Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well I have News!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

This morning when I woke up the rash had all but disappeared from my calf and around my ankle!:egypdance: I still have a couple of bumps but after a long night of prayer, things got better!:beg: I am still a little sore in the calf but nothing like I was. My GP saw me today and sent me for a Doppler scan to rule out a DVT and it came back negative!:yes!: Dr. Maale is having Katie start back with the lymph edema treatments to get the swelling under control, plus I am icing it. The news couldn't be any better! A slightly pulled muscle that was hurting like the dickens!:heehee: Thanks to all of you for your support and especially to

Orthodoc and Jamie for your opinions! I really do appreciate it!

Sonja,

I am very glad to hear of your good news. I am happy that I can provide you a small measure of support during your recovery.

Orthodoc
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Great new! Sonja. I am so relieved and happy for you! Now,
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
you stop being so hardheaded and behave yourself!!!!! Take care, keep us posted.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Fabulous news, Sonja.....I'm so happy to hear you are better.
 
Great new! Sonja. I am so relieved and happy for you! Now, you stop being so hardheaded and behave yourself!!!!! Take care, keep us posted.

I will try, :wink: , but that silly devilish side pops out when I'm not looking! :angel:
 
YAY!!! Sonja, it is great that God has blessed you once again. Isn't he good? Take care, and I do hope that you get to go on your trip next week.
 
OMG what a scare! Woman you are tougher than I can even imagine.

I wonder...has hyper bardic oxygen ever been used to speed healing and fight potential infections in knee revisions?

Chris
 
YAY!!! Sonja, it is great that God has blessed you once again. Isn't he good? Take care, and I do hope that you get to go on your trip next week.

Thanks BJ! The leg is responding well to the lymph edema treatment that Katie did yesterday! My pain is going down and the leg is softening! Katie has been my lifesaver more than once! I don't know what I would have done without her! She is the one who saved my knee :happydance: when it turned black and Dr. Maale was worried that he might have to amputate due to a loss of circulation! :thud:
 
OMG what a scare! Woman you are tougher than I can even imagine.

I wonder...has hyper bardic oxygen ever been used to speed healing and fight potential infections in knee revisions?

Chris

Chris, in my case, the enemy is within the body! MRSA "hides" and leaves rogue cells ready to jump when the immune system is comprised! I have MS as well so that has been a double whammy for Dr. Maale to deal with, because of having a auto-immune disease. He has pioneered new ways to combat infection, so I am so happy that he is in my life. Even though we got the all clear, from the knee, because of 8 previous rounds of MRSA, he will have me (along with the IS suggestion's) on a oral antibiotic for a year. If they come up with something that can identify all cells in the body, as to if one MRSA mutation is trying to change my chemistry, then Dr. Maale will have me as a subject! I am willing; I want to spare others the agony of this horrible mutant! :) He will keep me informed as they keep doing blood markers on me.
 
My first (okay, well maybe my second!) thought was cellulitis as it reminded me of when I had it.
I'm so sorry I was away when you needed me but delighted things are settling down.

You're one gutsy lady, Sonja!
 
Thank you so much Jo! Orthodoc and Jamie plus many others were able to keep me on track... And you know that's not an easy task! :rotfl:
 
Whew~ I get tired just reading all you've been through. I'm glad you're doing well and feeling better.
You know I feel like I have been through all of this for a reason. God has always been faithful in seeing me through the tough times! :yahoo: Learning to trust God,and rely less on my own strength has been a humbling but very rewarding experience! :angel:
 
Sonja, I can't go away for a few days without you having a potentially serious issue! Girl, I'm glad it's "only" a sprained muscle. Hope it resolves soon do you can go about pushing the envelope some more! :rofsign: :snork:
 
Hello Everyone!:)

Tomorrow I start back to working on my Master's in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation. I may not be around as much as usual (or this may be one of those classes that is so easy I am on all of the time.:heehee:) I doubt that though, because I have worked my self crazy every semester before taking off two for this knee. Please know that all of you will remain with me as I am working away writing thesis papers. I love this BoneSmartie group and I don't know what I would do without all of you!:thankyou:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
All work and no play will make Sonja a dull girl---so drop in once in a while to keep yourself sharp and so we won't miss you so much.
 
Back
Top Bottom