Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@RestAssured
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Tell "SHY" Sonja to put "TENACIOUS" Sonja In a straight jacket & into a closet
It's for her own good :bricks:
Diana :no-fin:
If only it were that easy! Tenacious Sonja has escaped and she isn't going to be easy to corner! Getting 185 pounds off of this body and getting in shape have left me with a sense of invincibility! LOL

Oh well; I need to dial back a "little", so I will still be in one piece for the 1/2 marathon in Houston!!!! :0)
 
Dial back, what to a 9.5 from a 10. :rotfl:
Keep your eye on the prize, the 1/2 marathon :walking:.

Yes yes, I do believe a 9.5 might be sufficient! :wink:

I have been catching up on laundry, housecleaning, and such today! My "good" foot is fine, and the other one is in the boot! I wouldn't even know it was still broken if it weren't for the darned x-rays that keep reminding me!:heehee:

But I did keep my promise.... No swimming or lawnmower lifting today!:happydance::wowspring::happydance::giggle:
 
Does anyone need housework or their lawns mowed? I've finished mine and still have LOTS of energy!:happydance::giggle:
 
@RestAssured
Dear Sonja,
Could you bottle-up some of that energy & send it to Massachusetts ? :beg:I've been running
On empty ( sinus cold ):swoon:
Please no Lawn mower lifting :no-fin:
Have a wonderful Day,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
@RestAssured
Dear Sonja,
Could you bottle-up some of that energy & send it to Massachusetts ? :beg:I've been running
On empty ( sinus cold ):swoon:
Please no Lawn mower lifting :no-fin:
Have a wonderful Day,
Diana :flwrysmile:

Diana,

I could do that for you! Here is a cyber "hug":loveshwr: Hopefully, that will get you back on your feet!

P.s. Decided to scrub the refrigerator this morning and am going to reorganize my pantry before my 1:00 pm
Swimming workout with Abby! Life is grand!:happydance:

Take care of yourself, and I promise, no lawnmower "lifting" at least not for a while anyway!:cool:
 
@RestAssured
Hug Received :friends:Thank You so much ! I don't think you can get hurt cleaning a fridge :chinstroke:
Could You ?
I have a picture of you in my mind....As a new sport ( lawn mower lifting ) you are the Winner
Of the National Competition. You make the Cover of S.I with a boot on your foot & a lawn
Mower hoisted over your head :heehee:
We will just add it to your long list of amazing, challenging, accomplishments :yay:

Make sure no ice falls from the freezer onto your foot.
Enjoy your :swim:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Well....:nah: I was swimming yesterday.... and "Wonder Woman":snork: came crashing back to earth! Abby had me swimming 100 yards without stopping and at 50 I felt my chest tightening, but kept going! At 75 it got bad and I pulled my head out of the water desperately trying to breathe! Abby thought I was "slacking". From "taking off Thursday (when I saw the doctor), Friday (when I was sick) and Sunday, when I was scrubbing the house! I finished the 100, but was breathing like a "broken winded horse!":horseriding: Anyway, I asked Abby to get my rescue inhaler from my backpack, and took a couple of puffs of it. I haven't had an asthma attack in over a year, but I always carry a rescue inhaler with me because I never know. Well, everything started getting better and I finished my workout until.....

I saw this woman come in alone who weighed close to 500 pounds. :console2: She went to the therapy pool which is too warm for me, but... I wanted to earn her trust. I went in and talked w her for about 30 min when I noticed my MS symptoms were starting to "kick in!" :scary:

Got out, gave her some phone numbers, and took a cold shower, headed for exit when the pain hit.

Was rushed to Emergi clinic and the doctor thought it was my appendix. I thought so too at first; until he had my husband take me all the way across town for a CT scan because he had waited beyond the 4:30 time to see me! They told him the tech was leaving so if I needed a scan that he needed to order it! He took his "sweet" time and it was 5:00!:scare: Mind you, I got to the clinic at 4:00!

Anyway, on the way to the hospital of my choice, since he didn't bother calling ahead for a CT scan, I started feeling like I needed to throw up. Well, it turned out I had a lot of repressed gas in my stomach, because it quickly turned to dry heaves, but I felt much better and the pain disappeared!

Long story short, went back last night, took self defense class; well watched them, and then came home. No need for a CT scan after all, no thanks to that doctor though! Of course, this is the same doctor that told me do you realize you have arthritis and a bone spur in your foot, but that is not what is causing the problem. Then the next day, the nurse said he told you it WAS arthritis and a bone spur!:doh:
 
All to familiar with exercise induced asthma, and carry an inhaler 100% of the time. Scary when it comes on full blast. Glad the pains were only gas! ER's are great, but not always up to par with staff.
You are having too many medical adventures. :shocked:
Abby thought you were slacking, I would never think that about you, if you slow down something is wrong.
Nice of you to got in the hot pool to talk with the lady, but be careful.
You do know all the exercise you do is preventing/slowing down the change of your muscle fibers to anerobic fibers. Keep up the good work.
 
Oh Sonja! @RestAssured

I'm so sorry you had such a bad day with your health. :console2: I'm glad it all got sorted out but, really, you must have been so scared.

Talk about The Perils of Pauline! Listen, lady, and listen hard - LOOK AFTER YOURSELF FIRST!!
It was lovely of you to want to help that overweight lady - but you know what the hot pool does to you. :bignono: (What's the definition of insanity? Keeping on doing the same thing and expecting a different result!)
Yes, I'm telling you off!
Next time (and I know there will be one) try to talk without getting in the hot water.

I know you're Wonder-woman, but even Wonder-woman has to take care of herself. She must do, or else she would self-destruct.

Lecture over!

:flwrysmile::friends::flwrysmile:
 
Yes @Pumpkln and @Celle

I know that I need to stay out of the therapy pool, and I will do my best to do so! If it means reaching someone who needs an ear though; all bets are off! I think back to the conversation yesterday, and I know that the only reason she opened up to me was that I got in and "met her where she was.":console2:

I will make sure to stay in less time in the future though! I promise!

Abby was in a weird mood yesterday. I think something was wrong! She got mad at me and yelled at me to focus on what I was doing! She has NEVER yelled at me before! It certainly is not like her!

Sometimes she will call me a slacker to get me fired up because she knows I am a competitor! She knows I am not a slacker, but she uses it when I take more time than usual to swim. She knows me well.

Like I said, something was happening in her world yesterday! :shrug:
 
Back
Top Bottom