Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Ok, the results are in..... It took me 1:15 to walk 3.1 miles. :happydance: Not bad for my first one huh @RunA42K! :heehee:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 246
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 240
Great Pictures..... ( look at that smile on your face ) You did it !!!!!!!!!! :egypdance::happydance::yay::yahoo:
Great time too....:yes!::yes!: I hope you are out celebrating, so proud of you !!!!!!! :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Pat and I are going to celebrate tonight! Right now, warm shower muscle rub down and nap time! I wasn't even breathing hard! I just knew I couldn't run or jog!
 
Sonja....how prophetic that your number was #1 times 4!!! You are such a winner!!!!
 
:yay::happydance::egypdance::yahoo::yes!::spin::happydance:
Sonja,
Have you thought about going after Diana Nyad's record next ? I know you can do it !!!!!
I have great faith in you:angel:
Let me know, what was that # 1-800-Help- Sonja....? :rotfl:
Diana:flwrysmile:@RestAssured
 
@Jamie,

I was thinking about the 4 1's! My conclusion is I was carrying one win for myself, and 3 1's for the people who dare to dream that one day, knee replacement, knee revision etc, will be with me!:happydance:
 
What a beautiful thought, Sonja!!! I like it!
 
Sonja like I told you earlier today I am so very happy and proud of you!! I know how much you wanted to do this. You got a little sample of my world today and maybe you can see just a bit why I miss it so much. This is just the first of many more to come...and I sure hope that we can hook up and do one together some time. Bet you can't wait till you do it again. You'll be competing with yourself to beat your own time!!
 
Sonja like I told you earlier today I am so very happy and proud of you!! I know how much you wanted to do this. You got a little sample of my world today and maybe you can see just a bit why I miss it so much. This is just the first of many more to come...and I sure hope that we can hook up and do one together some time. Bet you can't wait till you do it again. You'll be competing with yourself to beat your own time!!

Well Bonnie,

We will do one together for sure! My BIL and Sister are being transferred to Houston,so I will make plans for the Houston 5K next year! Deal? :happydance:
 
Well Bonnie,

We will do one together for sure! My BIL and Sister are being transferred to Houston,so I will make plans for the Houston 5K next year! Deal? :happydance:
You bet Sonja!! We surely will....
 
Happy Birthday!
A little birdie told me.:heehee:
Hope is was wonderful!

I must say it was very interesting! The best time I had was going in Mission Fitness and Walking for a mile! :yes!:
I had forgotten about an appointment I have tomorrow and then I will FINALLY celebrate my birthday with my Mom! We are going to see "God's Not Dead!"

@RunA42K , Mom and I are going to walk a 5K this weekend for MS! Time to beat my first record!:happydance: Oh by the way, I used to think marathoners were crazy! Now I want to be one!:rotfl:

Plus since I have MS, I am passionate about raising funds for others who need it! It is a blessing!:happydance:
 
Well.....

Time for an update! Yesterday was the MS walk and I walked w my Mom, and two people who went to school with me! I prayed for a cool day so that my MS would not kick in, and God heard me loud and clear. We had rain, winds up to 50 mph, and temp in the 30's. In the picture you will notice my pants are plastered to my legs!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
:happydance:, great job Sonja, glad it was cool.
I have to skip the walk this year, cause I am getting a new functional knee and it will not be ready for it's debut in early May. I am going to sponser some one from work to walk for me.
Just think how our donations have helped, 10 years ago there were not many medications for MS and now there are about 10, :yay:. Way to go MS Society!
Keep moving, keep active, keep those muscles and nerves working!!!
 
@Pumpkln,

The woman in the green cap organized our group. I did not know there was an MS walk, just a bike ride! Becky is a wonderful person and she cares deeply about everyone! She always rides in the MS bike Cactus and Crude that happens in June or July! This year, I think I will volunteer to hand out water. It will be too hot for me to ride.
 
We have an organizer at work, they need more people, that is why I want to sponsor someone.
Yesterday I taught a class for the MS Society, a one day work shop called "Free From Falls", it was about 4 hours. There was about 25 attendees, a mix of people with MS and a family member. One persons Mother was there cause her daughter with MS thought her Mom could use the class too. They finally confessed at the end of the class, that they were really there for Mom :heehee:.
The AV system did not work, so you just punt. The class went really well, I was pleased, and got lots of positive feed back. I think they were glad the class was over, cause they knew I could just have kept on talking :heehee:.
Cause you know I am shy like you:blush:.
 
Back
Top Bottom