Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@RestAssured
All I can say is "AWESOME" :wowspring:I wanted to let you know, I am still exercising :happydance:
I am switching it up a bit... I will be doing W.W on line starting this weekend :spin:Dropping my gym,
( I can never get there ) started an obstacle course down the school in back of my house :dancy:
2 miles around, up & down hills, stairs & those football things the players push :egypdance:
Walking my dog 2 times a day:puppysmooze:For half hour each time :spin:Track for 1 mile :spin:
I have access to the pool at work starting this weekend :swim:Swimming for45 minutes :yahoo:
I'm not going to lie......Feeling Great....:yahoo::spin::yes!:Hope you are too :friends:
Taking Sonja's advice, living in the moment & getting my butt in gear :heehee:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@RestAssured
HAPPY 4th of JULY....:) It's so Hot & Muggy in Massachusetts, I feel like I'm in Texas :yikes:
You don't happen to have a Texas Tea for me :martini:Do you ? :rotfl:
Enjoy the Holiday,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Today,

I went back to the OS and they cut the cast off of my foot! I am back in a walking boot, and in two weeks they will reevaluate to decide if the healing is zipping along. The bone is back in place, and healing has begun!

Thank you Lord for hearing all the prayers that are being said daily!:angel:
 
Hallelujah! I'm still praying for you, Sonja.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk
 
@RestAssured
No Cast.....Priceless...:yes!::happydance::egypdance:Let the healing commence....:yahoo:
:angel:For healing thoughts coming your way ! It's still hot here, how's that Texas Tea coming ? :martini:
Have a great long weekend,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Progress! I bet it feels great to be out of the cast even if you're in a walking boot. Now just take care of that foot.
 
Well,

Abby had me exercising like crazy! I was in the pool and we did lots of swimming with me using upper body only! Talk about using your upper body! When you aren't kicking, your body is working twice as hard. I did a lot of treading water and different exercises.
 
I went swimming on my own since Abby wasn't there yesterday, and combined the hardest parts of Tuesday's and Thursday's workouts into one!:happydance:

On Th, when Abby kept telling me "upper body only, do not kick your feet", I suddenly realized that I was kicking my feet EXACTLY like she had been trying to get me to do!:loveshwr: She kept saying "You are overthinking this " every time I would swim, but yesterday, as I "heard" her in my head, my feet were fluttering behind me!:happydance:

I thought to myself, well :doh:, the back half of me would sink if I hadn't been moving!

Mind games, I tell you, mind games!:rotfl:

Of course, I am NOT stubborn, I am just SHY so maybe she needed to explain it and swim w me about 10,000 more times so my SHY self would have "gotten" her point! :snork:

I can now swim 400 yds without stopping. We are working on endurance and speed! After all, I have a marathon to Power walk in January that I would not miss for the world!:happydance::yes!::wowspring:
 
Impressive, Sonja! You're looking downright normal!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Janet,

Wow!

Do you know how great that makes me feel?!:happydance:

Abby said, look at those skinny wrists and awesome biceps when we were working out the other day!

Well, I stopped to look at my "skinny" wrists :happydance: and she said what are you doing? I said looking at what you told me to look at! LOL. She told me to get busy again.

My health has improved so much to the point I have to think about the last time I had a cold or the flu. I had pneumonia last year, but it goes away much quicker than it used to.

When I was born, they thought I would die from insufficient oxygen with the cord wrapped around my neck. I proved them wrong then, fought through childhood respiratory illnesses and continue to get stronger as I get healthier! The older I get the better I am!:loveshwr:
 
Who is going along to film your marathon Sonja? I mean it is noteworthy and insprational...someone really should make a documentary of your story!
 
Actually,

I will be making a documentary of my journey from the start of my 435 pound journey with my first OS, to my progress with Dr. Maale, the discussion of the different personal trainers from where I was then until today. My personal training started w Tori, then Felice, Soli for Biggest Loser and Boot Camp, Jill, Mikiala, and finally Abby! They will all have input and I will post pictures of what I looked like with each trainer. :idea:

I will also post pictures of exercise I did along the way, as well as what I am able to do now culminating with the half marathon in Houston that @RunA42K and I will do together!:happydance:

For the record, she is an expert in marathons!:) If you had asked me even when I was in college and athletic if I could ever see myself "power walking" a half marathon, I would have died laughing!:rotfl:

Now, I love the idea of another challenge to check off my "bucket list!":loveshwr::happydance:

It will all be edited and put into video form for all to see! I am so humbled, but so honored that I have been asked to do this!

God has been so good to me!

I am happy to give back to help anyone else who is looking for inspiration!:yahoo:
 
I look forward to seeing the completed project! I think what you are doing and the way you are meeting each challenge (and yes coming out of your shell more and more ;) ) it so awesome and awe-inspiring...I am happy for you and that you are doing this. I like the way your sense of humour is helping too...I think that is what helps me most days, that I can laugh and not take myself too seriously. Keep up the great work!!!
 
:rotfl:Well....

@JustmeT

Thank you Just!

My sense of humor and "shyness" comes courtesy of my Dad who I lost when he was 52! One thing I remember him telling me shortly before he died was to always be myself!

Funny, but all of my relatives say I take after him and that I am the " life of the party!":rotfl:

Even though I am terribly "shy":blush::snork:

Honestly though, I love living, taking on new challenges, and I will be embarking on a life changing adventure soon! Stay tuned to this station for further developments.....:happydance::cool:

P.s. Do you ever wonder if people think I might be crazy calling you "Just" when your name is Tessa? If so, then they haven't been invited into our secret decoder club yet!:rotfl: :loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"P.s. Do you ever wonder if people think I might be crazy calling you "Just" when your name is Tessa?" I think people just think you are crazy period...:rotfl:! The secret decoder club, sounds like we are Marvel Agents of Shield, hahahhha! What covert and nefarious deeds have we been up too mmmmmmm? I shall not reveal to anyone without the secret decoder the actions of this oh so secret club.
 
:cool: @JustmeT ,

Just,

Your mission should you choose to take it, is to be happy and come up with great ideas!:happydance:
Now, after you have read this message, you must wad it up and eat it so it stays "secret!:skep:

Your undercover operative in laughter! :rotfl:

My undercover operative name will be known as "Rest!" :snork:
 
Back
Top Bottom