Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Oh @RestAssured I am sure I can come with a few names for you, hahahahha but we know @Josephine would kick me off the forum if I used them, lol! (Now ya know I am not that bad) so I will just stick to a couple of the names I have for you, those are "Inspirational and Awesome!"
 
Well TESSA, (did you notice I used your REAL name?!):rotfl: I am speechless; and you KNOW as shy as I am that it doesn't happen too often. :snork: You have kept me laughing through the rough spots of my recovery, and have always been there for the "light relief" when I needed it! Thanks for not sharing all the other names you might have thought!:good-bad: I do have a reputation to uphold after all!:happydance:

@JustmeT
 
You are speechless? No way, c'est impossible!
Quelle que soit la langue que j'utilise, vous êtes une source d'inspiration en elle! Continuer à être votre auto timide et inspirer beaucoup! :friends:

....and yes I saw that you used my 'real" name not my code name...merci! I remember the confusion I had over the name Justine or Justina, couldn't figure out quite who you were referring to, lol!


You have kept me laughing through the rough spots of my recovery, and have always been there for the "light relief" when I needed it!
Right back at ya kiddo and you are still doing it!!!!:happydance:
 
Well today Abby started me out swimming a 100 without stopping!

Then she said I want you to sprint swim as fast as you can the 25 yd length of the pool! My time was 39 secs!
Abby then told me that every sprint we did after that would need to be 39 seconds or less! We did 10 sprints, and I met or broke the 39 second time 8 times.

Abby had told me I needed to meet that goal every time, or I would face something I didn't like.

Well, for the 2 I missed, I swam 100's without stopping again. I was tired by the end of swimming!:yawn:
 
@RestAssured
Hi Sonja :wave:How's your foot doing ? I have been posting less & less on "Bonesmart" I am
Spending all my time in "Promised Land" :yahoo:I wanted to tell you what an inspiration &
All-around wonderful person you have been to me.
I hope your life goes in the direction you choose ( I know it will ):heehee: I look forward to the book
& movie about your life.
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Love your attitude and optimism even when you have setbacks. Broken foot, car wreck, whew! After reading your posts, I would feel better if you just wrapped yourself in bubble wrap all the time. Bad time of the year in Houston to do it, though....
But seriously, thank you so much for posting your experiences here. You are an inspiration. :-):-)
 
@new knee in June and at @Old Texan,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have setbacks; infections, broken foot etc., that have hit me along the way and I tend to get a little down! This foot is making me crazy at this point, because it has healed only part of the way through the bone! So, he wants me to be totally no weight bearing for the next 3 weeks to see if it will mend the rest of the way!:scare: Me, one leg and two crutches, and a knee bike? Look out world (and Houston):rotfl: Sonja will be zipping and hopping into town Wednesday!:yahoo:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sonja,
I am grateful that you have posted your experiences here, and the ability to persevere. It helps me through my rough patches to know it can get better.
Wishing you happy healing.
 
@Pumpkln ,

You have been a cheerleader for me as well and I really appreciate it! :roseshwr::friends:

When I think about all of the people who visit this site but never become members,it humbles me even more. :wowspring:

To know that perseverance .through the hard times and remaining upbeat as much as possible might help someone who is scared, lonely, or facing a similar path that I have traveled is priceless!:happydance:
 
@RestAssured
A lot of older runners I know are sold on the extra cushioning and design of Hokas (saw you referenced them a page or so back). I'm hiking in a similar shoe, Altra (brand) Olympus (model). They are super cushioned, zero drop, and aid your foot strike to be forward (mid/fore). They also have a unique, larger toe box area which I think is helpful for many.
 
@trailspud,

When I go to Houston next week I am going to spend Thursday in Bonnie's store@RunA42K trying on Hokas!:happydance: I want several pair because I like the colors also! Look out Houston.... There will be liftoff on Wednesday, with a wild woman on crutches and a knee trike blowing into town!:happydance: Houston may never be the same by the time I leave Monday!:rotfl:

After all, I am very shy you know!:)
 
Have a great time wheeling around H-Town :).
Thank you! The last time I was there was over 23 years ago at MD Anderson. I left Houston with a sad experience, so I am ready to make some happy memories there! My Dad passed away from Brain cancer in 1992.
 
Yes this will be the first time that we have met and I am looking forward to it! @RunA42K, has inspired me, and to think I would even TRY a 1/2 Marathon before Bonnie suggested it would have brought this response.....:rotfl:

Now... I am so excited and I want my foot to "hurry up and finish healing" so that Abby and I can get started with marathon training!:happydance:
 
@trailspud,

When I go to Houston next week I am going to spend Thursday in Bonnie's store@RunA42K trying on Hokas!:happydance: I want several pair because I like the colors also! Look out Houston.... There will be liftoff on Wednesday, with a wild woman on crutches and a knee trike blowing into town!:happydance: Houston may never be the same by the time I leave Monday!:rotfl:

After all, I am very shy you know!:)

Remember, I am working on Thursday...if you come at 3 when I can officially off I can still spend all the time I need with you and the Hoka's, because after 3pm extra help for the afternoon will be there. I do lots of paper work/computer in the back so I need to get my work done. I have a story about Hokas...but you'll have to come to my thread to read...
 
I received some awesome news today regarding my foot!:happydance: No surgery will be required! My OS did a consult w the Sr. OS and he said it was healing beautifully. i still have to wear the boot for 2 1/2 more weeks, but then it should be over. oh yes and ride my knee trike! LOL

Sorry, this was stuck at the bottom of the page. I found out this news yesterday!:heehee:
 
Congratulations to you and your beautiful foot! I'm really pleased for you. :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I received some awesome news today regarding my foot!:happydance: No surgery will be required! My OS did a consult w the Sr. OS and he said it was healing beautifully. i still have to wear the boot for 2 1/2 more weeks, but then it should be over. oh yes and ride my knee trike! LOL

Yay!! Hurray!! :happydance::yay::yes!::dancy::flwrysmile:
 
@RestAssured Sonja girl!!! My gosh, I disappear for a while and the Warriors have fallen down on the job and you messed up your foot!! They've been too busy drinking piña coladas, and not watching out for you! I will have to have a serious talk with those boys..Thank goodness you don't need surgery..you've had more than your share girlfriend!

I LOVE your trike!! I want one! I've never been able to ride a regular bike in my life, so that trike looks like it's just the thing for me!!


You take it easy on that foot, and don't buy out Bonnie's store!, if you love shoes like I do, that's hard to resist. My husband says when he looks in my shoe closet, her thinks he married a centipede!

You take it easy( easier said than done in your case Miss energetic! LOL )
:rofsign:
:dancy::friends::friends::friends::flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom