Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ronnie is my BIL. He is my husband's brother. Ronnie called me a few minutes ago and he was confused. He thought I would already be in Mertzon. I told him, No Ronnie, the whole reason I am going is because I am going to take you remember?:headbang:
 
I hate to be the one to say this, but I must! I do not want to lose your friendship because I care about you and your recovery, however you must realize Ronnie is NOT your responsiblity! He is your husbands responsibility and as long as you let others use you, especially when you're down, they will! You are worth more than that! You matter and you should stand up for yourself!

Stay well my friend, you've had your fair share of pain! :friends:
 
Thanks Jacky! :friends:

You will never say anything that I won't take with the spirit with which it is intended! I am too soft when it comes to my relatives, and I have explained that this is my LAST trip for taking my BIL for this eye! If he plays around tomorrow, Pat or Ronnie can drive back... Because I won't! One of the reasons that I am willing at this point is I get to spend time with my Mom! I love her so much, and I don't see much of her anymore. We are planning on doing some shopping on Friday, when Ronnie will probably want to be dropped off at the sporting goods store. :happydance:
 
Take care and be safe. I will add my soprano voice to the choir:

"Sometimes we don't listen
To what we already know
Take time to hear me
'Cause you've got to be told

Oh, when you're traveling
Through the highs and the lows
Make sure you listen to your spirit
You gotta take care of your soul

Hold on, never give up
You can get through whatever
Always make time
For yourself, oooo

You gotta be good to yourself, yeah
Be good to yourself
You can't wait on nobody else
No one else"

"Be good to yourself"
by Ledisi
:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks KayeKaye!

My husband got home at 11:30 last night and he had been working in the area where Mom lives, so he invited her to come eat with them. She talked to him about Ronnie, and he said he didn't know that he was pulling some of the stuff he was. No, probably not, because when I tell him anything about his bro he forgets. Oh well. I have a wonderful friend that contacted me last night and she will be having her knee replaced on September 24th. I ask that everyone keep her in their prayers please! Her name is Pam. :angel:
 
I have returned from the trip w BIL! His vision after cataract surgery is 20/200! It was 20/400, and he is having difficultly seeing! I went and visited my friend Pam who is supposed to have a knee replacement. Please keep her in your prayers as she is making some difficult decisions right now!
 
I don't understand why your BIL's vision is so poor after cataract surgery. I am going to have to have this done within the next year and was told that I will no longer have to wear glasses for anything except reading. My sister just had this surgery and doesn't need glasses for anything.
 
I think it can take a few days to know about his vision. Everyone I know has done very will.
All the best for your friend,
 
Well, it has been a week. The doctor today looked at his retina and said that it is not shaped like most people's. He said that the cataract had been so thick that he missed the shape of it. He gave Ronnie some very strong steroid drops to put in his eye 4 times a day and he said that he thought it would pull everything into line. I told Ronnie "is there sommething you want to tell the dr. while I am sitting here? It is time for you to be honest!" He admitted that he hadn't been using the drops from before!:hissy:
 
Yep Jacky!

He is going back Sept 26th to have the other eye done. They are going to remove the cataract and do a lift on this eye's eyelid. It is drooping so far down he hasn't been able to see much anyway.

Pat will be taking him for surgery! :happydance:
 
Hello everyone!

Well on Wednesday I am heading to Dallas to see Dr. Maale and Dr. Rueben. I will be more excited to see the IS than the OS because even with the Zofran, and taking ginger root, drinking ginger ale and all the things that my hubby and I could find on the Internet, the vomiting has returned! :headbang: I am so tired of being sick and tired that I want to scream! :tantrum:
 
Oh Sonja, I am so sorry. You sure your not pregnant? I have no answers for you, but hope you get some help and soon.
 
I sending in some pinch screamers to help you out: [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3 They'll scream with you or for you--whatever you need. RELIEF is what you need, of course. I hope you get it sorted. I'm praying for a solution for you. Take care and keep us posted.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
No Debbie, I took a pregnancy test. So I can rule that out. Funny thing is my hubby keeps wondering the same thing! I told him no too though! :whistle:
 
Sonja, I hope all goes well for you on Wednesday and you get some relief from your tummy problems! :console2:

Stay well and stay positive my friend! :friends:
 
Do you have IBS or Chrones or something similar? It's so hard to diagnose, my daughter suffers from these symptoms and she is in her last year of college. We've been trying to figure this out since she was 12. I wish she would try a low carb diet instead of the high fiber prescribed, I've heard a lot about it helping tummy/bowel issues. Have you ever tried it? Praying for you.
 
KayeKaye, they tested me for both because they thought that might be the case. The tests came back negative. I thought maybe I had celiac disease, so they tested me for that! Nope. I am just losing my mind now. I stay tired all of the time, and I am battling to get through this semester. I don't feel well, and I just have not had the same zest for this class. But as they say, an A is still an A no matter how I look at it, so I will be thankful! :angel:

I have been on a low carb diet for a while now to lose weight. My weight loss has stalled, and I just want to scream! :gaah:

Thanks for the suggestions though. I hope your daughter feels better soon.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom