Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

If you mean by resting, that I am not doing any FORMAL exercise then yes!:loveshwr:

I might be doing some serious shopping if my foot cooperates though. It is getting better every day!:loveshwr::happydance:

As for Abby, all I can say at this point is that she is a brave woman to continue on. The weekend can't come quickly enough for her!:cry:
 
Well.....:thud:,

So much for MY relaxing weekend. My eye had been giving me grief for the past two days, and it knew it had to be "pink eye." So I went to an emergi clinic and while I was there, I thought, my foot is just not getting back on track as fast as "I" want it to! So I had them look at it expecting to near the same thing "you have arthritis, as usual!" I wasn't prepared for the news I received instead. The 5th metatarsal is broken and displaced!:cry:

I took a minute, listened as they were talking about OS's and then said, how much will this affect my exercise routine?! :heehee: The doctor stopped and looked at me as if I were nuts, and I said, can I still swim? She said if you feel up to it. Lift weights? Upper body only. I have to wear the boot and use crutches again!:shrug:
 
Oh no! Poor you at least now it is diagnosed you can get it to mend quickly by doing the right things tho help it heal.

Shortie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RestAssured
:yikes:...... Good on you for having them look at your foot. Better to know & take care of it.
You might of decided to walk a 26 mile Marathon :heehee: How is your eye ?
How long in the boot & on crutches ?
Take Care,
Diana :loveshwr:......get your foot up, Sonja.......:elevate:
 
@Shortie and @new knee in June,

Thanks for the thoughts on my foot! :loveshwr::chillpill: I rested last night with an ice pack, actually took a Loratab that the doctor prescribed and woke up at noon with a soggy bed from a melted ice pack! LOL. Now that is some kind of sleeping!:loveshwr::loveshwr::happydance:

I "decided" to get up and start laundry and bebop around the house barefoot, and the foot "decided" to help me find my crutches! This foot is starting to act like my knee did; thinking it is boss!:heehee:
 
Well, I am tired of the boot already!:gaah:

Can anyone believe that!:rotfl: It is heavy, cumbersome, and it is cramping my style!:driver:

I see the OS foot specialist this week, and I expect to hear, "Sonja, your foot is doing so well that there is no need for any exercise restrictions or even the boot or crutches!":snork:

And now, back to the real world..... It was fun while it lasted!
 
Oh no Sonja - you have no luck at all - last year it was capsie and this year it's footsie :elevate::heehee:

I guess you need to cut out all weight bearing exercises :dancy: and take it easier :chillpill:

I had a 3 week non-weight-bearing period a few months ago when they thought the the long tibial stem might have cracked the bone. I was only allowed to walk to the bathroom with crutches/walker. I did a lot of leg lift type exercises, spent a lot of time in the aqua pool doing exercises and things like deep water running where your feet don't touch the ground and I did hand weights.:swim:

I hope that this setback passes soon :hugzz:
 
Well,

Thursday the verdict for the foot will be in! I am praying "No Surgery!" :beg:After all 3 weeks is a little late to think about such things in my humble "non-doctor" opinion!:snork: I also do not see a need to cast it, because after all, it IS the middle of Summer in TX and I would need to stick my foot in a freezer all the time!:ice: So, I believe the best scenario, is listening to the inner "Sonja"!:happydance:

After all she NEVER gets herself in trouble!:chillpill::rotfl:
 
@RestAssured
Dear Dr. Sonja,
I like your diagnosis :heehee: No boot, no restrictions, no surgery, just rest & :ice:( the last one
May be a problem for you ):wink: I will say a :angel:For you on Thursday. Please don't argue with
The doctor, the poor man doesn't know you.
R= Rest
E= everyone especially
S= Sonja, until...
T= Thursday
Feel Better :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Well, because I could not work out on land today, Abby and I were in the water swimming 500 yds in total!:swim: We did the backstroke,breaststroke, and freestyle until Sonja was worn out and tired!:swoon::rotfl:
 
Today, Abby put me to the ultimate test! Remember, I can't use my lower body so we are still swimming!:swim: Anyway, Abby said, you have 10 minutes. I want you to see if you can get 10 laps in! Well, I did, because she said, you always say you are competitive so show everyone! She got me fired up! Well, after that, I thought yippee :yes!::happydance: I am finished. As someone who doesn't look at the clock, there was still time left and then Abby said, now we will test your mental toughness! See how many laps you can get in the next 10 minutes!:scare: Well, I gave it my all, and did 9 more laps!:happydance::egypdance::cool:

By the way, my foot doesn't hurt anymore! I think it must be healed!:heehee:
 
@RestAssured
:yikes: Cliff Diving ? I am back in the Witness Protection Program :scary:Find me if you can...:bolt:
That Abby is a sneaky one, I am a big clock watcher. She never would of gotten away with that
On my watch. :rotfl::rotfl::rofsign:( Get it, my watch ) :rofsign:
Diana :walking::walking:
 
She doesn't give me "time" to look at any clock! I take every precious second I get of down time (which aren't many) either

A. Gasping for air as Abby is telling me to put my hands behind my head breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth:bored:

B. Getting a quick drink of water before I hear the 3,2,1 countdown! I NEVER let it get to zero! I would be doing a lot of "reinforcement" swimming if I waited too long!:bignono:

So, as you can see, I really don't have to be on land to get an excellent workout from Abby! She challenges me wherever I am!:loveshwr::happydance::wowspring:
 
Back
Top Bottom