Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

@RestAssured
Sorry, I thought tomorrow was Thursday :doh:Doctors will Blacklist you if you are too
Difficult :rotfl: Still, will say a prayer for you :angel:Hope things turn out well.
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well..... I have only had one ahem "doctor" fire me and that was because I told him his PT buddy was running a "Cash Cow" business! He has 4 PT clinics in different towns, and he and 3 PTAs run from clinic to clinic on different days. Most of the time you are seen by an aide! Not only is it unethical, it's illegal.:headbang:
 
Gee, I miss your thread for a couple of days and you go and break your foot! Maybe you need bubble wrap boots. :heehee: Hope it heals quickly.
 
Sorry to hear of your break!! Please be as careful as you can be! (((Hugs)))
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!

Abby had me swimming for endurance and speed today! I swam 950 yds!:yawn::happydance:

Tomorrow I will have the verdict on my foot! I am praying that the decision will be "No Surgery!":angel:

In a months time:
We weighed today and I gained 7 pounds and have gained inches everywhere except my calves, where I lost 1/2 inch. I did not make ANY excuses; I simply took responsibility for myself! Abby said we have a lot to overcome, but as everyone knows, I am NOT a quitter!:happydance::cool:

Oh, I forgot to mention that Ran into the back of an elderly woman's car . The light turned green, and she started going and so did I. Suddenly she hit her brakes and I didn't. This 80 something frail little lady, shot out of her car and called me every name she had ever learned! It was quite a site, but I kept my composure saying "yes Ma'am" over and over again, thinking, she is old enough to be my Grandma!:heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The verdict is in! I am in a cast to see if the displaced bone will heal without surgery. If we don't see progress in 6 weeks, they will go in and pin it together! Then it will be another 6-12 weeks. If there is healing going on, then they are going to leave my foot in the cast for a total of 12 weeks!:doh: Getting a little nervous, but they put a waterproof cast on so I can continue to work out w Abby! LOL. That cast will drag me to the bottom of the pool!:rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
With that cast on you will be in great shape from dragging that thing through the water. Wishing you healthy circulation to your feet so that bone can heal.
 
Well, one of the nicest inventions ever is Air Conditioning!:happydance::yes!::egypdance: This cast is a temporary setback; I have had a nap, I am over my pity party, the OS made this cast special so that I could continue my swimming workout!:wowspring::chillpill: He, my new OS is a sports medicine doctor, which is right up my alley,:swim:, which he will help me get back to :running:! Life can't get any better than that!:biking::hiking::treadmill::upright::happydance::roseshwr::loveshwr::wave::happydance:
 
Well, I thought I would take some pictures so everyone can see the "new" me!

In one picture, I am doing a straight leg lift w weight!:heehee:
In another, I am just showing off the beautiful color of my "accessories":snork:
The most important is a reminder that no matter what I have been through, or will go through, I will remember to be thankful, because my situation is only temporary! I admire the woman in the picture though! She has overcome more than I have had to face!:wow:

By the way, I am choosing to give life all I've got also! We only have one life, one chance, our attitude determines our outcome! No excuses from me, just "hang on enjoy the ride, or join me, because life keeps getting better and better!":loveshwr::happydance::cool:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 227
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 210
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice purple-pink cast! :console2: It's non-weight-bearing I guess? The broken foot is a set-back, but it's temporary.

Broken bones are like knee replacements - they take as long as they need to take, to heal.

It was very nice of your specialist to give you a cast that allows you to continue swimming.

Hugs, my friend!
 
Yes it is a non-weight bearing, and it was having trouble with that until I bought a knee trike! Now, I am zooming around everywhere, and I am feeling more like the "Sonja" of old!:happydance:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 178
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 183
Can you take a picture of you "rolling on the floor laughing" and then get into a plank or push-up position and we will photoshop the pictures I have of me with you!:snork::yahoo:

@Celle
 
Back
Top Bottom