all! :happydance:
 
Yes Sonja, that is a very hard decision to make. On the one hand you do not want the mrsa back ever again. But the antis causing the c-diff is a challenge as well. I know it would be nice to be off all antibiotics, and give your poor stomach a rest, just if there was some way you could know if that would work out well.
Good luck and I hope God steers you in the right direction, with your decision.
On a lighter note, i was little wild in my adventures as a kid too, we used to climb trees, and from the trees we could get on roof tops, and jump off the house. That would kill me now:yikes:. i also was riding my skate board up a ramp, and i was going so fast the i ran the ramp, straight over the top of it an it was about 4-6 ft high, and landed on my butt.
Then one time i was riding my bike thru a trail came to a bottom of a hill, and the bike literally did a full 360 in the air with me still on even as i landed, then the bike was going so fast i had to jump off of it before it crashed into a huge rock. i was fine except my leg hurt a little bit. I know that is hard to believe, i wouldn't have believed either if i hadn't experienced it. It was like something out of the bmx extreme shows. Suffice it to say , i haven't gotten on a bike in several years, but do hope to return to it, and roller skating once I have two new knees.
 
Thanks for sharing your adventures Sheryl! Gosh, we all thought we were invincible as kids didn't we! We never thought about the danger or anything, the more challenging the better! My best friend in elementary and I played tackle football on Saturday's with a group of boys. No "sissies" pads or helmets for us! Just straight out clothing. I was the quarterback, and Rosalinda would run a "fly" pattern and I would launch the football! Sometimes I kept it and ran but we were tackled pretty hard. One boy said, I ain't gonna tackle no girl, so we huddled up, sent Rosalinda wide out to his side, and I threw a strike. Touchdown! After that he changed his mind! :happydance: :rotfl:

I also played baseball, and was only one of two girls on the team. Boys didn't scare me, but having grown up with a sister and no brothers has taught me something as well.

I had always assumed that men were complicated, the same as women! This error in judgement has led to a lot of frustration! :rotfl:
 
Girls,
Has anyone noticed the childhood stories of us "kneesies", and that none of them are stating we sat on the proch and played with dolls. Do you thing there might be a correlation there.? I too was a tree climber, Just one of the "boys", tackle football in high school with the guys (they were ll on the team) no SISSY stuff for me.
 
Personally, I liked my porch. It was a great porch! Although there was an apple tree out back that I spent some time in...
 
Well, Good Morning Everyone!

Yes, I am up just to wish you a good morning... Well, not really the only reason. I am aching tonight. I went to PT today and was doing squats when the knee cap slipped out! Tears started streaming down my face so I said, no more. I got myself up on the table but Katie said, "No, we aren't giving up!" Funny I didn't see her doing the squats! :heehee:

Anyway, I got back down and she kept her hand on the side of the knee to keep it from popping out! It started behaving and so she took her hand away and ... Of course the danged kneecap went out again! Sometimes I get frustrated with this process, but realize I have to continue working on making it stronger! Katie refuses to let me give up on any day no matter how I feel, and that is great! :happydance:

I still hurt though but later today will be better and I will have a session with Katie again! I missed several days and it is unhappy! :gaah:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom