Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well.... Today was not a great day.

I worked out with Abby in the lap pool and did very well. Abby asked me if I would like to do water aerobics right after we finished. The problem was the other pool was too hot and after exercising for 40 minutes, my hands went numb, and I got out, It continued to get worse. My MS went wild!
 
Maybe the water aerobics on top of the lap work was just a bit too much?

I hope the MS settles down again soon. Hugs!!
 
Hello Everyone! :happydance:

i went to Mission Fitness today and did Yoga with Jill. My MS settled down: lots of cold water ice, towels, etc. helped me last night. She put the air conditioner down to where it was "chunking ice cubes' :snork:
Today, when i went to work out Abby stopped me and asked me if I was making a wise decision. She said 'not a Sonja decision but a decision that is in her best interest!" i told her i still had tingling in in toes and fingertips, but otherwise I was fine. I did great with the yoga today!:yahoo:
 
Well....... This is it!:wowspring:My 2 year anniversary of my revision knee! To say that the road has been easy, would be a mistake! It has been filled with speed bumps and hurdles to get over! But,, all in all I have to say, I am so proud of the accomplishments of all of the people who have kept me moving in the right direction; helped me stay positive, and have read my ramblings as I have gone through this journey! i have come out of this stronger, both mentally and physically, and I have gained a lot of friends along the way! Life just keeps getting better for me and I must say to everyone who has shared in my journey, THANK YOU! :loveshwr: You have kept me going and I will never forget your kindness! :yay::happydance:
 
Happy 2-Year Anniversary Sonja, it was an awesome journey and you did and amazing job. Keep up the good work (or should I say, keep up the pace ;) ).
 
@RestAssured
Happy 2 yr. Anniversary....:wowspring::egypdance::happydance::yay::yahoo::wow::yes!:
You have led the way for all of us:loveshwr:Your friendship:friends:Determination:egypdance:&
Humor:rotfl: Have been a blessing to everyone who reads your story.
Keep on keeping On, Girl,
Love,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
Well, I should have talked to Abby about my two year Anniversary and the thought that we should have a party! Instead, we went outside, and did up downs w weights in hands, step ups quickly and planks x 15 each 3 rounds!:thud: We then went walking at an "Abby" pace to her liking!:flabber: But, you know what, that darned knee even going into low squats and grabbing a weight and twisting the abdomen to the opposite side... My knee responded beautifully!:dubious:
 
Happy Birthday on those knees. I know that your road has been lone. But now a very good one. Keep it up. Tashia
 
@RestAssured
Hello Dear Sonja,
How are you ? Doing well I hope:) I am still walking the track everyday:yes!: I didn't
Think I was getting anywhere, but have shaved 10 min. Off my time:happydance:20 min. For 1 mile :yes!:
Was 30 min. So, progress there. :cool:
Not much going on in the Social room to motivate me, so, thinking of doing W.W. On line :dancy:
I lost 20 lbs. before my knee gave out, it does work:walking:
Happy Working out :treadmill:
Talk Soon,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
Hello @new knee in June,

Ok, let me motivate you again! Yesterday was the most intense workout Abby and I have had so far! :upright::treadmill::walking:
Started out on the ellipitical. Nothing wrong with that; that is normal for me now. What I didn't notice, was while I was doing the ellipitical, Abby was setting up hurdles! Yes, you heard me correctly, hurdles. Not the full size ones, but ones that make my knees go high! So then we did a fast pace forward through them, alternating feet, sidestepping, going backwards, and repeating over and over again! Abby had told me to go get a set of weights either the 8 or 10 pound, and I chose the 10! Well, then we did the hurdles again using the weights in each hand as I went listening to the sounds of pick up the pace, you can do it, and excellent job, as I was thinking my arms were going to stretch to my feet!:rotfl:

Then, I sat down on a yoga ball with the weights, and did up downs until Sonja was no longer tired! (Sorry reference from movie of Remember the Titans, I couldn't resist!).

On to yoga mat to kneel and pull my leg through the front of my body while balancing on the other knee and then bringing it out straight out and up behind me! 15 of those on each leg!

Then, she put the yoga ball between my feet and told me to lift it off the ground without using my upper body! I did but it was challenging. 3x8

Of course we can't forget rolling over, getting into the plank position, by curling your feet and pressing your palms into the floor so you do a push-up and then hold it for as long as Abby wants! LOL

Motivated yet?!!!:heehee:

Sorry, I forgot to add the 30 minutes of cardio I do after the workout! I did 10 more minutes on the elliptical for 1 mile, and 20 minutes on the bike for 4 miles! Come to TX and I'm sure Abby and the gang can get you off the hamster wheel!
 
Sonja, you are truly a miracle. Do you think we could get some videos of you doing each of these workouts? I'm thinking it might be the makin's of a great new article for our "amazing stories" section of the library. If you have someone who could shoot the video, we'll give you some guidance as to what would be needed.
 
:yikes: Maybe I should ask for motivation from someone else :scary:I said Motivate,
Not instill the fear of "Abby" into me :rotfl:
Keep it up Sonja, You are doing just Great :spin::dancy::upright:
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom