Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well.....

Time for an update! Yesterday was the MS walk and I walked w my Mom, and two people who went to school with me! I prayed for a cool day so that my MS would not kick in, and God heard me loud and clear. We had rain, winds up to 50 mph, and temp in the 30's. In the picture you will notice my pants are plastered to my legs!
That is a great pic of all of you Sonja! Happy to hear that you did another walk and it was cool. Thanks to our never ending cool weather in Texas this year...last weekend I got sunburned, it was gorgeous out...today cool enough for a jacket and overcast...
 
Yes Bonnie,

I loved the temperatures and saw a lot of family members pushing their loved ones who have MS on the trail in wheelchairs. When we went at the last to get our official MS t-shirt for finishing, I said "I want an orange one!" They said "those are for people with MS!" I smiled and said, " well give me one then!" :rotfl:

They were shocked! My motto is "I may have MS, but MS doesn't have me!"
 
By the way, I need to do ALOT of 5K's between now and December so I will be able to keep up with you @RunA42K!:happydance:
 
By the way, I need to do ALOT of 5K's between now and December so I will be able to keep up with you @RunA42K!:happydance:
Let me know, when you know when you'll be here in December and I'll pick out a good race for us to do together.
 
@RunA42K,

I will let you know! Today I had Jill as my trainer in the water and we practiced the breaststroke for time! :thud:
Ok, now I have been dabbling with the breaststroke, but not timed. We did half the length breast stroke, switching immediately to freestyle! Yikes! Tomorrow, she said, we are going to do the Butterfly. Well, I haven't done that one in 28 years, so it ought to be an adventure!:whistle::rotfl:
 
Are you doing the "frog kick" for your breaststroke? I could not as it caused me a lot of knee pain and my ortho said it was a really bad idea to kick that way with knee replacements.
I'm surprised the breaststroke does not make your neck and back hurt from the angles you are in during the swim.
 
Yes @Coachie ,

I am doing the frog kick and today I did 500 hundred yards alternating between, freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke! I feel great!:happydance:

Of course I have been doing a lot of stuff leading up to the breaststroke! We have been doing squat thrusts in the pool, leap forward propelling the quads in the pool, jumping jacks in the pool etc. I am so excited! My knees are even pulling in and my feet touch my butt as I flip and start to swim the next lap! :egypdance:

For some strange reason, I am less tired doing the breaststroke than I am with freestyle. Jill was in the water w me adjusting my rusty technique at first, but then all systems were go! :0)
 
Yay, Sonja! You're doing just great!

For the past 4 nights, I have been watching the NZ National Swimming Championships on TV. Fascinating to me, because 2 of our kids swam for our province (a few years ago now). It was a great meet, with several national records broken, a large team qualified for the July 2014 Commonwealth Games, in Glasgow, and a new World Record set in her category by Sophie Pascoe, who is an amputee. There are some very good, young swimmers coming up, too.

Swimming is great for fitness.
 
Sonja @RestAssurred Just now reading your posts and found I missed your birthday. Hope it was a good one!! :flwrysmile:
Glad to hear you are doing good.!!!
I am making tentative plans to have my other knee done in late July. Gotta talk to the doc when I see him next month.
Made a trip to Nashville two weeks ago. Thought about you when we went to the mall where we had lunch last year.:SUNsmile:
 
Ok, I finished the 18 hole golf tournament, and except for a sunburn, I feel fantastic!:happydance:
[Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
 
Ok, yesterday, I hiked and did Rock Climbing! Marking those off my "bucket list" so I will have room for more adventures! Stay tuned!:happydance:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 205
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 200
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:
Well today was back to exercising! Wednesday is Jill, and I worked out in the pool! Breast stroke, Freestyle, and Baxk Stroke, with LOTS of exercises in between!:happydance:
 
Well today was back to exercising! Wednesday is Jill, and I worked out in the pool! Breast stroke, Freestyle, and Baxk Stroke, with LOTS of exercises in between!:happydance:
Glad that Jill is back and you are back at it again!
 
Good job Sonja!! You have great determination, and will be successful at anything that you do!
 
Back
Top Bottom