Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

At @new knee in June,

What a wonderful compliment!:happydance: Thank you, you made my day!

Now for some late breaking news since I can't sleep! I had lost .7 of a pound instead of gaining weight!:yay: Abby had me swimming like "Nemo" today! 100 yds, running, 100. 50 yds running 50, sprinting Swimming 25 running 25 yds. Then we reversed it did it again and did lots of other exercises!:egypdance:

At 6:00 am I will be reporting for yoga, then to Abby again at 8:00 for us to go outside for a "little":rotfl: Walk! Three miles was our little walk last time! :)

Then in the afternoon, I have a JOB interview! I hope it works out! Prayers are appreciated! Goodnight everyone, the sandman is calling my name!:alarm:
 
Wishing you all the best for your job interview today!
Happy to hear of all your progress with Abby and Jill, enjoy your walk in the morning.
 
Well,

Job interview was postponed by me until Monday. This was not the day to concentrate on what they were asking me. My IT band went crazy on our walk, and Abby said "which yoga pose do you think caused it?!" To be honest at 6:00 am I am still sleep yogaing so I don't know!:yawn:

Then I got news from a good friend's husband who had a major revision, rod put in, bones knit back together and on and on, that after 3 weeks she has a major infection and is in ICU in San Antonio! She needs to get back to Dr. Maale but isn't stable enough yet!:scaredycat:

This has just added to a down day, so please keep Amy in your thoughts and prayers!
 
Sonja,
We are both having down days, my Aunt passed this morning, it has been a very sad day.
I will keep your friend in my prayers.
 
@Pumpkln

Prayers going up for your family! We will get through the tough times; after all tough times won't last forever for either of us, but we are both tough cookies!:console2:
 
@RestAssured
Sonja,
Is your sleep yogaing like my sleepwalking around the track ? :tiredwheel: I swear I am not awake
For the first mile :heehee:
Have a restful Weekend :SUNsmile:
Diana :yawn: :walking::walking:
 
OK,

I think I have lost my mind but here it goes......:doh: I am going to walk 13.1 miles with @RunA42K in January!:scare: Now, I know that I will definitely need to increase my speed and endurance, as Bonnie is used to the full marathons! When I started this journey, I thought, hmmm, it would be nice to walk without braces on my legs.

Then it became, I would love to conquer the recumbent bike....the elliptical....doing planks, swimming the freestyle, the breast stroke, and the back stroke, to Abby talking me into Zumba, Jill casually mentioning yogalates, and Abby telling me yoga classes are at 6:00 am! :thud:

Not to mention Boot Camp, endless drills that Abby, and staff have made up w and w/out weights both in and out of pool, and running up the stairs switching feet, and coming down without holding handrails!:egypdance:

So let's see 13.1 miles at Bonnie's pace? Yes, I will be ready!:happydance:
 
Sonja and Bonnie,
Best wishes to both of you for this walk!

I think it's going to be an attainable goal. :):yay:
 
That's what personal trainers are for. You got this! I believe in you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
You can do it. I have no doubt. Always include specific training no matter the goal. So, if the goal is a 50 mile bike ride...cycle a lot and work up to it. The same applies to walking...each week a little longer. I look forward to your finish.
 
You bet you can do it Sonja and I am so happy that I can be with you to achieve this goal. A training plan will be in order, get with Jill and Abby. I am only 6 months post op today so I really don't think that I need to get too serious yet until September then I'll be 9 months post op. My first TKR I did the 1/2 marathon in 2:47 and this time for this 1/2 marathon I'll be 13 months post op and in great shape! Looking so forward to it! You and I should be on the Bonesmart home page, in place of those two swimming!
 
Yes Bonnie, but you will be dancing and I will be laying across the finish line gasping for breath! 2:47 after first TKR?! Now you will be in GREAT shape?:thud: They might as well have a stretcher and an ambulance with my name on it!:bawl::dubious:

Abby already got started today with an hour of cardio! We did the elliptical, at high levels and in the climbing mode. Then we did the bike, at 100 mph and high resistance to simulate hills! After that she put me on a new machine; the stair stepper! Good grief! I thought I was going to die before the hour was up, as Abby kept urging me to go faster and faster!:umm::)
 
@RunA42K,

I remembered I had these gravity defier shoes in my closet. Are they better for me than the New Balance I was wearing. I hope to get to the running store soon to get a proper fit!:happydance:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom