Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja,
You are so strong and so blessed. When the time comes the Lord will let you know the right thing to do, and you know you will listen. You deserve your moments of frustration after all you are only human. We are always here for you and we care so much, in one way or another this to shall pass.
 
Sonja - I am a great believer in the power of sleep :sleep: --get some at (almost!) any price..it really does make a huge difference.

As for Capsie, I just don't know what we're going to do with her...have to look in the Club's rulebook to see what measures we can take to get her back to behaving. In the meantime, why not try the taping again? Today at my new super-physio (???) I got taped for my hip bursitis -I now have a double blue line from my hip to my knee...just imagine the looks I'll get at the pool !:egypdance:
 
Sonja, I am thinking positive thoughts for you and hope that soon things start to go in a good direction for you. What a strong women you are having to deal with so many problems. You are blessed with having a great attitude and not giving in. Keep up the good spirit. And I like your ideas :

Here's where I thought I would be at this point
1. Finished with PT and living my life without problems
2. Going on trips with my hubby and enjoying life.
3. Giving inspirational speeches to people all over the world.

The world can use more people like you!
 
Oh Sonja, I don't know what to say, so I am just giving you a big hug and hoping things get better.

Well Debbie, God has a funny way of reminding how blessed I am! I carried in my rolling suitcases today and then started rolling them into the bedroom! Well, I "figured" I could take the bag of pillows that I had taken to Mom's and stack it on top.". I am sure with me on crutches by now you are getting a pretty good idea of what happens next! :groan: I get to the bedroom, and "decide" to heave the pillows in the big sack onto the bed! Only one small problem..... The bag strings are stuck under my crutch! Feel my "bad" knee start to buckle, when all of the sudden it stops! It's like it's on a swivel. The weirdest feeling. Then I remember Dr. Maale's invention that has metal pegs that only let the knee "swivel" so far before grabbing and bringing it back! Thank God for Dr. Maale. A regular revision and I would have torn all of the ligaments in the knee! :happydance: So let me finish my story. Tomorrow will be four months and I have so much to be thankful for. I am a hardheaded girl, with a hardheaded doctor that knows me and waited to do the revision until he had perfected this knee! :angel:

One more thing that did help was I had just got back from PT and had not taken off the brace! God looks after me even when I do silly things!
 
Randi, I have black Kinesotape so I will be less fashionable but still happy!
 
Sonja- SO sorry to hear about this setback!
Is the swelling going down? Is the patella back on track? Did you call Dr. M about it?
I am taking it one day at a time now- and I keep reminding myself that I would have needed a wheelchair very soon if I hadn't had the TKA- infection or not. Yes- lots of people are worse off than we are, you are right!
Hang in there- and a bunch of ((((HUGS))))) for you!
 
Jan, the swelling went down until I drove today. I didn't bother getting out, as I decided I wanted to get home! My BIL has to go back next Friday, but thank God, he can see now, so I don't have to take him! I did not sleep last night as tummy problems plagued me horribly and so I must confess I am not myself right now! I am o tired, and I have a classmate that thinks we should spend the evening working on the paper! :yikes: Not!!! I finished my part, it is HER turn. Thanks for being here Jan! It means a lot! :friends:
 
I'm sure you have seen this pie chart of working on a group project. My daughter just went through this and had to steer the whole project just to get it done. Hang in there. I'm so sorry these bumps in the road keep popping up for you. Saying a prayer for you.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
I'm sure you have seen this pie chart of working on a group project. My daughter just went through this and had to steer the whole project just to get it done. Hang in there. I'm so sorry these bumps in the road keep popping up for you. Saying a prayer for you.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
I would have to say that I am fortunate in most cases! One of my teammates is excellent, the other is out for #1, which will end up costing her big time! I talked to my facilitator, and my student advisor. They are both going to take care of the problem on this group assignment, and they will be watching our team and this particular person's interactions with us and if she is working or "doing her own thing.". I am happy with the result though, because her stubborn refusal will NOT effect Stephanie or my grade. Reporting problems at the Master's level is imperative, because they will hold the "slacker" in the group accountable most of the time! :happydance:
 
Jan, the swelling went down until I drove today. I didn't bother getting out, as I decided I wanted to get home! My BIL has to go back next Friday, but thank God, he can see now, so I don't have to take him! I did not sleep last night as tummy problems plagued me horribly and so I must confess I am not myself right now! I am o tired, and I have a classmate that thinks we should spend the evening working on the paper! :yikes: Not!!! I finished my part, it is HER turn. Thanks for being here Jan! It means a lot! :friends:

Oh, yes Dr. Maale was contacted, I see him on the 20th of September, as he ordered the lymph edema massages to be increased so it would get the swelling out. He wants a clear view of what is going on, is it just needing more strengthening, or does he need to go back and tack the muscle down? Please Lord, let me gain strength in this leg and the stability in the kneecap without surgery! :angel:
 
Tomorrow is the four month mark!

Hmmmmmm.......

Here's where I thought I would be at this point
1. Finished with PT and living my life without problems
2. Going on trips with my hubby and enjoying life.
3. Giving inspirational speeches to people all over the world.

Here is reality:
1. Beating up a 4 wheel suit case at Mom's last night with my crutches while wearing my brace. I played field hockey positioning it down the hall.:happydance:
2. Having a kneecap that pops out and gives me grief for the sheer fun of it!:gaah:
3. Wanting to fly to Florida to take out frustrations on my graduate classmate that is driving me insane!:headbang:

Life has changed, and yes, I am still glad I have two new knees, but this kneecap has not been good to me. I don't know if I can strengthen it enough in PT or not. I don't want any more surgery as several others will understand. Crying frustration, you name it. That has defined me the past week and I am not usually like that! Well, I guess sometimes things happen for a reason, but I am so tired and overwhelmed anymore that I am trying to figure out why I am so "blessed!"

Gosh was I tired when I wrote this! :groan: :heehee:
 
I'm new on here, but I just feel so bad for all you have gone through. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you get better SOON!
 
Today is 4 months! :happydance:

Went to PT and they could not find ANY problem from the tripping incident yesterday! That revision swivel is 'da bomb' LOL :happydance:
Seriously though, God is always watching out for me even when I am having pity parties. He loves me anyway, and I am truly blessed that He put Dr. Maale in my path! Life is going to Go on, the knee will continue to improve, and I will continue, being Me! :happydance:
 
I would have to say that I am fortunate in most cases! One of my teammates is excellent, the other is out for #1, which will end up costing her big time! I talked to my facilitator, and my student advisor. They are both going to take care of the problem on this group assignment, and they will be watching our team and this particular person's interactions with us and if she is working or "doing her own thing.". I am happy with the result though, because her stubborn refusal will NOT effect Stephanie or my grade. Reporting problems at the Master's level is imperative, because they will hold the "slacker" in the group accountable most of the time! :happydance:

That's great, I guess my daughter didn't have that prerogative at her point in the college of business, the project was used to see how they surmount problems other people present and still succeed.

Glad your knee didn't suffer from the tipping!
 
Randi, I have black Kinesotape so I will be less fashionable but still happy!
Oh we're fancy up here in Canada ! I get a choice of black, blue, red or beige!

And -oh happy days ! - my hip is really liking this new strategy -yay !
 
Back
Top Bottom