Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Glad you have the shoes sorted out - hope that they help with your training - 15 minutes it pretty fast :running:

I am also keen to know why the ban on cotton socks:walking::what:
 
Glad you have the shoes sorted out - hope that they help with your training - 15 minutes it pretty fast :running:

I am also keen to know why the ban on cotton socks:walking::what:
@RunA42K,

Could you give everyone an explanation? I was too busy limping and hurting to let their "why's" soak in! :snork:

The foot is making a remarkable comeback though! The pain is such today that I don't need Tylenol. Yesterday, I needed Loratab in big quantities! Too bad I didn't take any, any settled for 2 Aleve instead! :heehee:
 
Socks 101 on my thread...see link below in my signature.
 
I actually have the Brooks Addiction 10 (now 11), not the Ariel. I used to have the Ariel, which is for moderate to severe over pronation also. I'm glad you found a good fit and the right shoe for you. Cotton Kills is the thing to remember. They are absorbent but don't dry, and are actually very rough, so can cause blisters more easily. A two layer sock helps prevent blisters. The first time my daughter and I went to Utah hiking, we got terrible blisters, and then discovered hiking socks. Better prepared the last two times we went, we had no blistering issues at all. You can wear a thin sock under a heavier sock as well.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks for the replies about the socks @RunA42K and @Janet2012!

One of the weird problems my MS presents is my brain ALWAYS thinks my feet are cold; summer, winter, spring, fall. When I touch my feet, they are warm to the touch, but my brain is not relaying that! That is one of the reasons I have been wearing heavy cotton socks! It "psychs" my brain out!:snork: For instance, we are having 100+ days but I can't wear sandals because my feet would freeze!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RunA42K , has posts in this part of her thred on the importance of appropriate socks. Page 175 in @RestAssured , thread.
Bonnie, learning to use hashtags so information like this is not lost to future members.
 
I checked out the socks I wear every day, they never wear out and my feet do a happy dance when I put them on.
The are all synthetic, technifit was the name of the material. The are ForBareFeet socks, Made in the USA.
They make the socks for most of the professional sports leagues in the US.
 
Sonja, then you would probably like the double layer socks, because for a lot of people they are too warm.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Yes, especially when we race in January! If my brain thinks my feet are cold in 100 degree weather.... What will it think in avg 45-60 degree weather?:snork:
 
I forgot to say that I went to my plus size favorite store and bought the smallest 2 pairs of workout shorts they carry! I told them, it is tough to say goodbye but they have "outgrown me!" :happydance:
 
Pretty soon you'll be saying goodbye to your favorite plus size store!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Yes Janet! Sadly enough these shorts are my favorite to work out in, and I have gone from a 5X to an XL. They don't have any smaller sizes!:nah: Whatever will I do then?:snork:
 
Here you are! Lost you for awhile Sonja! Sounds like you continue to do fabulously. So happy for and proud of you. Getting down to an XL is so amazing. You go girl!
 
Ok...... I kicked my butt into gear AFTER my workout w Abby and got on the elliptical! I was able to do a mile in 13:00! Yippee!:loveshwr::happydance::egypdance::cool:

Tomorrow, well Jill came up to me w a mischievous grin on her face and I said "we are swimming aren't we," when we meet?!:beg: Jill said, "well, first I think we will head outside for 30 minutes and get a fast walk in!" I said wait!!!! That is at 1 pm and it will be over 100! She giggled and said, that's why I'm telling you now so you will put on sunscreen and dress accordingly! My cooling towels will be put to good use as well as my cool hat and everything else cool that I can think of!:dubious:
:rotfl:
@RunA42K , Jill said we are doing this for your own good! I told her in January, it isn't 100+ degrees! Jill is quick with comebacks though , because she said well it will feel like a cool breeze and easy to handle in January then! She is determined, as is Abby to make sure I am ready!:giggle::whistle::umm:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Challenges have become your middle name! Go for it! (I'll just watch from here on the sidelines with my cold glass of water!)
 
Challenges have become your middle name! Go for it! (I'll just watch from here on the sidelines with my cold glass of water!)

You are correct @NightQuilter! I have always loved challenges, and Abby and Jill know that! They use that and my competitive spirit to bring out the best in me! To think I would ever walk a half marathon before I met these two trainers would have been a slim possibility! They have me believing that I can do almost anything I put my mind and heart into and that is the key to my success!:):happydance::egypdance::cool:
 
Back
Top Bottom