Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ok Nat, we will get you well and you can be a member of the "Bone Crushers" also! Wow do I love the team I am assembling! BJ, I am sticking you on it also, and Rose if you don't want to skate then maybe you could design the uniforms! By the way, I will need an extemely colorful one for my ski jump! It will wow the paramedics, and they will stick around longer! :rotfl:
 
Sonja,
I loved to roller skate in the days. But I also would be glad to make our uniforms, lets see Blue and silver for Sonja, black and gold for BJ, mine will be brown and orange. Other teammates must write and tell me what their colors should be. Easy to make teeny tiny shorts and sleeveless t-shirts. We could use all that bubble wrap for our pads, the colored stuff to match our uniforms with accent color of duct tape to hild them on. What do you think???
 
Roller Derby! Now there is something that I have never tried. Now if my doc would only change his mind and tell me that my knee is good and stop telling me to "Do Nothing!" I could go out and do all of these wonderful things...

Um Rose...:scratch: isn't a team supposed to wear the same color so that everyone knows that we are on the same team??? I mean of course I love my black and gold and would not wear blue and silver (even for Sonja) and you wouldn't catch me in brown and orange ever... but surely there are other colors that we could agree upon
 
Roller Derby! Now there is something that I have never tried. Now if my doc would only change his mind and tell me that my knee is good and stop telling me to "Do Nothing!" I could go out and do all of these wonderful things...

Um Rose...:scratch: isn't a team supposed to wear the same color so that everyone knows that we are on the same team??? I mean of course I love my black and gold and would not wear blue and silver (even for Sonja) and you wouldn't catch me in brown and orange ever... but surely there are other colors that we could agree upon
Whoa there BJ!
This is my team I am putting together, and Rose you are welcome to join in the rollerblading! BJ, "doctor"? Do you think I asked Dr. Maale at my last visit (as he was admiring his handiwork) :wink: If I COULD create a roller derby team, or go flying off the ski jump doing my magnificent triple twist and double somersault?

No, no, I did not ask for permission, I have found it is much better to ask for forgiveness! :angel: :SUNsmile: :happydance:

As for the colors since our name is "The Bonecrushers". I thought you could make our little suits, (add a lot of material to my little suit please as I hate wedgies,) :rotfl: , and have them in black with the skeleton on the outside! As for our helmets, design the skull but have fire flaming from the ears to make us scary!
 
I must be using all my brain power on these ideas, because I can't seem to get the motivation to write our big thesis paper this week! :rotfl:
 
Great ideas ladies. Keep them coming then captain Sonja can decide which one we want to go with.
Maybe we could all have our new knee xrays imprinted on our shirts?
 
Rose, I would have so many x-rays, that I wouldn't be able to use a sleeveless shirt! You would need the sleeves for the x-rays, and then I wouldn't be able to show off my muscles to all of the cute guys! You know the number one fan of roller derby girl's is men don't you? :happydance: :wink:
 
I do like idea of you flinging me forward, because that will help with my sub-par skating skills. Good team name. But it's the whole concept that's still a bit iffy. You know how when little kids go bowling, they put soft bumpers in the gutters? Maybe we can work on something like that. :)
 
I do like idea of you flinging me forward, because that will help with my sub-par skating skills. Good team name. But it's the whole concept that's still a bit iffy. You know how when little kids go bowling, they put soft bumpers in the gutters? Maybe we can work on something like that. :)
Soft bumpers! Now that is a great idea! :happydance: We will definitely incorporate that into our specialized rink! :happydance: Keep thinking girls! We have a team to put on the floor! :wink:

Debbie and Jacky, both of you seem like adventurous types! I am nominating you to the team! Anyone else who would like to join let me know! We are going to be "da bomb" :rotfl: :happydance:

By the way, the ski jump is also open for you talented BoneSmarties! You can make up a routine as you are flying through the air if you forgot to think of one before launch! :happydance:
 
I would be great on the ski team. I have "caught air" on more than one occasion. Sometimes I do it on purpose!
Roller Derby, been there done that. Nasty. I think that my roller skates are somewhere in my garage.
I had a pair of Rollerblades but I had to evict a family of mice that nested in one of them. I also have a UNICYCLE in the garage. We just sold the TIGHTROPE on Craig's List. Yes, I went to circus camp with my kids for a few summers.
Bonecrushers. I do like the name of the team though!
 
Sandy, since you have been there and done that, it's like getting back on a bicycle! The adrenaline will start pulsing through your veins, and when we propel Judy forward it will be so much fun! We can be the blockers, as we have propelled her so far ahead NO one will be able to catch her! :happydance:

Have you decided what acrobatic moves you are going to do on the ski jump, or will you "let your momentum" decide that for you? :heehee:
 
Wow Sonja what a plan! Listen, just wonder'n, will the Chippendales be there too?:shrug: A little motivation wouldn't hurt!
 
Sonja,
In your case you will have to pick the x-ray you like the best. Only so much room on the shirt. and for you BiLat ladies we can put one on the front and one on the back. How about silver and red for our colors, titanium and blood.
 
I will pick the x-ray of my first knee, and then the x-ray of the latest revision! Dr. Maale will be so proud! I love the color scheme also! Way to go Rose! :happydance:
 
Ok, so you know how I say it never rains and it is always hot! Well to paraphrase George Straight a little:

Write this down, take a little note, put in a picture frame leave on my door where I'll see it for sure, tell myself "it's raining and you all want me to know, so write this down!

That way if I complain about no rain you can refer to this post, it is actually in the 60's and I saw some people with jackets! :rotfl: I don't usually hit the jacket phase unless it gets under 40, but I still have some insulation left to get rid of! :wink:

Katie told me I must have eaten well on my trip to Dallas! Well, she was correct. I must get back to eating correctly! Problem is since food is finally staying with me, I like everything, and have a ravenous appetite! I ate 2 bagels for breakfast, the 110 variety. Then a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and blueberry yogurt. Now I am thinking about dinner!
 
I too used to rollerskate quite abit when i was able to, and really miss it. i do hope in the future i will be able to enjoy this again.
Sheryl, would you like to be part of our roller derby team? We will have a blast, even if it is just on paper!
 
Sonja, glad your tummy is feeling better. Yes I have been eating too many carbs too, need more protein in my diet. I remember once when we took the kids to TX and when we left Wisconsin it was way below zero and I think it was around 40 when we were in TX for a stop for gas and get something to eat. The kids all got out of the car with no coats on and the people thought we were all nuts. One guy asked if we were from Alaska...LOL
 
Sonja, I hope you are feeling better pronto!
A friend's spouse has C-diff and the infectious disease specialist said that a stool transplant might need to be done to restore the good flora!
 
Sonja, I hope you are feeling better pronto!
A friend's spouse has C-diff and the infectious disease specialist said that a stool transplant might need to be done to restore the good flora!

Well Jancat,

I read about that and my tummy got better at a tremendous rate! :heehee:

Actually, the switch to Bactrim, Flagyl, probiotics, and yogurt is really working! I have felt better than I had in a long time! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom