Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hello Everyone!

Thought I would update on my knee! Stephanie, my orthopedic massage therapist is a gift from God! I am so blessed! She is doing wonders for my knee and hip, which in turn is bringing the foot closer to being straight!:happydance: It won't be long before I am walking NORMALLY! I haven't done that in 18 years without pain! Life just keeps getting better and better!

Abby said she has noticed a big improvement in my gait!:loveshwr::)
To think I was trying to walk a 1/2 marathon with an out of alignment leg is.... Well Me! A classic Odic
Hopefully people will learn from my experiences and take a "smoother" route!

I got a fierce "lecture" from Abby about overdoing exercise!:thud:

I guess this might fit in the ODIC category! :heehee:

Thursday night I decided to do Core class, and then Piloxing! Friday morning I took Abby's class but instead of Total Toning she announced it would be Body Pump, which is Total Toning on steroids! They were hopping and jumping and I was not!:doh:

Abby came back several times to correct my form on exercises and after we finished, she told me to do 10 minutes on the stair stepper. Well, she came over after I had finished and she said, you're worn out aren't you. I told you not to come to class this morning. I said, I came to Total toning last week, and that's what the class schedule said but you changed the program when everyone came in!:flabber:

Abby announced that she would not be doing the class next Friday and you could hear the sighs of relief all around the room! LOL:rotfl:

Abby told me I am overdoing it and that she is afraid that my confidence in my knee is going to cost me. I told her, that my knee used to hold me back and my mind wouldn't let me, but now my mind is a "gambling machine!" She wasn't happy with my answer and told me to go back to chair fit. I complained about the class because I am the youngest person in there and it isn't challenging. Abby said, "I went in there and it was challenging!" I didn't have the heart to tell her no matter what, any class she visits, the instructor ups the intensity!! They think they are being graded!:snork:

Well, I never knew a person could do a push-up w one arm while lying on their side; but now I do! If anyone is interested in strengthening their triceps, lie down on your side, stack your feet one on top of the other, place the top hand down on the ground (right by your chest), and the bottom hand wrapped up on your shoulder, and then push up w one arm! Hard, but great for triceps!

The knee continues to improve as Stephanie straightens it and Abby works with strengthening the knee! :happydance:

Ok, the other day I went out and celebrated Valentine's day with my Mom, Sister, BIL and Husband. We walked EVERYWHERE and I had a GREAT time! My husband went and sat down while we were flying around the stores and Dale (my BIL) asked me how my knees were doing. I turned and looked at him with a blank expression until I realized that I had "fake" knees and then started laughing! He said he wished that his sister was doing half as well as I was. Well, after we left them I went to pick up a prescription for my thyroid and my husband asked me if I noticed that I had started limping on my LEFT knee. I said "yes, I felt a catch in it." So tomorrow I am going back for a 5 year tune up on the left knee! Dr. Defee will be shocked to see me and the progress I have made! :happydance::wowspring:

@Pumpkln,

Thanks!

I never thought I would see the day when I would forget that my knees were "fake!" Now I am planning a trip to California to celebrate my 50th birthday with my Dad's side of the family. I have an Aunt who will turn 60, and an Uncle who will be turning 70 so we will be celebrating 3 birthdays! Dad came from a family of 11! :happydance:

Well......

Report card time for a LEFT knee that has been "the forgotten one" in my saga!

Dr. Defee was astonished at

1. My weight loss and accomplishments:happydance:
2. Said the knee is in great shape at 5 years out and keep on doing what I'm doing! I see him again in three years!:loveshwr:

Hello Everone! Thought I would update my avatar along with an update of a comparison picture of my husband and I from last year to this year!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 233
@Pumpkln

Thank you so much! It is hard work, but definitely worth it! Life is taking on new meaning for me now that I can go and do without stopping to think about my knees!

I am creating a position in the health industry after listening to the 70% obesity rate in our town and the 85% chance of people regaining their weight after a weight loss procedure, or a 95% chance of them regaining all of their weight if they do it like I am doing it!

So, I will try my thoughts out on the BoneSmart Community and see if they think my ideas will lead to higher rates of success!

That way people from all over the world can benefit for free if they choose to take part! I am creating a post in the Social Room along with a poll to see how many would participate if they lived in my city!
Everyone, Please check it out and give me feedback! :happydance: You won't hurt my feelings by offering suggestions! That's how we make programs stronger!:loveshwr:

I kept having problems with my IT band, and my back, so I thought I would share Stephanie's explanation in hopes that it might be useful to others! Stephanie, my Orthopedic Massage therapist, has made a TREMENDOUS difference n my life, and her knowledge of the human body is fantastic! Thought I would share her thoughts with anyone who is having trouble thinking the pain could be; sciatic, IT band etc, because I kept thinking the same thing!

Well, the Orthopedic massage therapist has been correcting that! I will try to explain her terminology.
The leg and knee are connected to the hip which is connected to the IT band. The sciatic nerve gets a lot of blame
when it is an imbalance in the two legs and the way we walk. We have a muscle that can be found in the front of our bodies, in the crease where the leg joins the pelvis, and it wraps around the lumbar and thoracic vertebrae It is called the psoas muscle and it is the muscle in the body that connects the front to the back. When that gets tight, everything gets out of balance as well. Look it up on google and you will find some interesting articles!

My confidence keeps soaring; I did yoga yesterday and the instructor had everyone going to the ground with their knees bent UNDER them but feet out so our rears would sit on the mat!
Well....... The I think I can, I think I can Sonja, thought "heck why not!" So I started sliding downwards, and the instructor rushed over with a bolster. Then Stephanie, who is my massage therapist, was also in the class, and came running with another bolster. A little too late as bolsters squish as you sit on them!:dubious: I found out that I was able to break up a heck of a lot of scar tissue in one fell swoop!

"Funny thing is neither Abby nor Stephanie thanked me for making their job easier!" LOL:rotfl:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts