Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Yes, I'm very familiar with that old chestnut. I'm a year older than my hubby--so every time I enter a new decade, I hear about it. So this year I'll be 70 and he'll still be 69---and the jokes will go on all year. But it's okay---I look younger than he does:rotfl:.
 
Well, unfortunately if my hubby wants to buy beer, they still card him because he has a baby face! :gaah:
 
Hello Everyone!:)

I went to PT today, the first day without the immobilizer, and oh my goodness! My kneecap was acting up big time! The muscles on the inner thigh are weak, and the muscles on the outer thigh are strong. So.... that silly kneecap has made the decision that it will just zip right out of place when the mood strikes it! Funny thing is it doesn't hurt when it happens, but the exercises that "Killer" Katie is coming up with to strengthen it tire me out! :yawn:

I have a lot of work to do to get it strengthened, but I am up to the task!:yahoo: After all this work that has been done on this knee I am not going to waste it by giving up now.:)
I hope everyone is doing well today!:angel:
 
Hello Everyone!:yahoo:

Today was great! I woke up with a little soreness from the workout I received yesterday, but guess what? My foot is already starting to return to the straight position! I am so excited! Katie is so awesome! Just don't tell her that! I don't want her to get a swelled head or anything! She is great at figuring out what needs to be done! I told her, "Don't you think we should take it easy?":angel: She just gave me one of her famous smiles and kept me moving! I am getting better and there is no pain!:yahoo:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
Sonja, your enthusiasm just jumps out and grabs me. I'm loving it! So happy for you.
 
Hi Everyone! My hubby brought Brandy and Myra back from Mom's! They have decided that I am well enough to side step the little rascals when needed! :heehee:
 
Hi Sonja! all the best in the coming months. Just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. I am recovering quite well from the surgery, but have other nerve issues that keep me from getting around and am having to wait for tests, etc. to find out the cause. when I really get down, reading your posts always pick me up and put things in perspective. thank you so much.

Linda (another former teacher)
 
I'm having a little trouble posting from iPad, so please excuse the mistakes.

Linda
 
Hi Sonja! all the best in the coming months. Just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. I am recovering quite well from the surgery, but have other nerve issues that keep me from getting around and am having to wait for tests, etc. to find out the cause. when I really get down, reading your posts always pick me up and put things in perspective. thank you so much.

Linda (another former teacher)
Linda,

Thanks for the uplifting post! There are days when I am thinking maybe it's about time to pack it up and move on! Then someone like you comes on to tell me I have inspired you! That really makes my day! :thankyou:
Thank you so much! I am glad that I can make your life a little easier! :thankyou:
 
I'm having a little trouble posting from iPad, so please excuse the mistakes.

Linda
My iPad that I am using everytime you don't see purple writing (such as now) has caused me some grief onBoneSmart as well!
 
Hey Sonja, It must be great to have your dogs back home. I can imagine how much you missed them - not to mention how much they missed you. We lost our dog a few years ago, he was such a hoot. He was a Westie, a little guy with a big personality. He always made me laugh.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I hope you never leave the forum. You help more people than you know.:thankyou:
 
Hey Sonja, It must be great to have your dogs back home. I can imagine how much you missed them - not to mention how much they missed you. We lost our dog a few years ago, he was such a hoot. He was a Westie, a little guy with a big personality. He always made me laugh.
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I hope you never leave the forum. You help more people than you know.:thankyou:
My brother-in law and his wife have a westie that is one year old. They lost their last westie at the age of 14 and the funny thing was he would only love on Kathy the wife no one else. Pat and I went to visit and Fred jumped up on my lap immediately! Everyone was shocked especially Kathy, because he ignored her until I left the room! :) Must have been all the doggie treats I was carrying! :wink: :rotfl:
When I leave someday, there will always be someone here to fill the void, but I really appreciate you! That was very sweet!
 
Hey! No fair smelling like doggie treats! :heehee: Dudley made it to 16. He'd eat dog treats occasionally but was more of a people food kinda guy. He knew the sound of a chip bag opening and the jingle of the cheese slicer (mines a bit old) and he'd come running. He was trained with jelly beans, LOVED M&M's and loved to play with grapes. He'd flip them and chase them around the room. One vet insisted he needed a lamb & rice diet (he got the same rash every year) and tried to sell me dry food. I wound up cooking a leg of lamb for the prince & he loved it. That was the first time we ever had lamb. :puppysmooze:
 
Hello Everyone!:)

I have a problem I need help with! When I had my revision surgery, Dr. Maale shortened my quad muscle, shortened the tendon in the calf of the knee, and did a lateral release on the inside of the right knee. I have been working in PT and doing well, but something happened to my calf this evening and I don't know what I did to it! If I put any weight on it the pain is excruciating, and tears flood my eyes. I have tried icing, and even got the pain meds back out of the drawer but nothing is touching the pain!:yikes: Does anyone have any ideas?​
​
 
Hello Everyone!:)

I have a problem I need help with! When I had my revision surgery, Dr. Maale shortened my quad muscle, shortened the tendon in the calf of the knee, and did a lateral release on the inside of the right knee. I have been working in PT and doing well, but something happened to my calf this evening and I don't know what I did to it! If I put any weight on it the pain is excruciating, and tears flood my eyes. I have tried icing, and even got the pain meds back out of the drawer but nothing is touching the pain!:yikes: Does anyone have any ideas?​
​
Hi Sonja, I just wanted to say that I woke up with excruciating pain and had to ice and take a liquid pain med to calm it down. Even so, it took an hour and I was in agony watching the clock. Do you have a liquid or other fast acting med? Hope you can solve this soon!
 
I'm sorry Sonja, I have no idea what to tell you. I hope Josephine, Jamie or Orthodoc show up soon. Would wearing your brace help at all? Get those crutches back out so you can get around and keep weight off till you find out what to do. :console2:
 
Hi Sonja, I just wanted to say that I woke up with excruciating pain and had to ice and take a liquid pain med to calm it down. Even so, it took an hour and I was in agony watching the clock. Do you have a liquid or other fast acting med? Hope you can solve this soon!
Thanks for the suggestion, but all I have are Norcos, tylenol, and motrin in pill form. i have tried the cocktail that Jo mentioned and I didn't get any relief. Still waiting for it to calm down!
 
I'm sorry Sonja, I have no idea what to tell you. I hope Josephine, Jamie or Orthodoc show up soon. Would wearing your brace help at all? Get those crutches back out so you can get around and keep weight off till you find out what to do. :console2:
I am on the crutches, believe me! The pain shoots through me with every step, every movement, etc. I am at a loss for words on this one!:cry:
 
I am on the crutches, believe me! The pain shoots through me with every step, every movement, etc. I am at a loss for words on this one!:cry:


Geez, it’s times like this I wish I went to medical school…. Find a comfy spot, bring lots of ice and don’t move till you get to talk to someone. Does Dr. Maale have an emergency number? My doctor is associated with a group that has 24/7 emergency care clinics. Does he have a service that could contact someone for you? I’m grasping at straws here, sorry….
 
Back
Top Bottom