Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@skigirl,

It WAS scar tissue!:loveshwr:

I did yoga this morning, and sat crossed legged for the first time! Life just keeps getting better and better!:):happydance:
 
Awww @Celle

Thanks! The road has been long but my stubbornness has come in handy in the ability to never give up! A couple of knee replacement friends who had uneventful surgeries a couple of years ago, are walking stiff legged. They want to know how in the heck I can do yoga, Piloxing, total toning, core traing, TRX training, walking for miles, biking like crazy, using the rowing machine etc. I told them for me it's a mindset. I put it on my list and work towards the goal!:happydance:
 
I agree that you have to keep the knee moving and that all things have to be taken in stages.

One of my friends who had knee surgery saw me ski today and came up to say"Well there is obviously nothing wrong with your knees!" When I told her they were both fake, she did not believe me!!!
 
Well, I took pictures to put in a collage celebrating my upcoming 50th birthday! My knees have given me a new lease on life, and I feel like I should be celebrating my 30th!:yahoo:

Sorry @Josephine! Couldn't resist 1 of the 2 pictures at Bigger than Life!:heehee:

It is my 50th after all and I am starting to get old, and I can't see as well as I used to at 49 1/2!:wink:

[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Hello Sonja. Lovely to meet you! :rotfl:
You look great. :dancy::spin:

Happy Birthday for the end of this month. :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: I'll be away for the Big Day, so I'm getting in early with the birthday wishes.
 
Thanks @Celle!

My big Birthday celebration will actually take place in April with my Dad's side of the family. I have an Aunt who is turning 60, and and Uncle who is turning 70. My Dad wuld have been 75 in July, so I am going to have a special surprise for the 9 surviving brothers and sisters!:happydance:
 
That's going to be one, big family celebration, Sonja!

I'll be in Australia, visiting my one brother and his family.
 
Beautiful photos, what a change from your old avatars.
Glad to see your posting, at first I though oh No what is Sonja up to now.:heehee:
Just some fabulous photos!
 
Sonja
You truly are an inspiration. You look amazing and the family are going to have a total surprise. Are you going to treat yourself to something lovely for the night? It's well deserved.

I don't know where the last 4 almost 5 years went to since my 50th. I had a party and it was fantastic x we are lucky to reach milestones like these and they should be embraced and definitely celebrated xxx

Once again, well done, I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say, I'm so proud of you. Weight loss is not easy. Congratulations

Love Ann x
 
I celebrated reaching 70, but I'm not going to count the numbers any more until I hit 80.
Like your ROM, function is more important than the numbers. :loll:
 
Lovely photograph and you look so well. Happy 50th birthay - just think of all the extra fun that lies in store for you.
 
Thanks to all of you!

Abby had me working verryyyy hard today!:happydance: Kim told her I liked Mark more. I had said I liked his "laid back style!" Amazing what gets lost in translation!:rotfl:

Mark is the type of trainer that everytime you do a set of ANYTHING, take 30 seconds to a minute to recover!:whistle:

Abby is let's get through this CIRCUIT 4 times and THEN you can have a 2 minute break. I feel better after Abby's workouts, because I have worked my rear off!:happydance:

After Mark's I feel like I was on vacation! LOL :heehee:
 
Well,

Who would have thought it?!:whistle:

Today I was on the ellipitical warming up, and I ran out of breath! I went and used my asthma inhaler but did not have any luck.:bawl:

Abby and I worked out anyway, but she kept telling me I needed to get to doctor to get a different inhaler.

I thought about going home instead, BUT a little bell went off in my head...

Turns out my atrial fibrillation returned with a vengeance today. The doctor put me in the hospital.

I don't know if any of you have experienced the "taking the car to to the shop, and it acts perfectly, but that is what happened once I am now here in the hospital!" :shrug:

By the way, I might not have MRSA anymore, but I still have Nurses who think that because I did once upon a time, even though I am tested every 6 weeks, that they should roll out the gowns, gloves and fear! I HATE being treated like that, when they have my records from the doctor who does the testing!!!!:bignono::censored:
 
I wish you wellness and healing. Iunderstand the scarlet" M" wagon. Anytime I go to the hospital they bring the darn plague wagon out. Please take care of yourself. :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom