Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I'm just astounded and impressed you could focus on academic issues at all during recovery. I'm a grant writer and I'm not working on anything harder than emails and a few phone calls. Writing? Guess I could if I had to. Come to think of it, I've been able to post here pretty regularly. . .hmmm

Thanks Cheryl!

I love learning and I am able to focus most of the time on my class. When I hit a snag, I try not to worry, and pray that the next day will be better to work on the class! I have been so blessed to have a great support base in this forum telling me I cando it, my Mom cheering me on and most importantly, a hubby that tells me he is proud of me! Life can't get much better in terms of academia. Now if I can convince "Capsie" to get with the program, it will be smooth sailing! :happydance:
 
Great that pharmacy works with you. Have you had any issues with sleeping and if so did doc prescibe anything. I am not able to sleep. My blood doc is very stingy with meds.
Hope belly is better too!
 
Aww Sonja I am sorry to hear you are pukey again. I suffer with chronic nausea, so Zofran and Phenergan are my daily friends. I hope they get your meds straightened out and you get feeling better soon too! Huggles!
High Nanners, i have a question for you. You say you take zofran and phenergan. How far apart to you take them. O don think you can take together, or can you? I ask because i a having to take zofran, and sometimes its doesnt quite do the job, and i was hesitant to take a phenergan, that they were not good to take together, so just wondering how far apart did do you take them?
 
Great that pharmacy works with you. Have you had any issues with sleeping and if so did doc prescibe anything. I am not able to sleep. My blood doc is very stingy with meds.
Hope belly is better too!
No, I don't have issues with sleeping in general. There are times when I am up and down during the night because hubby gets up in the night. Since my tummy settled back down, I am back to sleeping again though, and don't notice usually when he gets up! That Zofran is the best! The only anti-nausea med that has worked. :happydance:
 
High Nanners, i have a question for you. You say you take zofran and phenergan. How far apart to you take them. O don think you can take together, or can you? I ask because i a having to take zofran, and sometimes its doesnt quite do the job, and i was hesitant to take a phenergan, that they were not good to take together, so just wondering how far apart did do you take them?

Hi Sheryl, I can take each med every 6 hours, so if for example I take Zofran 4 mg at 9 am, and at 12 pm (3 hrs later) and its not working I can take my Phenergan then. Does that make sense?? Basically if you took one and it doesn't work, then 3 hours later you can try the other med.
 
That stuff is awesome! Hope you can continue to keep the queasies away.

Thank you so much! It makes a world of difference to me between Zofran and all the others. If I want a calm tummy, Zofran, if I want a rocky tummy anything else they have cause I have tried them all! (except phenergan)
 
Well, Hubby left for UCross ranch in Wyoming today without me! We both knew that my knee could not stand the 20 hours of driving time. He and one of his co workers are following each other because they are setting up solar panels and automating the water wells so they will not freeze during the winter. My hubby has a great sense of humor. When the water tanks are thawed and at a good level, the ranch hands will see a picture of a happy cow softly mooing. When the tanks are too low or start to freeze an alert of sad cow w picture and sad mooing will appear! :rotfl:
 
No, I don't have issues with sleeping in general. There are times when I am up and down during the night because hubby gets up in the night. Since my tummy settled back down, I am back to sleeping again though, and don't notice usually when he gets up! That Zofran is the best! The only anti-nausea med that has worked. :happydance:
Bet you didn't think you would get all the pharmacy questions. Sleep has always been my friend. I miss it. Guessing part of the problem is I can't get comfortable and I hate sleeping on my back. Able to lay on my side for short time but not long enough.
 
When the water tanks are thawed and at a good level, the ranch hands will see a picture of a happy cow softly mooing. When the tanks are too low or start to freeze an alert of sad cow w picture and sad mooing will appear! :rotfl:

:rotfl::loll:
 
Bet you didn't think you would get all the pharmacy questions. Sleep has always been my friend. I miss it. Guessing part of the problem is I can't get comfortable and I hate sleeping on my back. Able to lay on my side for short time but not long enough.
I have never had much problem sleeping because I sleep on my back. Sometimes when I sleep on my side I have a pillow there so that I can put my whole leg on for comfort. Let's see I have the whole king size bed for the week, by the time I try out all the ways of sleeping I haven't thought of, hubby may have to sleep in spare bedroom! :happydance:

I have a lot of time on my hands because I don't start back to school until August 27th! :yes!:
 
Watch out forum!!!!! She'll be all over the place with wild and wonderful schemes and ideas!!!
 
Great that pharmacy works with you. Have you had any issues with sleeping and if so did doc prescibe anything. I am not able to sleep. My blood doc is very stingy with meds.
Hope belly is better too!
Sorry to miss the part about sleep drugs! Yes, when I was in rehab, they started giving me Ambien, because I was wheeling up and down the halls late at night! (I think it was more for their sanity than my sleep issues though! ):rotfl:
 
Ok, Let the party begin! :happydance: I saw my last two grades a 100 for my portfolio and a 98 for participation leaving me with a 98.7 avg! (I think I should launch a complaint about the participation grade though cause I can't help it if I'm shy!) :rotfl:
 
Congrats on more outstanding marks! Watch out or you won't be able to get your head through the door.
 
Thanks Nanners for that information, its very helpful, i have been very nauseated latley, due to severe pain from my ic(interstial cystitis). In my case the higher the pain level the more nauseated i get.
Sonja, I am glad you got relief from your stomach trouble, and hope hr is able to work something out with you, so you will not be without your zofran. Take care....Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on more outstanding marks! Watch out or you won't be able to get your head through the door.

Let me assure you that I am just happy! I had an undergraduate average of 2.475 and all I needed to grad at the time was a 2.25. Well, fast forward to now when I am finally serious about getting my masters, and needing a 3.0 to get in! :shocked:
It was a real wake up call and I had to write a thesis explaining why I ended up on academic probation after my first semester of my undergraduate career. I had to find two people that knew me and could write a letter of reference convincing them to give me a chance. Judy, as I look at everything involved, I am just thankful that ACU was willing to take a chance on me! They have thousands of people apply to this program nationwide, but only select 100 and divide us into four groups with four different lead teachers. I was on probationary status until the end of this semester. If I did not maintain at least a B, I would have been exited from the program. Now maybe everyone will know "the rest of the story"..... And why I am celebrating so much! :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
I understand perfectly---I did have an overall B- average out of high school and college; but when I went back to school at the local community college when I was 40, my mind set about education was totally different and I was paying for it myself. I took computer programing so I could understand about using computers (not because I wanted to program for a living) in a 2 year associate degree program. I managed to graduate with a 4.0--but I worked at it--did my homework and studied--and loved every minute of it. Being a professional student has a lot of possibilities as far as I'm concerned.


[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
You have every right to celebrate--you'd have the same right if it had not been such a challenge to get into the program to begin with. I'm very proud of you; and you have every right to be very, very proud of yourself.
 
I made straight A's Iin high school. I guess I found out about the showing up for class once every two weeks, and so the classes I didn't like, that's what I would do! I remember one professor catching me in the hall and telling me he would give give me a withdrawal passing, because he knew if I came back the next semester and showed up for class that I would make an A. I told him I am passing, and that is good enough for me! It was my physiology teacher and Mom had him several years later, and she thought it was amazing that he could pronounce her last name! :wink: I told her he had lots of practice with me! Fortunately for him, Mom is like I am now, and she made an A restoring honor back to our name. I was immature, and did not apply myself. My parents payed for my education and now I regret that I didn't live up to my potential. I loved Track and Field, throwing the discus especially, and hanging out with friends. Studying was an afterthought.
 

Staff online

  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom