Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Pumpkin, when we first married, I had the romantic idea of a beautiful sleigh bed! Well we got one. Then we went looking for a nice mattress and I didn't think about it, but when you try out a bed they always have them as low as possible! :whistle: Anyway, Pat and I found this bed that has the box spring and cushy pillow top mattress all in one. Well, when we were laying on it in the store, it was so easy to get on and off. This Mattress takes special sheets at 350.00 a pop! Can't just go to Target and buy them! :shrug:

So now I have this bed that is higher than my waist when I am standing and I am 5 91/2! :umm:

Step stool will be back in use now though. Found something else for the rotating air conditioner/heater! :happydance:
 
Ok Jamie,

But I don't think he is going to be very happy with me. I am usually such a model patient after all! :angel:
 
Holy *&^%$@+! Batman!!!!! What the heck???? My eyes crossed just reading your dang episode!:rolleyes: I would have been in the ER lickidy split! Is your hubby a medic or something? How did you know that by the "Do it yourself method" wouldn't damage something else? Sonja, Sonja, Sonja :headbang: What part of (Stay well and stay safe my friend) did you not understand?
That legs got to be pretty painful today, is it not?!
 
Oh Sonja, that made my flesh creep as I read it. I have no idea what happened - obviously some kind of dislocation. But I would have expected it to be excruciatingly painful while it was out of place. Do let us know what your doctor says.
 
Oh Sonja, that made my flesh creep as I read it. I have no idea what happened - obviously some kind of dislocation. But I would have expected it to be excruciatingly painful while it was out of place. Do let us know what your doctor says.
Jo,

When it was upside down it wasn't too bad. It was "a little painful :heehee: , when we heard the pop, and then when my hubby put my kneecap back in place there was some pain! :whistle:

But, as I am sure you know, I have had a lot of pain before, so my body has a pretty high threshold! :wink:
 
Jacky,

I asked my husband to twist the sucker. He used to be a paramedic, so he does have some medical background. If I went to the ER that we have here "with my leg on backwards" the first thing they would do is test me for diabetes as usual. I don't have diabetes, but both times the 1st being several years ago when I presented the classic signs of a heart attack. They tested for diabetes, never did an EKG, and sent me home. The next time was when I got overheated at T-Star and started stuttering. Tested for diabetes, (negative) gave me pain meds which i didn't want and sent me home. I can just imagine going this time. They would run another diabetes screen and tell me I was fine and to shake the leg until it righted itself! :rotfl:
 
Vicki, my hip is fine. My knee is swollen today, go figure, but I am not in much pain. I feel crunchy but otherwise ok! :happydance:
 
:rotfl: Yikes! I do not want to grow up to be like you!!! :yikes: :loll::shocked: I never know what I am going to hear from you next. WHERE IS THE BUBBLE WRAP!!!!

People, Sonja needs the BUBBLE WRAP ASAP!!! we need to wrap her and use the Duct Tape over that and IDK what else...
 
Well, you must say I am always full of surprises! :rotfl:

I hadn't planned on having my leg do that though. It thought of it on it's own! :heehee:
 
Sonja,

It does sound like a possible patella issue. I know you have had some problems with the knee cap in the past. Hopefully it was not tibio-femoral joint. Let us know what your OS thinks.

Orthodoc
 
Thank you Orthodoc and everyone! I guess "I will bite the bullet" and call tomorrow! Dr. Maale may be ready to wring my neck so if you don't hear from me again, I enjoyed getting to know each of you! :beg: :rotfl:
 
RestAssured, Please be careful with that bed. Does it still hurt? I would really watch it and any swelling or changing of color would definitly needs to be checked. Please be careful. Take care and stay safe. :friends: Tashia :bicycle2:
 
Sonja..I just am amazed that you can keep on smiling.

Merry,

After suffering through the devastiing effects of MRSA 8 times, I learned there wasn't anything that was going to keep me down! God is always by my side as my Pilot, and these are just "the speed bumps" of life! :happydance:

Tashia,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You are always so positive and I admire how you work to lift everyone else up! You are an Angel :angel:
 
Well, that's amazing! You go, girl!


But as for this .....

:eeeuw:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Jo, I read about this and they take and put the reconstituted "doody" either in a nasogastric tube or in a colon scope. I was trying to imagine someone with a nasogastric tube going into their belly with "doody" flowing through it! :sick: :scary:

Yuck! I am still trying to figure out how they ever came up with the idea of "Hey, why don't we put someone else's "doody" in the patient's belly, and see if it makes flora so they feel better?" If any of you know Bill Engvall the comedian, he would give them " Here's Your Sign!" :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
I just thought of something! If I can get that leg to "flip at will". We will be unbeatable in roller derby! After all the opposition won't know if I'm coming or going! :rotfl:
 
Hello Everyone!:happydance:

My knee has returned to an almost normal size now and I am feeling so much better! I was a little crunchy today, but it has gotten better. I guess that my body has adjusted to high pain thresholds because "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking!" Anyone remember that watch commercial? Here I am making up ditties, and I haven't finished my thesis paper. Oh well, I still have tomorrow............ it is half way there...... he he eh hum :whistle:

It just started raining again! I wonder if they will cancel school for those children again tomorrow? I like it better when they are in school, because as we found out they were the cause of a lot of the accidents and the ones who drove through barriers to be rescued. They wanted to be on TV!:yikes:
 
Jo, I read about this and they take and put the reconstituted "doody" either in a nasogastric tube or in a colon scope. I was trying to imagine someone with a nasogastric tube going into their belly with "doody" flowing through it! :sick: :scary:

Yuck! I am still trying to figure out how they ever came up with the idea of "Hey, why don't we put someone else's "doody" in the patient's belly, and see if it makes flora so they feel better?" If any of you know Bill Engvall the comedian, he would give them " Here's Your Sign!" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Professor Tom Borody, Centre for Digestive Diseases, Sydney, Australia is the culprit I believe.......he was looking for a cure for irritable bowel syndrome in the early 1990s.

On a positive note, good to read you've got through your recent issues ok.

As BJ says we need to wrap you in bubble wrap. Now, where did the BBC put Mr Blobby's costume when Noel Edmonds House Party episodes on TV finished? Wrap you in that and we'd make you invincilble. UK Bonesmarties will remember this.
 
Back
Top Bottom