Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja, what are we going to do with you. Wrap you in bubble wrap for sure. I am so sorry you took a tumble. Were you using a cane? I can't remember if you are still using walking aides or not, if you weren't, you better start again.
 
Well Debbie, I am supposed to be using my crutches. I had just finished getting dressed from my shower though. My hubby said "do we need to call the ambulance and fire department to help you up?" As I was envisioning the hunks from the fire dept. :whistle: I also thought about the darned news media! They would send a crew to cover the story because they had "nothing better to do!" Being a teacher for as long as I was would make everyone call me and tell me they saw me on the floor being "hoisted" up! This gave me the adrelanine to get up myself. :)

I am so sore! I can't imagine why that might be! My tailbone aches, my right knee is complaining, and to top it all off, I have a bad headache. I wonder if I rattled my brain? :heehee:
 
Sonja, you know when I still had to use crutches or my walker, I had that walker butted right up against my shower, so there were no steps to take without hanging on to something. You have to be more careful. Just like I got after my hubby, I found out through the grapevine. He told someone at the farm and the wife of one of the guys told me as she knew I would want to know. Anyway, Dave caught himself as he started to fall down our basement steps. At least he caught himself. So he said this neck thing has made him more careful now. Better double up on the pain pills for a few days.
 
Sonja,
I hope you are recovering from your Fall!!! Please please stay upright.
Do you have grab bars in your bathroom the therapist in me asks????
We have a Fire department near work, everyone comes out to see them when they come to help someone. Yes, they are very easy on the eyes.:heehee:
 
We are "fall buddies"!!! I fell in July and tore my rotator cuff (just had the MRI today). There must be more than one "Trouble", because he/she seems to be stalking me too!!!
Any good bruises???? I love bruises! They are like battle scars!!! If we don't laugh, we cry.
Try to stay out of your own way.
xx
Sandy
 
Oh Sonja..again ??? Really..what ARE we going to do with you ???? How's Capsie btw?
 
Randi, "Capsie" is very angry with me! "She" just thinks she is boss! I can't imagine her getting so upset today when I tried to get up my getting on both knees! What was she thinking! Swelling and popping right before I see Dr. Maale. I will tell him there is only one reasonable explanation! :whistle: It was "Capsie'" fault! :happydance:
 
Sonja,
I hope you are recovering from your Fall!!! Please please stay upright.
Do you have grab bars in your bathroom the therapist in me asks????
We have a Fire department near work, everyone comes out to see them when they come to help someone. Yes, they are very easy on the eyes.:heehee:

No I don't have any grab bars. That would be great to have except I was in the middle of the bathroom, with nothing around me. I don't think I could have reached grab bars, but I think I will talk to hubby about installing some. He did in the garage, where the step down is and that has helped me tremendously!
 
Hello Everyone!

I am in Dallas, I fell this morning in the bathroom at our house. My hubby was o nice, and tried to help me up, but my feet kept sliding. (By the way for anyone who is thinking about kneeling on concrete after replacements, I wouldn't recommend it! :heehee: ). Anyway I finally scooted over to the carpet in the closet, my hubby held the shower chair steady, and I used my left leg and rarms to pull myself up. I am sore all over. My tailbone, and right knee got the worst of the deal, so I just took a pain pill after driving through Dallas traffic!


Oh no huni do you want to borrow my bubble wrap??Hope you're ok xxxx
 
No I don't have any grab bars. That would be great to have except I was in the middle of the bathroom, with nothing around me. I don't think I could have reached grab bars, but I think I will talk to hubby about installing some. He did in the garage, where the step down is and that has helped me tremendously!


I purchased 2 grab bars from Lowes Hardware Store which just suction clamp to my shower stall. They will support a lot of weight and gives you something to grasp while standing up to wash yourself. Cheaper than installing permanent ones.
 
I'm working hard on her Michelin man tire suit since there really seems to be a need NOW. If she falls in that thing she will probably just bounce right back up.
 
I have two suction cup grab bars in my shower and they work, but don't depend on them to really pull yourself up, like from a bathtub. They are more for balance. I love them for when I shave my legs now, but when I first came home from the hospital and took my first showers, yes, I did hang on for balance. But I think Sonja needs to have that walker around her when she is in the middle of a room when there is nothing to grab on to. Please Sonja, we can't have you falling down like this.
 
Oh my goodness Sonja! You worry me from here to kingdom come! :yikes: Capsie is going to be angry at you for a very long time!
I hope all went well at your doctors today!

Stay safe and stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Well I have some good news and some sad news! I will start with the good news first! :)

Dr. Maale was very impressed with my ROM and extension, and told me that the muscle we are working on needs more strength but that I have made tremendous improvements! :happydance:

When I went to see my IS Dr. Rueben, was when I got the shock that I didn't want or expect! He passed away from Brain cancer 6 weeks ago! I saw a PA who I like and he changed my antibotics, and tested me for C-Diff. Dr. Rueben trained his PA's very well I must say. I will be switching to a new doctor but I am sad because Dr. Rueben was a great doctor as well as listener!

He left behind a wife and 5 young children.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom