Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

oh Sonja, I feel so bad for you. I want all of us to be able to move forward and get to the good times. I always tell myself when I am hurting that there are other people with worse problems. I hope you get the relief you deserve....Hugs.....
 
Oh no, not what you need. Keep on top of it and don't let it get away from you. What are the options? Only therapy or new surgery? yikes. Praying for you.
 
Don't know options right now! Just frustrated! I feel like I get so far and I am moving right along, and then something like this blindsides me! :sick:
 
Well, I am heading off to drive for 2 and 1/2 hours. I am taking my B-II-L to my Mom's and we are spending the night. Tomorrow he will have a cataract removed off his left eye, he has gone blind in that eye, and 3 weeks later he will return to have a cataract removed from the other eye. He has about 10% of his vision left inthe right eye! :yikes: And to think he has been driving! I am taking my wedge pillows, my ice bags and pain pills, cause I am going to need them! :gaah:
 
You are a life saver, other drivers appreciate your driving and not your BIL. You may have pain after, but you and others will be safe! :angel:
 
Sonja, make sure you stop a couple times and stretch. You are a good SIL to do that for your BIL. Yikes on him still driving and they worry about us on narcotics and driving... Doc told me it was ok to drive on Tramadol, so holding him to it.
 
:happydance: :happydance: Well, we are here! I stopped two times to get out and stretch so I did ok. I have a lot of swelling from whatever happened yesterday, so now, I am icing and elevating!
 
Sonja, thinking about you and praying that you feel better! One of my favorite quotes I think applies to you! “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.” ― Mother Teresa
 
Vicki, thanks! I needed to hear that right now! I am feeling sorry for myself, and as Debbie said, there are people a lot worse off than me. I still feel bad, but thanks for caring! :friends:
 
When I visited my best friend's mom in Nova Scotia years ago, we'd overindulged in some Alexander Keith's IPA--which was WAY stronger than this li'l Yank raised on 3.6 was used to--followed by a party with some more grain & grape products. Long story short, it was my first experience with John Barleycorn wanting to bail out the way he went in. My friend's mom, an experienced nurse, plied me with some Gravol (Canadian Dramamine) and hot tincture of peppermint. I stopped erping up, and promptly slept nonstop for 16 hours! Learned my lesson! Wonder if Celestial Seasonings' "Grandma's Tummy Mint" tea might also do the trick, sans the Dramamine.

I also had patellar drift after my tibial plateau fx surgery. My PT taught me how to double-tape daily for it, laying down a foundation of paper-based tape for the far stickier adhesive cloth physio tape. It worked. You might want to ask about it.
 
Hi Sonja, hang in there. I know it's frustrating, the TKR polka, one step forward, two steps back. Just take it slow. I know your day is coming where your knee will be an afterthought. Until then, we are hear for you!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Thanks! We have done Kinesotape in the past, and I am going to see if they will start taping it again. I also found out that it is now available at Walgreen's, so I am going to pick up a roll to supplement my brace!

I will try the peppermint tea also! That sounds good, and I need relief! :)
 
Thanks Dawn! I was having a pity party yesterday, but after icing, elevating, and pain killers, I feel better! :happydance:
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better Sonja, are you still at your mom's? When will you be home? Can be so frustrating when you are in pain. I know I am dealing with my husband, but lug of a farmer that never complains about anything and he has this pinched nerve or something in his neck that is driving him crazy. Going for more therapy today and an MRI tomorrow. I am actually afraid to find out if there is something wrong in there. He is my rock, he can't be down for the count. Good thing I can drive now in case there is something that has to be done to him.
 
Debbie, I know about being a pain in the neck, oops Freudian slip, I mean having a pain in the neck! I have a ruptured disc at the c-5 level, but at this point am not considering surgery. I can hear the bones grind when I turn my head towards my left, so I just flip over if I want to talk to hubby, since I sleep on the right side of the bed! Oh, and in traffic, I just put up with it when looking for people in my blind spot! :whistle: My BIL can see again out of the eye they did surgery on this morning! :happydance: That will make this part of TX so much safer! :) I will drive back tomorrow, after Ronnie's checkup, and my hair appointment. I will finally be able to "see" again myself! My bangs have gotten so long I look like Cousin "It"! :rotfl:

I hadn't taken any pain killers for a while as far as my Norco's were involved. I took 1 last night, and I slept so well! The knee got some rest because I wasn't tossing and turning due to the pain! :yahoo:
 
Glad to hear the good news about your BIL and the safety of that part of TX. I also am happy about you getting a good nights sleep!:sleep:
I also have neck problems and went to see a OS who deals with spine and neck problems. When he came in the exam room I told him I just had my knees replaced and before I could go on he said, so now you want us to replace your neck?.:rotfl: A real joker he was, however I did ask him if he could do that! He just laughed! Ya know if they could only crop the neck at the shoulder and at the base of the head and just plop the head down on the sholders, I think I could live with that!:heehee:

Stay well my friend and a safe ride back home!:friends:
 
All of you dealing with neck pain I feel for you. I have had 3 cervical discectomies and fusions. Not the most fun things inthe world but when you heal it is wonderful. Mine got so bad I was losing the use of my arms and could not put it off. So now I have a bit of problem bending my neck certain ways, since it is all one piece. I am fused from C4 thru C7, with some trouble aobe the C4 level but we go ine step at a time. My OS would not do my knee until the neck was fixed.
 
Wow, I take a few weeks away and what?
I'm glad things have stabilized. I cracked up at the "this part of Texas is a little safer"
You crack me up.
Take your pain meds silly girl!
Best,
Sandy
 
Tomorrow is the four month mark!

Hmmmmmm.......

Here's where I thought I would be at this point
1. Finished with PT and living my life without problems
2. Going on trips with my hubby and enjoying life.
3. Giving inspirational speeches to people all over the world.

Here is reality:
1. Beating up a 4 wheel suit case at Mom's last night with my crutches while wearing my brace. I played field hockey positioning it down the hall.:happydance:
2. Having a kneecap that pops out and gives me grief for the sheer fun of it!:gaah:
3. Wanting to fly to Florida to take out frustrations on my graduate classmate that is driving me insane!:headbang:

Life has changed, and yes, I am still glad I have two new knees, but this kneecap has not been good to me. I don't know if I can strengthen it enough in PT or not. I don't want any more surgery as several others will understand. Crying frustration, you name it. That has defined me the past week and I am not usually like that! Well, I guess sometimes things happen for a reason, but I am so tired and overwhelmed anymore that I am trying to figure out why I am so "blessed!"

Gosh, I was so tired when I wrote this! I think sometimes someone ought to take the computer away from me until I can think straight! :heehee:
What I meant was I have been going through this ordeal with this Right knee for 2 years and 4 months now.
People think, 4 months and she was hoping to scratch 1-3 off her bucket list? :shocked:
 
Back
Top Bottom