Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

OH DEAR!!! I am glad that you figured out what the problem is. :yikes: Scarey though!!! NOW are you going to listen and put your leg up and ice, rest, elevate, ice, rest, elevate, ice, rest, elevate... ad nauseum???? :beg: Please take care of yourself!!! I care for you, as do the rest of the bonesmarties. And I have a hard enough time staying out of trouble without you dragging me in too. :heehee:

BJ, you know I only do it because you have been my "partner in crime!':rotfl: Take a lesson from what has happened to me and please slow down! I truly am learning that others are here to help me and it is not in my best interest to try to do all that stuff! My Mom and my Hubby both gave me a lecture about overdoing it, especially my husband after the laundry incident last night! Please let your kids help you and slow down!:friends:
 
Janet, it has been an excellent lesson! I will be checking for interactions from now on. I have taken Celebrex for a long time, I just hadn't loaded up on the Motrin before!:yikes:
 
BJ, you know I only do it because you have been my "partner in crime!':rotfl: Take a lesson from what has happened to me and please slow down! I truly am learning that others are here to help me and it is not in my best interest to try to do all that stuff! My Mom and my Hubby both gave me a lecture about overdoing it, especially my husband after the laundry incident last night! Please let your kids help you and slow down!:friends:

Yes, yes, Partner!!! :friends: I know. Just as you know that I am truly trying to delegate and have others do things for me... Why do we have to be so hard headed and learn to slow down only when we are in a position where that is our only choice? :headbang: :thud:

I bet they were so very concerned for your safety and recovery. It sounds like they love you very much. It is good to be loved.

I have asked my kids to do lots of things for me. I hope that I am actually slowing down enough. I did go in my pool today and enjoyed myself with my kids and my granddaughter. She had me sit on a chair and have a tea party with her by the pool. (she is 4) She also wanted us to kick our feet in the pool, which I did for a while and then only my "good leg" and then I had to tell her that Grandma can't kick any more because my knee hurt. I let my mom and aunt finish dinner preparation while my one son grilled the burgers and dogs. And then I let them clean up after dinner, and my brother served the pie. It actually felt good to allow them all to serve. (awkward but good) --Now I seriously need a smilie with his foot up and ice on the knee---
 
Celle, We get ourselves in trouble with the over the counter drugs, like Motrin or Tylenol, which the doctor or pharmacist doesn't know we might take. There are so many interactions, they can't possibly tell us all of them. I guess they are assuming we are taking what is prescribed and not making things up on our own! But this is a good lesson!

Ah, I see!
Thanks for putting me straight, Janet.

I knew that Tylenol/Acetaminophen (we call it Panadol/Paracetamol here in NZ) didn't have to be prescribed, but I thought that Motrin might.

I can't take any of the medications that thin the blood (including Aspirin) as I have a minor bleeding disorder. Can't take any anti-inflammatories either. My pharmacy has that entered in their computer and they always check for me.
 
Sonja, you should post a pic of your calf here.

Sorry you are having this problem. I hope it's now at its worse and will be better. Let us know what Dr. M sez.

Good to see that you are flexible with your plans when the body isn't doing what you want it to do.
 
: BJ, ny hubby cooked, he and my brother-in-law (Ronnie) went shopping for everything, and Mom and Pat my hubby did cleanup. I was at the table to eat, then back to recliner to ice leg again. Pat and Mom are going to drive to Kansas, and Pat bought an air mattress that fits in the back of our SUV just in case I feel well enough to go. They are leaving at 10:00 a.m. So my leg has until then to decide! I want to go so very badly, but I know the deciding factor will be if my leg will let me! Quite a change in attitude don't you think! :wink:

I am so proud of you partner! You did well today! I must confess that I did a little walking to the end of the block to watch the fireworks. We didn't stay long, and then I came back in and got my leg back up, and iced it.
 
Sonja, you should post a pic of your calf here.

Sorry you are having this problem. I hope it's now at its worse and will be better. Let us know what Dr. M sez.

