Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Brooks Ariel is what I use, on the advice of PT. They are good for any over pronators. It's not like if you only mildly over pronate that they will force your feet into under pronation. They stabilize motion for any degree of over pronation.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thank you @Janet2012 , and @RunA42K, I will go to the running store for a further explanation and report back. Possibly this is what she was thinking when she fitted me.
 
Well, as I found out the hard way, the shoes that I was using in the mean time are for severe over pronators. My feet are killing me, and the inside of my legs are suffering. I must go to neutral, since mine was very slight!:bricks::groan:
 
Brooks Ariel is what I use, on the advice of PT. They are good for any over pronators. It's not like if you only mildly over pronate that they will force your feet into under pronation. They stabilize motion for any degree of over pronation.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Brooks Ariel are a motion control shoe with massive control pushing you to the outside. If this amount of control is not needed it will play havoc with IT Bands and hips. Stability comes in mild, moderate and major in almost any brand, it is not a one size fits all under any circumstances.
 
Sonja,
I hope they let you trade the Ariel for another shoe and you are not out your $$$$ for their error.
Sorry they did not fit your appropriately.
 
I am getting a much needed education on proper footwear! :wowspring:What do you call the condition where you put pressure on the outerside of your heels when walking?
 
Actually, I don't have the Brooks Ariel's yet! They had to order them since the medium width they carry was too tight on this gal's feet! They ordered a 2X but I am going to limp in tomorrow and have them change the order. The shoes I was wearing were called "Gravity Defeyers". The only thing they defied was my feet!:snork:

Bonnie,

It will take 10 days for them to get my shoes in. I am sending pictures of two pair of New Balance that I have never worn. Please tell me which one would be more neutral until I can get my new shoes! Thanks! shoes
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 224
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
Sonja,
The model # is on the label, that will make it easier for Bonnie to advise.
 
Actually, I don't have the Brooks Ariel's yet! They had to order them since the medium width they carry was too tight on this gal's feet! They ordered a 2X but I am going to limp in tomorrow and have them change the order. The shoes I was wearing were called "Gravity Defeyers". The only thing they defied was my feet!:snork:

It will take 10 days for them to get my shoes in. I am sending pictures of two pair of New Balance that I have never worn. Please tell me which one would be more neutral until I can get my new shoes! Thanks!

Sonja, I looked at both pictures...the one with that kinda gray outlined octagon shaped thing is the motion control. The other one which is all white along the arch (inside of the shoe) would be the more neutral of the two. On almost any shoe you can almost always spot 'stability/motion control' by looking at the arch side of the shoe, it is never on the outer side of the shoe.
 
I am getting a much needed education on proper footwear! :wowspring:What do you call the condition where you put pressure on the outerside of your heels when walking?
@JustmeT Everyday people come in and say, "I walk on the outsides of my feet, look at my heels, they are really worn down." Well actually all a worn heel says is that you are a heel striker. What we look at is the wear on the forefoot. If on the forefoot you wear your shoes out on the big toe side of your shoe, then you are pronating. If you wear your shoes out on the side of your shoe where your pinky toe is, then you are supinating. What ever type of shoe that anyone wears the place to look for wear to know that you have proper alignment is wearing your shoe in the forefoot right through the middle. If you were wearing a stability shoe and your wear is right in the middle of the foot then you know that, that amount of stability is right for you. If you are wearing a neutral shoe and the wear is not in the middle you probably need a stability shoe. I've been doing this since 1999, and being a marathon runner, you learn real fast what foot wear is right for you. No two feet are the same as any other person. Where as one person loves a New Balance, another loves Asics. Everybody's feet has a preferred brand and it is just a matter of finding what your feet like best by trying on lots of shoes. Sometimes someone might say..."My brother in law runs marathons and he says that I should get some Brooks, they are the best." Well that person does not have his brother in laws feet." The best shoe is the one that feels best on your foot in the proper category! My feet love Asics and Adidas best!
 
Thanks Bonnie! I will wear the neutral ones and visit "Run this Way" to change to one of the Brooks neutral brands! I am also going to take Friday off from exercising and give my body a 3 day rest!:loveshwr::happydance: It will thank me!:roseshwr:
 
Ok, I limped in this morning, and they switched me to the Brooks Glycerin men's medium! I walked in wearing a man's 4E that we had decided on last night. I had those shoes laced so tight. When I tried to lace what she had already done, she said, why are you tightening them? I said, I thought they were "supposed" to be tight! Well I learned something new today! shoes
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!!!!! :spin::dancy::happydance::yay::wowspring::egypdance:Oh Sonja I am so pleased!! Yes you have on the Brooks Glycerin. It will be a great shoe for you and a nice pretty blue too. We sell them as well. I got a pair just like those yesterday (for free) a women's 7.5 in bright neon yellow. What a huge difference from the New Balance you were wearing and the heavy clunky frankenstein Ariel. I can't wait to hear how the Glycerin is working for you! Good job...

Oh, and you see all of that SOLID white foam along the inner side of your shoe, it shows that it is completely neutral!!
 
Next we need to talk about socks...NO COTTON SOCKS...not for working out...very bad.
 
Funny that you should say that about my socks! :rotfl: They said the EXACT same thing and threw in a 10.00 pair of socks! They gave me 25% off the shoes making the total 117.00! :wowspring:
 
@RestAssured
Hi Sonja :wave:
I'm happy you found a pair of sneakers that are comfortable :) Until your new one's
Come in. Enjoy your 3 days off, you deserve it. Although I don't believe it :heehee:
Enjoy the weekend & then back to training :swim::treadmill::walking::walking:
I'm curious about the socks also, I wear nylon at the gym. I really don't like thick cotton socks.
Take Care,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom