Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hi Sonja, i am just getting over a course of macrobid to to a staph infection in my bladder. i have severe Interstitial cystitis, and usually my cultures always come back negative for any kind of infection, as it its very common to have blood in your urine with IC. but this time it came back called MSR staph infection. i believe it similar to MRSA, just with not the Aureus part of it. I am so hoping that the macrobid has done its job for me. i am glad you have found a combo of antis that doesn't make you feel to sick. healing thoughts are with you.
So you are "just" a MRS instead of a MRSA? Well maybe having a letter knocked off is a good thing! I am a MRS too, but that relates to marriage! LOL. I don't want anymore M letters popping up that are health related and I will be so glad when the C-Diff is completely gone, so then I will say no more to c letter words either! :heehee:
 
Sonja,
I see signs of the old Sonja coming back in your posts (really good to see). Hopes things are still looking up and getting better every day. Please be careful and rest with that Capsie acting up.
 
Yes, the "Old" Sonja is starting to venture out again! She loves the view, and she is happier than she has been in a long time.

The only problem is the "Old" Sonja forgets that there is anything wrong with her kneecap, and then "whammo" Capsie jumps back into the picture! :whistle:
 
Well I wouldn't say Old Sonja because you aren't anywhere near old in my opinion so I'll just off that the real Sonja is popping in again! Yay!
:happydance:
 
Well thank you KayeKaye! I certainly knew what Rose meant by the old Sonja though. The spunky mischievous, looking in every corner to see what she can get into next!

My hubby noticed that the kitchen counter was flooded and he had to get down on his hands and knees! Ouch! He has a plastic kneecap from an auto accident many years ago! It seems my dear BIL Ronnie has removed the shutoff valves under our sink! The colorful language made me blush! :heehee: I have a feeling that Ronnie had better not visit for awhile! :rotfl:
 
Well now I was just telling Justme, that I'm sure someone will be happy to take pictures at our winter retreat, as I go sailing off the ramp, do a triple flip and double twist in mid air! :happydance:
 
Glad you're feeling better.
Today I told a friend I'd like to learn to skate. I just wasn't thinking, but I know my friend was thinking I'm an idiot!
 
Glad you're feeling better.
Today I told a friend I'd like to learn to skate. I just wasn't thinking, but I know my friend was thinking I'm an idiot!
Well Judy, I can teach you and you can join my roller derby team! :happydance:
 
OMG! A roller Derby! What fun! I did that back in my 20's (even though even by then, I knew I had a bad right knee) When you are 20, you are INVINCIBLE.
I just realized we had our initial knees done one week apart! We have both had such a....ahem, interesting recoveries since those fateful days!
I am glad that you are feeling better. I am still prone to pity parties, but overall feel very lucky to have the life I have.
You are like that too, my friend.
Sandy
 
I too used to rollerskate quite abit when i was able to, and really miss it. i do hope in the future i will be able to enjoy this again.
 
Well lets's see! Sandy and and you and we may have to persuade Judy a little :heehee: , and me! Hey, I think our team is shaping up nicely! I was thinking of the name "The Bone Crushers!" :happydance:
 
OMG! A roller Derby! What fun! I did that back in my 20's (even though even by then, I knew I had a bad right knee) When you are 20, you are INVINCIBLE.
I just realized we had our initial knees done one week apart! We have both had such a....ahem, interesting recoveries since those fateful days!
I am glad that you are feeling better. I am still prone to pity parties, but overall feel very lucky to have the life I have.
You are like that too, my friend.
Sandy

The first knee has been a pretty good soldier! It complains when I depend on it too much, and the kneecap slid up the leg one time. After Katie got that sucker strengthened, it has been great! Now, if it could have a talk with "Capsie" on the right knee, all would be well and I would be set to roller derby and do my ski jump! :happydance:
 
Well, I meant ice skating, but I guess your plan would be an interesting route to go. Or not.
Judy,

Where is your sense of adventure! Just imagine zipping around the rink as we pull you and "rocket" you forward! Now that is what I call fun! :happydance:
 
I slept so much yesterday, taking a loooooong nap, and then I slept in this morning! I am feeling about 90% of back to normal, so I will be so excited when I hit a 100% so I can REALLY start planning! :happydance:

Through everything, I am still keeping a 95% avg. in class, so I guess I can't complain too much! :happydance:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom