Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I'm not sure what those are Sonja, they just need to be soft enough to NOT push you to the outside like your New Balance have been doing. I know you said once that either Jill or Abby had run a marathon before, which everone that was, I just bet they might know something about stability and neutral, pronation or supination. Those New Balance are making you Supinate and messing with your I T Band. Ask them until you can get to a running store.
 
Well the shoes are helping! They have "springs" in the heel and it is helping with the heel roll toe keeping my foot in line. Abby said these were better for me than the others. Both Jill and Abby have run marathons; when I told Jill, she said great, training starts tomorrow! What!:sick: I still have 7 months! :rotfl: Procrasting seems like a better idea to me. I am doing the National Walk/Run 3 mile tomorrow night, and Jilll wants me to practice my "wagging!":thud:
 
Well, no National run/walk night for me! The temp was still above 100 at 7:30 pm, and Abby and I decided it was to risky for me to chance it! I had worked out twice today,so that was enough!:bored:
 
@RestAssured
All kidding aside.....I am very proud of you & Bonnie :) Unfortunately I am a step above a
Couch potato. I don't mean to be, I just am. It's 70 degrees here & I think it's Hot....I don't
Think I would do to well if it was 100 degrees out :yikes: Did you ever re- schedule your job
Interview ?
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Good luck with your interviews, you are the best!

Well, I wouldn't say the best!:rotfl:
I arrived early for my interview, and they had these fancy official brochures talking about reasons why I should want to work for their company. I scanned it and noticed a misspelled word. Well. I thought they were testing us to see if we could catch grammatical errors, so I asked the Big Boss about it. He looked at the brochure, said that no they hadn't been testing us, but he had looked at it over a hundred times and never caught it! I told him it was ok, my brain is wired that way. He said that was a very good quality to possess. By the way, I found out later, I would be writing correspondence for him!:rotfl: That is if I got the job!
 
At @new knee in June,

I understand about your walking one mile! Hey, that is wonderful!:happydance: I am so proud of you and of course I am kidding about 13.1 miles. Jill and I were discussing it yesterday, and I said so, I guess I can start when it gets cooler. She said, " No, your friend is way ahead of you since her body has done marathons!" You , Sonja will start with a program that will build you up starting tomorrow! No time to waste! :bolt:What have I gotten myself into?:scary:
 
@RunA42K,

Well....... I think I should have waited until September to tell Abby and Jill about the 13.1 marathon!:rotfl:
Abby and I did 3 miles today in 55 minutes; a personal best; down from 1:15! LOL. She said "we will have you ready!" :thud::whistle:
 
That is awesome Sonja!! You are doing great! It was 100 here yesterday and all the time I hear people say..."It's just to hot to run!" I say hey.... "Just be glad that you are physically able to run! No complaints about the weather please!!!!" Today they offered me the store as our manager is leaving. I'll not only manage the store but also go give clinics to running/walking/fitness groups about proper footwear and equipment/gear ie., hydration, nutrition etc., I am very flattered and of course I said yes!!!
 
That is awesome Sonja!! You are doing great! It was 100 here yesterday and all the time I hear people say..."It's just to hot to run!" I say hey.... "Just be glad that you are physically able to run! No complaints about the weather please!!!!" Today they offered me the store as our manager is leaving. I'll not only manage the store but also go give clinics to running/walking/fitness groups about proper footwear and equipment/gear ie., hydration, nutrition etc., I am very flattered and of course I said yes!!!
Thanks Bonnie!

Abby and Jill are both VERY excited about helping me reach my goal! Jill runs in the Houston 13.1 marathon, so she will be there at the finish line cheering us on! Abby kept telling me "pick up the pace, you aren't even breathing hard!" Well, next Friday, I am sure she will think that I should cover more distance in less time! She knows my competitive side and uses it to get me going!:tada:

Congratulations on the promotion! I know you will be awesome! You already are!:yahoo:
Oh and by the way tell the people who are complaining we are in the triple digits as well!
 
WTG (way to go) Sonja, you are wow! I may not comment much but I do keep up with your progress and you are an inspiration!!!

Also, awesome stuff Bonnie (aka @RunA42K), grats on your promotion.
 
@JustmeT ,

Just, you make me blush! I am not doing anything that anyone else could not do. I am so happy to see you again though! My old friends that are out living life are missed and it is nice when you "pop in" from time to time! Now, how about walking the 13.1 with us in Houston?!:loveshwr:
 
I signed up for the half marathon in Houston for January 18th 2015!:happydance: I am sponsoring "Bo's Place". My bib will read RestAssured! How cool is that!!!! :loveshwr: I am having a rest day, and tomorrow I will be increasing my stamina in the pool! On Monday, I am going to "Run this Way", to find my proper fit!:yes!: My goodness, 8 months ago NONE of this would have been possible! I believe in my knee again!:roseshwr::wowspring:

I need to add to this statement; I believe in my knee and I believe in ME!:happydance::cool:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well today was swimming day and it did not go as well as I would have liked! I am frustrated! Some days, everything "clicks" in my head and I am swimming like I did when I was in college! Today, I was floundering, as if I had never swam before!:gaah:

Oh well, tomorrow is another day! I will get my swimming "Nemo" back and just keep swimming' :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom