Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ok, I thought I had seen it all but I was wrong. We had rain last night and it continued today, nice gentle rain, and a SCHOOL district of over 150,000, cancelled school because of the rain! :yikes: I drove around all day today and didn't have any problems! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing before????? We had a few flooded streets but big deal! :rotfl:

Watching the news we had people who "decided" to drive into the flooded areas, even though the Dept. of Highway Safety had big Orange signs saying DO NOT CROSS! People had to be rescued because they drove through the barriers! We had accidents because even though the roads were slick they were driving like mad. One minute one would be driving 75, posted speed limit when conditions are favorable, only to come over a hill to find someone who decided to slow down. Many accidents, it reminds me of the lemmings who will follow each other off a cliff to death. They saw the last one do it but they do it anyway. Where has common sense gone? :scary:

P.s. I believe it is lemmings, but if I am wrong, you get the idea, and can tell me the name of the animal! :wink:
 
Great knee report!
About 10 years ago schools were cancelled here because the forecast called for very heavy rains. We're not in a flood-prone area at all, and like yours it is a huge school district. There wasn't a drop of rain. Blue skies. We dubbed it The Perfect Storm. Unfortunately, since then, the school board is much more hesitant to close schools and we've had to drive in in near-blizzard conditions a few times. They might cancel buses, though, meaning it's 'just' teachers and a handful of kids. :headbang:
 
When I was teaching, we had the same thing happen. Snow was called for, school was cancelled, and it was sunny!
 
Thanks Natalie!

Now, we need to get those scans and notes headed "across the pond" and we will hear the same fantastic news from you after recovery! :happydance:
 
Well, that's amazing! You go, girl!


But as for this .....
A friend's spouse has C-diff and the infectious disease specialist said that a stool transplant might need to be done to restore the good flora!
:eeeuw:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
No need to repay a friend Natalie! That's why we are here; to help each other, support each other and encourage each other!:happydance:
 
Hello Everyone,

I have a knee report that is very strange and I want to know if anyone else has ever had this happen, or heard of it! Last night I climbed into bed. We have a tall bed so I have learned that if I put the top half of my body on the bed, and grab the headboard while lying face down I can make it just fine. Well last night I got in bed but when I turned over, my right leg stayed face down! :umm: It looked like I was one of those puppets that you can just twist the leg to the back. My husband got out of bed went over to my side and said it was the most bizarre thing he had ever seen. As long as it was foot down, it wasn't painful, but oh my goodness, when I asked him to slowly take my foot and start turning it into proper position. We both heard a loud "pop" and then he had to adjust my kneecap. Orthodoc, Josephine, Jamie and anyone else who might know why this occurred. I hope it doesn't happen again! Very unpleasant! :groan:
 
I'm sorry Sonja, but that can't be good! The closest thing I've had happen was before surgery, turning to walk away, the top part of the knee turned and the bottom part didn't, or so it felt and sounded. The knee took several days to tighten up and move together properly. One thing for sure, you need to find a better way to get into bed. Time to get a stable step stool. I have a Dora one here you could use...
 
Janet, ummmm... Well he he he :whistle:

I have a very stable footstool with a handle no less right by the bed! But ummmmm.... I have decided that my air conditioner/heater needed to be high enough so that I could feel it at night so..... It has taken up residence on the footstool! :thud:
 
Send hubby scouting around in the basement or garage for a new perch for the air conditioner. You really need to keep your leg attached!
 
Holy **** Sonja, that doesn't sound good. I know you said your knee is different then most being a hinged one, but really don't think it is suppose to do that. I hope it is nothing, you deserve to be normal for a change.
 
Sonja,
Sounds like you have turned into Rubber Woman:scratch: . How about lowering that bed with 5 inch box spring???
Hopefully all is well, just do not do that again!
 
The closest thing i have done to that was when i was 12, and my left knee patella completely dislocated and the bottom half of my leg was facing one way, and top the other way, i looked like you described, like a puppet. It was quite disturbing to look at. This happened at school, so they had ambulance take me to er, where after it had been totally dislocated for about 3 hours, the rough er doc lied and said he will pop it back in place, and it wouldn't hurt, it hurt like hell. My reg doctor after looking at mri said i had torn everything in my knee, the ligaments tendons, it was a complete mess. i had to have pt for 6 months and it took all those 6 months to be able to walk again without crutches and a immobilizer that was kept on my leg to prevent anymore damage while it healed.
Since then both of my knees have been prone to the patellas completely dislocating at any given time, but over time i just learned how to pop them back in place myself, which has saved me from more additional damage to the knees, as the patella being out only a few seconds to minutes is preferable to being out for hours.
I have since had the lateral release done on both knees, and knock on wood, they have not come loose since then.
 
Sonja, I have no clue whatsoever, but strongly suggest that you contact your surgeon and advise him of what happened. I'm going to tag Jo so that she can comment. Josephine
 
Holy mess Sonja, that doesn't sound good. I know you said your knee is different then most being a hinged one, but really don't think it is suppose to do that. I hope it is nothing, you deserve to be normal for a change.
Normal! Me! :rotfl:

Debbie,

I laughed even though you were serious! After all that has happened I feel extraordinarily fortunate, that the darned leg was willing to let Pat turn it back into the correct position! I can just imagine, Hello Dr. Maale, I seem to have a bit of a problem. My legs don't know if I am coming or going! :rotfl: It would not be as much fun to go into his office with the leg turned backwards, because he might get a little excited! :happydance: :whistle:
 
Back
Top Bottom