Good to see that you are flexible with your plans when the body isn't doing what you want it to do.
I posted a picture of the entire leg several posts ago! The thigh, calf, and ankle are all the same width! :gaah:
 
: BJ, ny hubby cooked, he and my brother-in-law (Ronnie) went shopping for everything, and Mom and Pat my hubby did cleanup. I was at the table to eat, then back to recliner to ice leg again. Pat and Mom are going to drive to Kansas, and Pat bought an air mattress that fits in the back of our SUV just in case I feel well enough to go. They are leaving at 10:00 a.m. So my leg has until then to decide! I want to go so very badly, but I know the deciding factor will be if my leg will let me! Quite a change in attitude don't you think! :wink:

I am so proud of you partner! You did well today! I must confess that I did a little walking to the end of the block to watch the fireworks. We didn't stay long, and then I came back in and got my leg back up, and iced it.

Sounds like you did well also. I did not get to see any fireworks though. :boohoo:

I am anxious to hear if you stay home after all... I am rather concerned about your getting in the back of the SUV and riding to Kansas on an air mattress. :yikes: Please be cautious, and take care of yourself...
 
Gosh Sonja, I have been away for a few days and all hell broke loose!! You are cetainly pushing your luck girl, and now so glad that you are listening to reason, and all the Bonesmarty advice you have been given - they are a real life saver, where would we be without the Bonesmart website! I am glad your mum is there now to chastise you and keep you in line, and hopefully no damage done, and you are back on track again thank God.

Sorry you had to miss you trip, but better that you get your leg and life back on track, and there are years ahead to push yourself if you want to. Time for that study while you are resting methinks. Take care friend, thinking of you xxx:friends:
 
Today is one of the toughest days I have had so far. I had to make the decision to send Hubby and Mom off to Kansas without me!:cry: I know that I had decided before, but that was when we were going to send Mom by plane! She didn't want to go and wanted to stay and take care of me so Pat took her. I am bummed out right now. I know, all the reasons that I shouldn't have gone, but try telling that to my heart!:sorry:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Maybe this will help a little, Sonja. Just keep the puppies close----and behave yourself!
 
Oh Judy, now I am crying all over again! We had decided that I might be able to go if I had an air mattress, so Mom had taken the puppies and boarded them where she lives. I know, I know, you didn't mean to make me cry! I really do appreciate you!

On a lighter note, I was telling them to take lots of pictures and my husband was looking at the camera and flipping through cruise photos I had forgotten about! He said "Wow honey, you really have lost a lot of weight even since the Cruise!" That was last April! It just made me feel great!:)
 
I'm sorry you missed the reunion, I know you really wanted to go. Knowing it's the best thing for you doesn't really help much right now but you have to do what's best for you. You have us here to keep you company. hmmm should that get a happy face or frowny face?
 
I'm sorry you missed the reunion, I know you really wanted to go. Knowing it's the best thing for you doesn't really help much right now but you have to do what's best for you. You have us here to keep you company. hmmm should that get a happy face or frowny face?
:yahoo:
 
So sorry, sweetie, wouldn't have done that for the world if I'd known. Here's a really big hug for you---
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Thanks, I know you wouldn't! :friends:I am supposed to be working on school work but can't get my heart into it. I have read everything I need to read, and my last two papers aren't due til Monday, so I am just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. I need to stop that though, because it just makes me miserable! I called T-Star and told them I would be in for PT tomorrow. I am excited! I can do a leg lift again without pain, because the swelling has gone down so much!
 
Sonja,
We cancelled our trip in June because of my knee pain. :gaah: We are now using the airline credits to go see the revisionist at the end of the month. Not exactly what I had in mind for a vacation.
Take good care of yourself and your boss, opps I mean your knee.:heehee:
Fantastic to hear about your weight loss and how great you look.
:friends:
 
Awwww, hang in there, Sonja!!! :cry:I am sad cause you are sad. I wish I could sit with you and watch a good movie and eat leftovers from yesterday and keep you company and we would keep each other from doing too much. :console2:

You did the right thing sending hubby and mom off to Kansas. I am praying that you can rest in knowing that, and find a way to be happy even though you are there alone. ((((hugs)))) :friends:
 
Here is a better picture of the "calf that blew up like a balloon!"
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
And yet... Her legs were shaved!

What a woman!

ChrisO
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom