Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

on lower body.:loveshwr:
Great report!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome Sonja...wtg (way to go)! :dancy:
When is it you are doing the 1/2 marathon (or is it a full one)?
 
That's awesome Sonja...wtg (way to go)! :dancy:
When is it you are doing the 1/2 marathon (or is it a full one)?

Please don't get rumors started!:rotfl:

It is the 1/2 Marathon and it is in January! I see the doctor on Friday, and I am praying he will let me out of this boot!:friends:
 
Ummmmmmmm, OK no rumours started! You are doing nothing remarkable even if you were we wouldn't know about it because you would be too shy to share!!! Gotcha! :rotfl:


Hoping the Dr lets you give the boot a "boot', lol!
 
Thank you for understanding my shy little self!:wink: I try to put her in the closet, but she keeps escaping!:rotfl:

What I meant about rumors was that suddenly everyone MIGHT think I was crazy enough to attempt a FULL marathon!:thud::rotfl:
 
Oops! My bad :badspidy:! Yes a 1/2 marathon it is...no full ones! Gotcha!

Its good to let her out of the closet once in a while just so she can air out...:heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as hard as it is to be social, and fight my "shy" side, I have to have a strong padlock on the door to keep her in!:rotfl:
 
Well... Now things are not looking so good for my foot it is healing, but I may have crushed one of the blood vessels meaning the bone is dying in one part. I will know on Monday I about surgery. I just want to get it over with!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes, I have to say I wasn't prepared for the news. Then again I didn't realize that my doctor wasn't a surgeon!:doh: Mom said she knew because he only had D.O. after his name! Why would they send me to someone to has to keep consulting with his three other partners about surgery? I told him I want surgery, lets get this over with! He went to look for the other surgeons and they had left for the day.:chinstroke:

So, first thing Monday morning, they will have a group meeting to discuss my x-rays and decide the best course of action! I have already voted and if the blood vessel is crushed:; the sooner the better. I don't want to risk infection setting in. The foot wasn't hurting and now it is starting to hurt again!:thud:

Let me think something positive to end on..... I have a knee trike that everyone thinks is motorized, because I fly through the gym, the doctor's office and so forth!:rotfl:
 
Hi Sonja @RestAssured

I'm back, after a week away - and look what you get up to! :heehee:

Sorry to hear the news about the blood vessel in your foot! :console2:
Let's hope that the doctors' conference on Monday brings a suggestion for a quick solution! I think surgery could be necessary - they have to nip that bone death in the bud, before it gets more extensive.

I agree with you that it would've been better if you had been seeing a surgeon all along. That's part of the US health system that I don't understand. My experience has been that bone fractures are always dealt with by an orthopaedic surgeon's team. While the bone may be set by a junior doctor, it is always under the supervision of a more senior surgeon.

Anyway, roll on Monday, with some news and a plan of action!
 
:happydance::happydance::gaah::chillpill:
@RestAssured
I am so sorry to hear about your foot :console2: Please let us know the out-come on Monday.
:angel: For you & a gentle solution to your problem.
Love,1
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
Diana,

A gentle solution to my problem would have been kicking the doctor's butt, and doing the surgery myself! LOL After all, it ONLY consists of screwing two bones together, how hard could that be right? Maybe a small incision with an exacto knife dipped in alcohol first.:rotfl:

So instead, I will receive a call tomorrow, telling me what the three brain trusts have decided! Well, I will be 2 1/2 hours away again, so it means another drive which I hadn't anticipated. Oh well, life goes on and on and on!:chillpill:
:cool: I think I will go undercover as a "secret agent!" Sounds like fun anyway, and maybe I can actually hear the three of them talking about my case!

1. Do you think she did total non-weight bearing during the healing process?
answer: Are you doctors CRAZY! I have a replacement on my left knee also that doesn't like the full brunt of 250 pounds
2. Do you think she exercises correctly just upper body and swimming?
Of course I do, but I have found that I can do one legged planks without involving the right leg!:happydance:
3. Do you think she is willing to wait for another 3 weeks and then let us decide to do surgery? :gaah::no-fin::tantrum2::bignono:
4. What about the boot? Do you think she has been wearing it?
Yes, until it got too big on my leg!:happydance:

So, hopefully those answers will reach them somehow. They reached the first doctor! LOL
 
Ok,

Sorry for the delay! Four more weeks in boot and foot will either be

A. Healed

B. Surgery scheduled

I am going to try to see Dr. Maale and get a recommendation from him!

In other news, I am swimming like a maniac, using the upper bike like I am doing the Tour De France, and lifting weights to increase endurance, and stamina.
 
Hi Sonja, Too many ups and downs so sorry to catch you on a down with your foot problem. But I am impressed that you are mentioning running maybe a 1/2 marathon. Way to go girl! The foot thing is nothing compared to what you have been through. I fractured my ankle 6 months ago and wore a boot for 6 weeks even toured Thailand wearing the boot. I totally understand your philosophy of what you are capable of doing.:heehee:
 
@RestAssured
Hi Sonja :wave:
Just checking in on you :) Your new Avatar is Gorgeous. You should be so proud of
Yourself :yay: I hope "Shy" Sonja can get along with "Tenacious" Sonja :heehee: I am glad you are seeing
Dr. Maale. I :angel:The extra month in the boot is all you will need & no surgery for you.
Keep on keeping On :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom