Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Oh we're fancy up here in Canada ! I get a choice of black, blue, red or beige!

And -oh happy days ! - my hip is really liking this new strategy -yay !

Well, I can have other colors if I don't go to Walgreens and pay 6.99 :)
 
My health insurance has paid for most of my PT for 2 years. I guess I can pay for a roll of tape once in a while! :heehee:
 
Hello Everyone!

Update..... The muscle on the inside of the knee is getting stronger! I am able to do squats, leg press, and lots more, with the brace. The kneecap isn't trying to slip out as often as it used to, so I know I am getting stronger! :happydance:
 
That's wonderful news, Sonja!!! Now just keep working SLOWLY to more improvement. No moving furniture, building a firepit, or other "little" activities for a while yet! :heehee:
 
That's wonderful news, Sonja!!! Now just keep working SLOWLY to more improvement. No moving furniture, building a firepit, or other "little" activities for a while yet! :heehee:
Who me??? Surely you jest!! Don't worry about me building a firepit; TX is still too danged hot for that! :wink: As for the rest of the activities I will try to be very good! :whistle: :happydance:
 
Trying is NOT an option for YOU! You just HAVE to DO IT! So before you rush pell mell into something you just think you have to do---take a moment to reflect on what thats gotten you in the past. That should stop you dead in your tracks. You know we're just trying to look out for you since you won't look out for yourself. Glad things are looking up again.
 
Judy,

Of course I know you are right! I was just kidding with Jamie! :heehee: Actually, I am being a lot better than I was, and that has helped "Capsie" tremendously! Now, if my BIL would stop his playing around, and telling the doctor he could only see the two big E's on the chart after cataract surgery, I would be happy. He was supposed to be released until three weeks from last eye surgery, but now, I GET to take him back to San Angelo because he won't be honest with the doctor. He was pulling yhe glasses away from his face so he could read the sports section the morning he supposedly couldn't see! :gaah: I know he wants attention, but aim taking a class, and PT and the drive is hard on me! My husband said I would have to take my BIL because HE had too much work to do!!!!!!!! What about me? School is work, PT is work!!!!!!
 
Hey Sonja, you are doing great now don't muck it up by over extending yourself. What would your BIL do if you weren't around or were unavailable?, he'd have to find another way, right?, so tell him you are unavailable. You need to put yourself first for a change or you'll be battling with your recovery for a much longer time! Remember what you said about enjoying your life and traveling with hubby and how much longer it's taking then you thought, remember? Well it will take much longer yet unless you start putting you and your recovery first as your priority! This may sound like I'm scolding you, wait a minute what was that I heard you say?, yes, you're right I am scolding you, but that's because I care about you and your well being as many of us do here at the "BoneSmart Caring Station"!

Now, that being said, put on your thinking cap and figure out a way to put yourself first on your priority list and follow it through!

Yours sincerely, your BoneSmartie sista and friend. :friends:
 
Hi Sista!

Thanks and I do realize that you scold me out of caring! Ronnie, my BIL, is not like you and me. He was sheltered for 52 years until his Dad died last March, and is is socially inept. He would be a wonderful canididate for the show, Hoarders, Buried Alive. I feel sorry for him because he hasn't learned social skills, and he is very depressed. He had open heart surgery 4 bypass last August, is supposed to wear a cpap, and is supposed to exercise. When I got after him the other day and told him he was killing himself, he just quit talking. I don't know what to do for him anymore. I just do the best I can and go on. Thanks for caring. Ronnie needs me to care about him too! :angel:

P.s. yes I know Ronnie wants attention, and going back to the doctor is one way. I am going in with him this time. Mom went last time and Dr. Goldman said that he would have Ronnie in every WEEK until he could see! Well, his SIL will help him report the miracle recovery he is making. No more two E's at the top of the chart or I will kill Ronnie. :gaah: After all I can only be sweet for so long!
 
You keep him honest!!! But you cannot keep driving him back and forth just because he wants attention. Now get your backbone out and use it!!! You is important!!!!!
 
Now BJ said it all much better than I could have! You go girl! :thumb: I would have blown up at you, because you missed the whole point! YOU and your recovery are at the top of the priority list! NOT your BIL OR ANYONE ELSE! Next on the priority list is your husband! And then if you have energy left it's your studies! Yes I know you are a very caring person and he NEEDS YOU! Well wait a minute, you need you and so does your hubby and your mom, but if you don't care about you first you won't be able to help anyone!

Please take heed, those who help themselves........you know the rest! :friends: :friends:
 
Yes Jacky, That is exactly it. It is like on the airplane. If we do not put our own oxygen mask on first and take care of ourselves we will pass out and then not be any good to anyone. So we must first take care of ourselves otherwise there will be nothing left for anyone else. This is not selfish, it is a very important priority!!!
 
I understand completely! My BIL called a few minutes ago and when I explained that i needed to go tomorrow night instead of round tripping it, he said, "isn't Pat taking me?" I told him no that Pat has to work, and he got upset and said he would just cancel the whole appointment then! Blasted BIL! He throws these temper fits and I know when Pat gets home, he will call him if Ronnie hasn't reached him yet, and tell him he's not going because I don't want to take him! What??? I never said that, but Ronnie comes up with all sorts of crud to make life interesting around here!

Yes, I is IMPORTANT!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom