Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@Titianlady,

Hello! My goodness! A voice from the past! Wow, and it took breaking a foot to hear from you! Well, let me share something with you that will be our little secret....:heehee: I am not going to break a bone just to get you to say hello! So, perhaps you can just cheer @RunA42K and I on; or even join us :wink: at the half marathon in January!:happydance:
 
@RestAssured I'd love to join you ! That is if I'm not recovering from revision surgery of some sort on this darn left knee!! Going to the surgeon tomorrow to find out why all the problems. It's just too painful and hard to walk on right now. I've been fighting with it for the last 8 months so it was past time don't you think? :tiredwheel:

You look absolutely amazing too!! I've been catching up on your thread and you are truly a wonder Sonya. Course I always knew that.


And no, you don't have to break a bone for me to say hi!!!
The tone of your post sounds like your angry with me. Funny, I thought that once a member always a member and that forum friends would always be glad to hear from another regardless of time. Kind of a curt welcome back especially from a forum advisor.
(Yes, my feelings are hurt)

Take care, and keep on Sonya..your accomplishments and determination are an inspiration
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Titianlady ,

I could never be mad at you!:beg: I know, sometimes the written word doesn't come across as the way I meant it.:shrug:
That is the one thing that saddens me is that without being able to "talk" to someone face to face, makes it hard! I have laughed with you, been sad about problems, and will be ready to celebrate when hopefully you get answers tomorrow!:yahoo:

Please keep in touch my friend! I really do care!:friends:
 
Ok, @RunA42K , Bonnie, and I had a blast today! I am so excited about the 1/2 marathon in January! Bonnie is such an inspiration and just an awesome all around person! This shy girl has found another friend!:happydance:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
@RestAssured WHEWWWWW!!!! I really thought I had made you mad at me!! I'm soo glad!! You know, when I came back to the forum you were the first person I was hoping would still be here. You and New Knee in June, and a few others. Even though I hadn't been posting, I still tried to read the posts over the last 8 months.

I can't believe the things you've accomplished Sonja!!! I wish I had a third of the determination you have. You are simply an amazing women. I wish I lived closer to Texas! I would Love to meet you in person!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Titianlady,

I see you live in CA. I have several Aunts and one Uncle that live in CA! Who knows? Perhaps we can arrange something in the future!:happydance:
 
Hi there Sonja. Great photo of you and Bonnie. Did you plan your outfit - T shirt to match shoes!
 
:happydance:
Hi there Sonja. Great photo of you and Bonnie. Did you plan your outfit - T shirt to match shoes!

Actually no! I bought those shoes in the store Bonnie manages, and I had no idea what colors would be in my size! :happydance:
 
Well, I learned important lessons from Abby today! We will work on endurance and resting heart rate swimming until my doctor clears me to start "power walking!"

Broken foot? Not a problem for Abby! I swam 1000 yards today doing 100's freestyle, 50's breaststroke on recovery, immediately back to freestyle 100 and breaststroke 4 times. Then, she GAVE me a two minute break and had me swim as many laps as I could in 10 minutes. I swam 10!
 
Sonja for the swimming in the Rio Olympics! :swim: LOL

Your Abby really is a treasure. How great it is that you were matched up with her as your trainer. :yay:
 
Sonja for the swimming in the Rio Olympics! :swim: LOL

Your Abby really is a treasure. How great it is that you were matched up with her as your trainer. :yay:
Yes Abby is fantastic! She and I work so well together! She knows me as both a client and a friend. Abby and I have bonded unlike most of her clients. I don't know if it was my "shy" personality, :wink: Or my dogged determination that first made the connection!:cool:
 
Well,

Today was longer on the arm bike than I anticipated! I started 10 minutes early, and then Abby "coached":heehee:
Me through an additional 60 minutes! I ended up doing 10.6 miles on the arm bike today alternating between sprints and SHORT rest periods, and then for 15 minutes I was in the mountain climbing mode, getting harder and harder as we went! When we finally started going down the other side of the mountain, Abby said,pick up the speed, after all you ARE on the downhill slope!:rotfl: One push of the button does not feel like I am "gliding", but I sure wasn't going to say that to Abby!

That would be like punching my card saying "I don't think I am working hard enough, give me more, give me more, give me more!":rofsign:

After our session, Abby said "you are going to core class!" I said "no way!" Guess who ended up doing 30 minutes of working on their core!:good-bad: Abby is as stubborn as I am!
 
I like Abbey! Hahahahaha! Seriously, I wish I had someone like Abbey around to motivate and push me into that extra little bit!

Wat to go Sonja, practicing for at least two events in the Rio Olympics, biking and swimming! Oh and the marathon too so that makes it 3 events!:egypdance:
 
I like Abbey! Hahahahaha! Seriously, I wish I had someone like Abbey around to motivate and push me into that extra little bit!

Wat to go Sonja, practicing for at least two events in the Rio Olympics, biking and swimming! Oh and the marathon too so that makes it 3 events!:egypdance:

I will send Abby your way for a week or two!:snork: You will be begging for me to take her back!:rotfl:
 
@JustmeT ,

Nah, she will just get a little glint in her eye; the steely resolve will come through, and your tounge will be hanging out of your mouth!:tiredwheel: She will render you SPEECHLESS!:rotfl::rotfl:
 
Well, I have great news to report! I have upped my weight loss to 180 pounds and am down another 1/2 perfect in body fat! I lost 1 1/2 inches around my waist, stayed the same in hips, lost 1 1/2 inches on thighs, and a half inch on calves. I gained 1 1/2 inches around the chest, something I desperately need,:wink:

So, I was very pleased with my overall progress, especially since I haven't been able to use weights on lower body.:loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom