Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Hello Sonja,
How are you ? I haven't heard much from you, I hope you are doing well :) How is your
Ankle ? I read you were having a problem with your neck :shocked:You don't have to go into details,
I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you :friends:
Have a relaxing weekend :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile: @RestAssured
 
I'm sorry @new knee in June,

Let's see if I can give an update!:umm:

1. My knee has been upgraded to fantastic! Dr. Maale was very impressed with it and my weight loss!

2. The foot/ankle snaps was caused by degenerative arthritis. The tendons got pinched in the bones and snapped coming out causing the excruciating pain. He pointed to the places that had been pinched and sure enough that's exactly where the pain originated from! He said I also had plantar facets causing problems ! He asked me how much pain I was in then and I said none! I have been swimming all week, and doing exercises in the pool! He said that was the best thing to do!

3. I will be having an EMG? Nerve conduction study to see how much the nerves are being affected by my neck. In they-ray, he saw the herniated disc at C-5, and spondylitis also in the cervical section. I will have an MRI on Friday, and then on the 18th I will go back to Dallas to hear my options!:beg:
 
Dear Sonja,
Thank You for the up-date :) I am so happy your knee is doing well :dancy:I guess we will have
To wait on the conclusion of your tests & Scans. I hope you are not in too much pain :sorry:
& can continue with your pool exercises.
I will say a :angel: For you,
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile: @RestAssured
 
Actually,

The funny thing is the pain has gotten a lot better! I think my body is scared into being good :scary:Right now. I am having an MRI on Friday still though, and an EMG sometime between now and Monday. Then Tuesday, I will "hop" on a plane and fly to see Maale for the verdict! :happydance:
 
I am very happy Dr. Maale is taking care of the "Whole" Sonja :) You are in good hands
With him, That's for sure.
I will say a :angel: That everything turns out well in your Scans & it's nothing serious.
Take Care,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Of course I've never met Dr Maale, but I have heard so many good things about him. I have a mental picture of him. Sonya tell me if I am right. He is 58, small, losing his hair. Wears glasses and always wears shirt and tie. He is a little on the plump side. Ethnic group hmmmmmmmmm spanish.
 
Wow, Sonja! I haven't been around lately and here you are with a messed up ankle:tada: Hope your testing goes well.
You sound like me with your neck problems. I know it's arthritis. Doc said I had a couple of options. One- physical therapy, two-massage therapy, or three-chiropractor. I am gonna try the massage therapy first and go from there. It's hell getting old!!
 
@patient 99,

No, Dr. Maale is from German descent, hence the name Gerhard Maale. He goes by Gary, and he is as white as I am. He was born and raised in the US obviously, because he has a bit of a TX accent. He is tall salty grey pepper hair no mustache, and when he comes in, you can tell immediately, that this doctor has studied your charts intently!
 
Oh I thought I would show the pictures of my new friends! Amy is seeing Dr. Maale and her hubby Mark is her rock! They are two of the most humble Christian people I have met in a long time! We had a blast!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 225
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 235
@RestAssured ….I don't recall how to send you a private message… Please send one to me I haven't talked to you a long time, and wanted to ask you a couple questions. Special Lady aka Tropic Lady now.
 
Hello Everyone!

I haven't updated but tomorrow I will have an MRI of my Cervical region so Dr. Maale can tell me how critical it is! I see him on Tues. If he still wants the EMG it will be when I return, but they said it doesn't show good results unless you have been in pain for at least a month. Mine was about a week and a half and then it stopped!:happydance:

For any of you who are exercising, let me give you some learned from experience advice!:snork: Do NOT take a week off if you have a trainer, because the trainer will try to make sure you make up for it!:rotfl:
 
Ok, had MRI today and went to see a person who specializes in relieving pain. When he saw my MRI, he said I had space between all of my cervetial vertebrae which was a wonderful sign! The pain down the arm disappeared after a few days, so I will be stalling my visit with Dr. Maale until he gets over his back surgery! After all, misery might love company!:rotfl:

Abby had me popping up and down like a bunny with 10 pound weights over my head. Then she had me walk around the gym, holding them above my head, head to the stairs, where I could hold them in front of me and go up 2 flights of stairs. Coming down, she let me do it without weights ! I worked my behind off today! I " thought" I would be gone Monday and Tuesday ! Maybe I should just keep that to myself!:rotfl:
 
Abby had me popping up and down like a bunny with 10 pound weights over my head. Then she had me walk around the gym, holding them above my head, head to the stairs, where I could hold them in front of me and go up 2 flights of stairs.
Sorry, I have to take issue with these activities, and your recent neck pain, MRI, etc. None of these exercises are in any way related to normal movement, and activities. Give your neck and shoulders a break, and ask them to be more creative in exercise design. Normal, functional movements please!
 
It's very easy for a busy personal trainer to get into a rut and start following cookie-cutter workout routines, especially when many clients have very similar goals. I'm sure that I'm as guilty as anyone of that. Remember that your trainer works for you, not the other way around. It is entirely appropriate that you insist on an exercise regimen tailored to your unique abilities and limitations. That's what you're paying for!
 
@Pumpkln , @karmigirl , and @alexthecat ,

Thank you for your valuable insight!:friends:

When I went to see the "pain reliever" I was told the same thing! Abby does not follow cookie cutter routines with her clients, but in this case I should have stopped her because she always tells me to let her know if anything is bothering me. This didn't though, so I never thought about it until last night, and then from the three of you! I will talk to Abby.:happydance:
 
:egypdance:Excellent, Abby will of course find something just as challenging, but right for you!
 
Oh, of course she will! I NEVER have to worry about THAT! LOL:rotfl:
I should be the equivalent of a female Michael Phelps swimmer in no time as much as she is streamlining my time!:heehee: I used to swim quite a bit when I was younger, and the correct way too I might add! Well my "shy" self needs to stop giving away my secrets, because she now expects me to swim correctly! She said keeping my face out of the water was straining my neck, so do it right! So I bought goggles, nose clips, and a swim cap, I swear she has watched "Finding Nemo" way too much!:heehee: She is in a triathlon this weekend and so I guess she thought I would be joining her!:rotfl:
 
Yesterday was very interesting! We did weight lifting nothing that would put any strain on my neck, just weight for biceps, triceps etc. but I got tired. Then Abby had me doing planks and holding them for 30 secs. The art to a great plank, is a strong core, and I must say, mine isn't yet! I am supposed to be doing 25 sit-ups and 10 push-ups a night, but I don't always remember. So trying to hold the plank position for 30 seconds was futile. It was at the end of the workout and my arms felt like jelly. So I plopped down after 10 seconds.

Well, after the workout this lady came up to me and said that if something was too hard I could always tell my trainer "NO!" LOL. I asked Abby after the lady had left what would have happened if I said no, and Abby said I would have asked if it was bothering your knee, neck, or ankle. If the answer was no, we would continue. Abby takes her job seriously! She wants to talk to the woman now, who fortunately left for a 6 week vacation !:rotfl:
 
My hubby says I will pay for it by messing something up
Pulled this qoute from Mary's thread. I understand Pat's concerns, you are so competetive. That said.
You will do great, just avoid pounding the pavement, and cross the finish line in your own good time.
Work with Abby on your gait so you are not jamming your joints.
 
Back
Top Bottom