Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Katie was noticing the wear pattern on my shoes today and asked me how long I had been wearing them. I told her a little over four months, and she said with the way that I have been walking I will need new shoes! Yeah! More shoe shopping! :happydance:
 
Vicki,

How are you doing?! I don't know why I am griping when you are going through so much! Have they taken the cable out yet?
 
Hi Sonja;
I am also dealing with almost daily constant nausea. No vomiting, just queasy (I am NOT pregnant...could you just imagine!!!)
I also do the ginger ale, and I am using compazine because Zofran didn't do the trick. Go figure.
I still cannot drive, but I'd give your BIL a spanking.
Best,
Sandy
 
Hello Everyone!

My ROM was measured today and even with the bad kneecap it was 115 extension 0! :happydance:

My knee cap still is not stable on its own but I am making progress! :yahoo:
 
Sonja I am so sorry you are still so pukey. If it gives you any comfort, you are not alone. I am weaning off my pain meds cause they are just tearing my gut up. I take Zofran 4 & 8 mg, or Phenergan. Phenergan will make you quite drowsy so be careful with that one. I have a feeling as long as you are on the antibiotics your poor tummy is going to be unhappy. Some of us just don't do well with the antibiotics, me included (but I do have Crohns too).

Have you drank any herbal teas? I found a combo of Chamomile and Yierba Buena (mint) teas and drink a cup of that and sometimes that helps to settle my stomach. My husband is Mexican and his sister was the one who first made it for me, and I was surprised how much it helps. Just use a tea bag of each in a cup. I add a bit of sweetner to it. Just a thought!

And hope you feel better soon. Gentle hugs!
 
I haven't tried the tea idea. I guess that will be next on my list. The IS said because of 8 former bouts of MRSA they can't afford to take me off of antibotics completely! :gaah: I hate to think of the rest of my life on them, but then again, maybe they will find one that is compatible with my system. I remember my bouts of MRSA too, and I NEVER want to feel like that again either! So, we will figure out a compromise. There has to be something that will work without tearing me up! :)
 
Good luck tomorrow Sonja!:thumb: I hope you get some good answers for all your questions.
Congrats on your ROM measurements!:friends: I hope you feel better soon my friend!:console2:
 
Thanks Jacky! I won't see the doc until Thursday but I am ready to find out what can be done. :happydance:
 
Yes, congrats on your ROM.

Dear Lord, bless Sonja and the doctors Thursday, may they find the things that they need to, may they be able to come up with effective treatments. Lord, bless our dear friend Sonja and grant her your peace that passes all understanding, and bring your healing to her. Amen!
:angel:
 
Looks like I am going to have to third. Hang in Sonja I just feel like you will get some good answers on Thursday, these DR. have never let you down and I am sure they won't this time. Know thoughts and prayers are going your way for goods visits. We all love you and we care.
 
Thank you everyone! I'm going to put it in God's hands and not worry (well too much anyway)! God. Has always taken care of me, why should I think He would let me down now? :happydance:
 
I have been on a low carb diet for a while now to lose weight. My weight loss has stalled, and I just want to scream!
:gaah:

a bit off topic:
I have stalled on my Low Carb diet as well. I have a couple others I meet with once a month and they have stalled as well after losing over 100 pounds, me 56. They are exploring hormonal links and thyroid. I am just frustrated as well. I do think it's totally different for women on low carb than men, but in general men have a much easier time losing weight than we do. My hubby can do partial low carb and ditch 20 pounds without batting an eye. No fair! I really do like the low carb diet and probably won't go back to any of my "healthy whole grain" diets but need to mix it up a bit somehow...
:shrug:
 
Hello Everyone!

I am in Dallas, I fell this morning in the bathroom at our house. My hubby was o nice, and tried to help me up, but my feet kept sliding. (By the way for anyone who is thinking about kneeling on concrete after replacements, I wouldn't recommend it! :heehee: ). Anyway I finally scooted over to the carpet in the closet, my hubby held the shower chair steady, and I used my left leg and rarms to pull myself up. I am sore all over. My tailbone, and right knee got the worst of the deal, so I just took a pain pill after driving through Dallas traffic!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Oooooooooooooh! Sonja! What do you do about a girl called Sonja? Just can't stay out of trouble no matter how hard she tries. I hurt just thinking about that fall. Sure hope all will be well and you won't be too sore and achy. Your halo just keeps slipping
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
and causing you problems, doesn't it? Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom