Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Thanks Nanners for that information, its very helpful, i have been very nauseated latley, due to severe pain from my ic(interstial cystitis). In my case the higher the pain level the more nauseated i get.
Sonja, I am glad you got relief from your stomach trouble, and hope hr is able to work something out with you, so you will not be without your zofran. Take care....Sheryl:flwrysmile:
Thanks Sheryl!

Even if we have to pay out of pocket, my long time friend and pharmist rechecked the RX plan that they have! It will cost 10.00 fora year's membership' but I can buy the Zofran for 94.00 instead of 530.00 generic.

Thank you Lord for good friends like Betty! :angel: She is the pharmacist andi have known her for 20 years because I have tried to take as many of my prescriptions to her as possible even though I have moved to another town 20 miles away with pharmacies. She takes excellent care of me!
 
Thanks Nanners for that information, its very helpful, i have been very nauseated latley, due to severe pain from my ic(interstial cystitis). In my case the higher the pain level the more nauseated i get.
Sonja, I am glad you got relief from your stomach trouble, and hope hr is able to work something out with you, so you will not be without your zofran. Take care....Sheryl:flwrysmile:

Aww hugs Sheryl!! My niece has chronic kidney disease and just was diagnosed with IC. Poor thing has to do treatments 4 times a week. And I also know lots of folks with Crohns who also have IC. I hope you IC settles down soon. I suffer with the nausea with my Crohns. Not a fun time. Hugs!
 
Sonja,
Great job with those grades :yahoo: How will we ever to be able to live with you on our ski trip now.? lol.
How much longer do you have until you get the masters degree? You are doing so well even with the trials and tribulations of your knee, my hat is off to you. Keep up the good work.
 
Thanks Rose,

Well, if I hadn't taken off two semesters to have my knee revised, :heehee: I would graduate next spring! I should have told Dr. Maale that we would have to work around my schedule! :rotfl: Now, I will need to see when those courses are offered again and take them. I have 15 out of 36 for my masters. I will also have to choose between going back to Abilene for a 6 hour practium where I go back home and write lots of papers, and then do a 125 hour practium in the church! I may go the 250 hours of practium, I just haven't decided yet! This class is pretty intense!
 
Hello Everyone!:)

I have some great news and some interesting news about my knee!

I am walking on the anti-gravity treadmill at 3.0 mph for 15 minutes and I never get tired. I told Katie when she took it to 2.5 for the last minute that it felt like I was crawling! What really made my day though was another woman came in who had a knee replacement, and I was visiting at the front counter before I left. She said "are you leaving or just starting your day," and I said "oh I am about to leave." She told me I was very inspirational because I was walking so well on the treadmill and that she knew that she could do it because I did it with ease. I told her I love the treadmill, and she looked at me and said she could tell that I was serious. I told her I was very serious, it has been one of the best things that has happened to allow me to walk fast and even run again! She made my day!:happydance:
Now the other part of the story is... I still have to wear the c-brace or my kneecap refuses to cooperate. I am even using it in the treadmill now. I don't know what is going to happen with that darned kneecap, but I signed up for 7 more weeks of my Master's class, so I don't have time to get it operated on until at least October if that is what Dr. Maale thinks needs to be done. He won't mind waiting, because he is seeing me in late September anyway I hope.:beg:
 
Hello Everyone!:)

I have some great news and some interesting news about my knee!

I am walking on the anti-gravity treadmill at 3.0 mph for 15 minutes and I never get tired. I told Katie when she took it to 2.5 for the last minute that it felt like I was crawling! What really made my day though was another woman came in who had a knee replacement, and I was visiting at the front counter before I left. She said "are you leaving or just starting your day," and I said "oh I am about to leave." She told me I was very inspirational because I was walking so well on the treadmill and that she knew that she could do it because I did it with ease. I told her I love the treadmill, and she looked at me and said she could tell that I was serious. I told her I was very serious, it has been one of the best things that has happened to allow me to walk fast and even run again! She made my day!:happydance:
Now the other part of the story is... I still have to wear the c-brace or my kneecap refuses to cooperate. I am even using it in the treadmill now. I don't know what is going to happen with that darned kneecap, but I signed up for 7 more weeks of my Master's class, so I don't have time to get it operated on until at least October if that is what Dr. Maale thinks needs to be done. He won't mind waiting, because he is seeing me in late September anyway I hope.:beg:

Great news, Sonja !! Being able to walk -and run :dancy:- is really what it's all about isn't it . So exciting ! Yay :egypdance:
 
I sure could use one of those treadmills, sounds wonderful.
i do hope you do not have to have more surgery.
Keep up the good work. You are inspirational, thanks for sharing your story:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks, Randy!

Yes, walking without pain and even running is great! I have been the poster child for their anti-gravity treadmill! :happydance:
I turn my music on and off I go, there is no greater feeling than walking without pain! I am walking at 45% of my body weight when I am at 3.0, 50% when I am at 2.5. I wish I had one of these treadmills at my house, because I know it would not be a place to store stuff like my last treadmill became! I gave the other one away to my best friend and she loves it. She doesn't have knee issues though! :wink:

Sheryl, thanks for the compliment! I really am so excited about life after Capsie quits jumping out of place that I just want to dance! :happydance:
 
I love the stationery bike and swimming ,but not doing so great with two feet on the ground -and no anti-gravity treadmills to be found around here :sad: ...struggling with reality again today.

Off to physio now. We're going to discuss the value of continuing...

Tomorrow will be better, right ?
 
