Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Oh Sonja, I am so sorry to hear your doc passed away. You had no idea he was even sick, or had cancer? I would think that the hospital/clinic would have contacted you, seeing you are a patient of his. So sad. What did the PA say about your fall?
 
Debbie, it was my infection specialist that passed away. Dr. Maale my OS is still alive and well. He was a personal friend of Dr. Rueben's, so it has been hard on him. The last time I was at the IS's office they said he was on medical leave, but could not tell me anything. They expected him to come back within the next 2 weeks, and he took a sudden turn for the worst, and passed away. It shocked everyone, and they have just started sending notifications to all of his patients.

As to the fall, Dr. Maale just shook his head. He knows me by now.
 
Oh I'm so sorry Sonja, how sad. My friend died last year from the same thing leaving his new wife. He was so brilliant. It's just not fair sometimes is it?

But great news from Dr. Maale I'm so glad for the improvements.
 
Well I got the news today. The reason I have been having tummy problems is I have C-Diff. Yippee! Just another thing to deal with. They put me on Flagyl? Sp as I am allergic to Vancomycin. I must be one of the luckiest people in the world! If I haven't heard of it, it comes to visit so I will get to know what it's like. LOL :sick:
 
:sorry:C Diff, is no fun. Hoping the Flagyl clears it up for you, and you are feeling better soon.
C Diff likes to visit people who have been on antibiotics, it finds a nice comfortable place in your gut and makes itself at home.
 
Yes, I have been reading about the beastie bug! I have been on antibotics for so long, and this critter decided to join the party! Well, between the Flagyl, the probiotics, and the yogurt, it doesn't stand a chance! I have been wondering why I have felt so bad and been so tired for several weeks now. Now that I have answers, it is time to attack the beast within! (right after my nap!) :happydance:

They reminded me that I will be on antibotics for the rest of my life, so I guess I will also take probiotics for the rest of my life!
 
You give me so much hope to make it through my problems.....You are so strong. I wish I had the faith that you have.

You have the faith. Just dig down deep inside and find that resolve that led you to wanting a knee replacement in the first place! I will keep praying for you! Take care of yourself, and know that you have an entire nation of BoneSmarties supporting you! Who could ask for more?

God leads me through the tough times to bring me to glory on the other side! :happydance:
 
I don't even know what that is Sonja, must be heck to have it on top of everything else you have going on.
 
Yeaaaaa Sonja for now you know what you're battling, Booooooo, for that beastie bug mess'n with you!
You bring to life the old saying "Seek and ye shall find" well you found that little darn!:yes!: Now can you please settle down and stop finding stuff!
How is your body feeling after that nasty fall?
 
Yes Debbie it is. Google C-Diff and you will know what I am facing. The PA that is seeing patient's until they get a replacement for Dr. Rueben, asked all the right questions, because I would not have thought I had it in a million years.
 
Yeaaaaa Sonja for now you know what you're battling, Booooooo, for that beastie bug mess'n with you!
You bring to life the old saying "Seek and ye shall find" well you found that little darn!:yes!: Now can you please settle down and stop finding stuff!
How is your body feeling after that nasty fall?

I am very sore and extremely tired. I have a hairline fracture of the kneecap thanks to the fall, but Dr. Maale said he was not doing surgery! :happydance:

He said to continue strengthening the inside of the right knee and come back in two months!
 
Yes, I have been reading about the beastie bug! I have been on antibotics for so long, and this critter decided to join the party! Well, between the Flagyl, the probiotics, and the yogurt, it doesn't stand a chance! I have been wondering why I have felt so bad and been so tired for several weeks now. Now that I have answers, it is time to attack the beast within! (right after my nap!) :happydance:

They reminded me that I will be on antibotics for the rest of my life, so I guess I will also take probiotics for the rest of my life!

Sonja, make sure you swithc to a different probiotic every month, that has different strains of bacilli. It is enough to alternate between 2 different probiotics that have a different set of bacilli. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else. I'm thinking of you!
 
Oh Sonja, NO! That cannot be. You poor, poor lassie. Whatever next! I'm getting out my prayer mat for you!
 
So sad, Sonia. What a shame.
Have you managed to stay upright and in one piece?
Kudos on the ROM and you know the strength will come with (a lot of) time.
xx
Sandy
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom