Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Good luck Sonja! I'm sure we'll see you - you won't be able to resist us! Lol!
 
Well, work hard! and keep taking care of that knee. Stop in and check in with us when you can. We will miss you! :friends:
 
Hello Everyone!

Well, I read 5 chapters today and finished two assignments so I am caught up through Friday! I wish I could say the same about my calf. It is bruising all the way down into my sock! Why would something like this happen now?:doh:
 
Perhaps, someone is trying to tell you to "Be Still!" Rest! Wait! Listen! I don't know, just wondering why I have to be hurting so much and so exhausted even though I am 10 weeks out... What am I supposed to be learning??? And please help me to learn and get on to the next thing Lord...

Sounds like you got a lot of work done today, and work that you did sitting down most likely. Well done! I will pray for your bruising to clear up. Hang in there friend!
 
Now I just yelled at you girls on BJ's thread!
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
I hope you're icing and elevating as you post here.

:thumb: Good job on all that work you got done. You don't mess around!
 
Hello Everyone! :happydance:

I have read 4 more chapters, and written another paper. Took out three loads of trash, boxes and stuff piling up in garage and washing all of the bedding. Then it will be on to washing the clothes again! For two people, we sure do generate a lot of dirty clothes! In about 15 minutes I am headed for PT, and then tomorrow we will have a 4th of July celebration! On Thursday, we hit the road for Kansas City, staying overnight in Wichita Falls TX, and visiting one of my hubby's aunts. I am trying to figure out why I am tired and I haven't made it to PT yet?! Oh, I forgot, I was a good girl and took the Armada to the shop to be detailed instead of doing it myself... so there! I am slowing down:heehee:
 
Seriously, I think that maybe if you begin to write everything that you do and then examine it you will realize that you are definitely overdoing it... I was just thinking about that after doing exactly that last night. I didn't think that I had done much and in comparison to my "regular life" I had not, but looking at it written down, hmmm...

Congrats on the 4 chapters and writing another paper. I hope that your 4th of July celebration is being given by someone else and that you are going to be a guest...

Look at me talking though... :heehee: We are having some relatives over for the 4th, but I have been doing the hardest job in the world (for me). I have been supervising while my kids clean house, and prepare food. Yesterday my one son went grocery shopping with me. Gosh, why is it so hard to step back and delegate????
 
Thanks BJ! Actually my hubby will be grilling ribs and corn, and we will have baked potatoes. I guess I could think of something for dessert. The holiday is a diet free day! :whistle:

Well, I had to call Dr. Maale with a progress report and Amy his MA medical assistant called me back to ask if I was on aspirin because of all of the continued bruising. I told her "no" and she said well Dr. Maale said you could always go to the ER if it gets worse. I said "Amy does that sound like me and I started laughing.". I don't know what the problem is, but aim going to text Amy a picture and she said Dr. Maale or her would be back in touch tomorrow! :)
 
Seriously, I think that maybe if you begin to write everything that you do and then examine it you will realize that you are definitely overdoing it... I was just thinking about that after doing exactly that last night. I didn't think that I had done much and in comparison to my "regular life" I had not, but looking at it written down, hmmm...

Congrats on the 4 chapters and writing another paper. I hope that your 4th of July celebration is being given by someone else and that you are going to be a guest...

BJ I know that I am doing a lot, but it won't get finished because my husband is in the oilfield doing automation til 8 or 9 at night. He works so hard out there in the blazing sun, I need to help all I can here.
Look at me talking though... :heehee: We are having some relatives over for the 4th, but I have been doing the hardest job in the world (for me). I have been supervising while my kids clean house, and prepare food. Yesterday my one son went grocery shopping with me. Gosh, why is it so hard to step back and delegate????
 
Well, I know you need to help him, but you also need to take care of you... It is kind of like the oxygen mask in the airplane. If I do not place mine on first, I may not still be conscious to help anyone else, and that is why it is soooo important for us to take care of ourselves first. Now, you do know that I am not speaking from experience because I have mastered this or anything. It is just what I am learning that I need to be practicing and so I am sharing so that maybe we can be learning and practicing it together. :friends:
 
Sonja,

I signed up for two on line nursing leadership classes this summer. It looks like we may both be busy with our after surgery hopes and dreams of future careers while we recover. I am wishing you all the best. I glad my post op brain fog is lifting but I'm not 100% yet. You seem as sharp as anyone could imagine...

Chris
 
Sonja,

I signed up for two on line nursing leadership classes this summer. It looks like we may both be busy with our after surgery hopes and dreams of future careers while we recover. I am wishing you all the best. I glad my post op brain fog is lifting but I'm not 100% yet. You seem as sharp as anyone could imagine...

Chris

Chris, for someone who is supposed to be so sharp..... I have let myself down. I almost fell tonight trying to carry a laundry basket with my two crutches tucked under my arms! The crutches went flying, laundry went flying, but I managed to catch the door jam before I fell!

My husband took a picture of my calf and ankle to send to Dr. Maale because it is so swollen and bruised! My calf looks like a ballon on my foot! PT did not go well, we had to modify and then get the leg up in the airwithiceand compression. They did lymph edema after that, and it did loosen it some. I am definitely slowing down and BJ, I know you are right also! I must do what is in the best interest of the knee at this point! :doh:
 
We will be sending Mom to Kansas City by plane! I just can't risk traveling in this shape! :gaah:
 
Sonja, I am sorry to hear that you will not get to go on your trip :boohoo: but I am so happy to hear that you have chosen to take care of yourself :) . I am praying that your doc can figure out what is going on and get it resolved quickly. Hang in there, you must be felling very frustrated...
 
Thanks BJ! I made the decision, and I know it's the right one. I took pictures of my leg last night, and my calf, ankle and thigh are all the same size at this point! :shocked: I knew a car trip of 12 hours each way would not help the situation. I am bummed but I am also realistic. I cannot risk my health for a weekend. :beg:
 
Aw, Sonja- I am sorry you can't make your trip. One that long could be risky, so it is a wise decision , IMO. Hang in there, and have a happy 4th just the same.
We are so fortunate that we can just pick up and go when we want, where we want in this country.
I just did a pt this week who was in Afghanistan and Iraq (SHUDDER) and it got me reflecting on how good we have it.
Hope you get that calf back to 'regular' size soon!
 
Back
Top Bottom