Randi, does your kneecap feel stable now? I worry about you my friend! You have been through so much and in a short amount of time! :shocked: It is enough to question anyone's thinking of if tommorow will be better. You and I are a TEAM though, so no quitting, resigning or giving up on either of our parts! When it seems impossible, remember that your buddy is in this with you, along with thousands of BoneSmarties!

God will take care of us! Sometimes I look at my life and the twists and turns it has been through. That's when I realize that at the lowest points, Jesus was carrying me! :happydance:
 
Hi Sonja,
Been off the forum for a bit, trying to keep my head in place with my sloth-like recovery.
I'm glad to see you are doing well, but sorry to hear about the kneecap. Whatever, if it isn't one thing, it's another, right?
Keep the happy attitude, maybe some will rub off on me!
Sandy
XOXO
 
Awww Sandy!

Thanks for the happy attitude compliment! (of course you haven't had a chance to ask my hubby)! :rotfl:
 
Wholly molly Sonja, you are progressing in leap and bounds!!:friends: You are an inspiration to all of us! You've had so many hurdles to jump over and obstacle to go around and you still manage to lift everyone spirits! You are an amazing woman!:thumb:
It's time the tides change and things go your way for a change! No more surgeries needed!:friends:
Stay well my friend!
 
Wholly molly Sonja, you are progressing in leap and bounds!!:friends: You are an inspiration to all of us! You've had so many hurdles to jump over and obstacle to go around and you still manage to lift everyone spirits! You are an amazing woman!:thumb:
It's time the tides change and things go your way for a change! No more surgeries needed!:friends:
Stay well my friend!
Oh Jacky, Thank you! :friends: What would I ever do if I lost my twin sister from another mother and father! :rotfl:

I am praying that we are FINISHED with surgery :beg: because I have had my share! It is time for someone else to have success, and I a praying that all of the PT we are doing will get me in tip top shape! :happydance:

The funny thing was when I got out of the car to buy groceries, I was parked in a handicapped zone. Well..... I don't know how people check out handicapping conditions in others but these "intelligent" folks I ran into beat the cake! :) They stood and watched while I took the crutches from the passenger seat slid them over myself to the open door of the driver side, and watched as I used my car to lift me up. I drive an Nissan Altima and it sits low to the ground. Anyway, I had my knee brace on after Chris's scolding yesterday :heehee: and took each crutch and placed them, locked the car and started walking.

Now I must go into my phonetic lingo to explain their words! As they watched me, "Thay boeth agread thut I musts be's fakin, cauz I walkeded too gud!".

I turned back to them and said that is the best thing you could have said to me! Thanks for brightening my day! :rotfl:
 
The world is full of idiots, Sonja, and they all drive and eventually end up in supermarket parking lots.
 
Randi, does your kneecap feel stable now? I worry about you my friend! You have been through so much and in a short amount of time! :shocked: It is enough to question anyone's thinking of if tommorow will be better. You and I are a TEAM though, so no quitting, resigning or giving up on either of our parts! When it seems impossible, remember that your buddy is in this with you, along with thousands of BoneSmarties!

God will take care of us! Sometimes I look at my life and the twists and turns it has been through. That's when I realize that at the lowest points, Jesus was carrying me! :happydance:


Sonja - I so appreciate your support. I'm really not sure whether my kneecap is stable or not...something gave out yesterday and today I am in a lot of pain. Saw the physio and she's confused. Asked me to move up my appointment with the OS which was scheduled for September 24th:shrug:. So, back in my recliner icing and wondering. Glad you're there. I don't seem to hear from many others. Guess I'm just not as inspiring as you.
 
Sonja - I so appreciate your support. I'm really not sure whether my kneecap is stable or not...something gave out yesterday and today I am in a lot of pain. Saw the physio and she's confused. Asked me to move up my appointment with the OS which was scheduled for September 24th:shrug:. So, back in my recliner icing and wondering. Glad you're there. I don't seem to hear from many others. Guess I'm just not as inspiring as you.

Randi!

You are my friend and you are inspiring to me! You have been through a lot and I wil never leave you. Others might not see your thread because it gets lost in the fray or something! Please don't think that doesn't mean others don't care about you! You are a wonderful person and I am so glad that we started the "Capsies" club! I have seen you sense of humor shine through, and I know you are a fighter! :friends:
 
Ok people,

I think I have been swimming in the river of denial as ChrisO puts it. When I read Vicki's thread and saw that she had lost 50 pounds from all her tummy problems, I got to thinking about everything. I eat very little still because it flies right through me yet as I finally :doh: took an assessment of my situation I realized that I have GAINED 17 pounds! :yikes: My face is full like a moon, and I am swelling because my socks are leaving deep imprints! My clothes are tighter all together, and I feel "yucky "! Why in the heck would I be retaining so much fluid? I guess I will call the doctor and set up an appointment. In the meantime, people out there, before my mother gets ahold of me and "kills" me :) what do you think might be the problem? Josephine Jamie Orthodoc and anyone else who might have an idea. I feel like I am walking on pillows when I am barefoot! :gaah:
 
Sonja,
Yes, call your Doctor for an appointment today. Find out why you are gaining what appears to be water weight.
:bicycle2:
 
Hey Sonja, calling the doc is a great idea. Are you on a different medication that could cause you to retain fluids? How's your blood pressure? Have you been checking that? I know after I had my knees done they took me off of one BP med, the one that had a diuretic in it, because my BP was dropping, but when I got home I started checking my BP and noticed that I was retaining a lot of fluid. My BP was through the roof, so I started that BP med again, however only 1 not 4 like I use to take, low and behold my BP went in the normal range and the fluid retension stopped.
Worth checking out sis! Stay well!:friends:
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom