Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well today I had my leg manipulated every way it would go to see if there was any damage! I had seen this Athletic Sports Therapist when I was going through PT for the two weeks that I was there. He said that a lot of strengthening in the muscles was needed. Today, he said that my muscles have become well developed, even the VMO which is the hardest to target.

So, I started back today w a vengeance!:yahoo: Life is wonderful, and I couldn't be happier!:happydance::egypdance::loveshwr:

I worked out w Mikala and then did 2.2 miles in 30 minutes on the ellipitical! She is a killer!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@new knee in June,

The "old athlete" in me has returned! I get that "exercise high" and it is hard to turn off! I love it!:yahoo:

Come visit and I will help you experience a true "exercise high!":wowspring:
 
@RestAssured
Your Attitude reminds me of my husband.....His 2 famous sayings are....
"Pain is just weakness, leaving the body" ( old football saying ) & I'm not burning Daylight.
My famous saying is " I think I will live vicariously through Sonja":rotfl: From the couch :loll:
Carry On :upright:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
@new knee in June ,

Life takes on new meaning when you have conquered what many people told me couldn't be done! I am a "little stubborn' :cool:, and if someone tells me, I should save my knees for the future, I tell them the future is now, we never know what tomorrow holds! My journey has been longer than most people will ever have to experience, but I have learned valuable lessons along the way. I am so blessed; God chose me to give hope to others!:angel:
 
@RestAssured

"The future is now". A truer word was never said.

I learned today that a friend, younger than me, died suddenly in her sleep. She was apparently fit and well, still working full-time. We have lost several friends who died too young. Do what you can, while you can!
 
Today was Yoga with Jill day!:egypdance:

My balance is getting better all the time as Jill keeps upping the progression of yoga moves! Now, I have NOT done a headstand or handstand, and if you see a picture it won't be of me! :rotfl:
 
@RestAssured yes, the good ole vmo. Been working that one. Slow, but sure. It is hard to tell at first if that is that is the one I am hitting, but got it figured out. Glad you are so active. I cannot wait for that exercise "high" again. I did this TKR for that alone. With MDD, it is the very best medicine out there. I wait to the day to get that back. Two years ago, before my zumba injury, I was working out 5-6 days/week doing all kinds of stuff. That endorphin high, ahhhhhh. I cannot WAIT. Yea you for all you are able to do despite many obstacles that you have overcome.
 
Ok, we are in the middle of a 15 day Namaste (Peace be with you) Yoga challenge! I will show a few poses that I have done so far. If you break out in spontaneous laughter, you're welcome for the comedy!:rotfl:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 177
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 178
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 193
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 185
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 179
Awww... Shucks @Celle

Now you are making me blush!:)

Today Abby was my trainer and I was in the pool. We started with swimming 100 yds, then running 100 yds, then swam 75 yds, and ran 75 yds, then 50 yds, and ran 50 yds, down to as fast as I could swim 25 yds and run 25 yds. We were going to reverse it and do the whole thing thing again, but Abby asked me a question, and my "Shy" side left me and before we knew it, it was time to go home!:wink:
 
Hi Sonja, I have not been here for awhile and thought I would check to see how you are doing. What I have read here sounds very positive and I am seeing a happier side of you. I know what a tough road you have had. Keep up the push and drive. Nancy
 
@RestAssured Sonja,
You're the poster child for the motto: "Tough times don't last - tough people do." :yes!::dancy::SUNsmile:

I know you still have some challenges, but you will face them with your usual courage and determination. :friends:
Hugs!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
I am back from the reunion in Missouri! Had a great time and got off the plane in time to race back in 2 1/4 hours to work out with Abby! It usually takes 2 3/4 hours, but I found a few "shortcuts!" :heehee:

We worked hard today but when Abby said we are going to weigh Thursday, my heart jumped into my throat! I enjoyed my vacation waaay to much and I gained 3 pounds!:scary: Abby is going to kill me! Instead of Yoga w Jill tomorrow, I will be Sweating with Abby! Must get back to being serious again!:good-bad: The shirt "I am Second" means that God is first!
 
Thanks @Celle!

Abby had me working my butt off again today, and said "we will determine your swimming workout after tomorrow's weigh in!":thud: If no one hears from me again, that will mean I drowned from exhaustion!:dubious::rotfl:
 
@RestAssured
I hope you don't mind me saying...."you are absolutely Gorgeous" what a wonderful photo.
Your smile is brilliant. O.K. Now you can :blush: :blush: :blush: Away :heehee:
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :wave::loveshwr::loveshwr::wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom