Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Thank you @Josephine,

I have been told, since it was "just" a strain, why are you limping so badly?!:hairpulling::gaah: I have been questioning my mental toughness as I try to deal with this "sprain"! You helped me validate what I truly feel could have happened! Jill told me yesterday that they were watching me and commenting on how proud of me they were when they saw "something go terribly wrong!" Both Jill and Abby were there within seconds helping me, and I was walking on my own time. I appreciate those two young ladies more than they will ever know!:friends:

On the next point, I will be going to San Angelo tomorrow to have more x-rays done. I found out that my OS's partner is on call and he is excellent as well!:happydance:
 
Ummm..... If I keep the ankle either straight up, or turned slightly to the right it feels bearable with ice elevation and pain meds! Problems start when I have to get up and use the crutches! Any weight on it is unbearable! :gaah: I know there are better days ahead though, so I will get the X-rays tomorrow, and go from there! I will keep everyone posted as soon as i can tomorrow.:friends:
 
No, I wasn't able to see Dr. Maale. I will see him March 6th.

Well, the results are in and not what I wanted to hear, but at least I am starting to get answers now.

The ankle is riddled with osteoarthritis, and it is off to the side at an odd angle. I will be seeing an OS who specializes in ankles to see where we go from here. I have a lovely walking boot, which is heavy!

I can do swimming still but no walking or anything until I see the OS.

Talk more later!
 
Glad you are starting to have some answers, hope you can see the ankle OS ASAP.
Keep swimming, stay toned, when you heal you will get your fitness back in no time.
 
Oh, Sonja,
I'm so sorry this has happened :console2:Did you get stronger pain meds. ? I hope at least
You are comfortable & the pain is being taken care of :angel:When is your appointment
With the ankle Doctor ?
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
They will call him in the morning and then I will know! From the look on the doctor's face when she came back in the room, I knew things were not good! She said "the ankle is not positioned like a regular ankle," and it is so riddled with osteoarthritis, I can see why you are in pain. She said that she was sending me to a specialist who could sort this out better than her, because she was baffled by what she saw! Apparently the joint is starting to shift diagonally, and it is something she hasn't seen before! I told her not to worry, a lot of doctors end up scratching their heads after seeing me!:rotfl:
 
The funny rating above is for the "most doctors scratch their heads when they see me!" You have a good attitude and you'll get through this. You've come so far, this is just a little hiccup in your fitness journey. Swim like a fish and you can stay in shape. The best of luck to, you, sending some prayers your way...you've had more than your share!
 
Oh Bonnie,

I know about the funny rating! I had the doctor laughing before we left yesterday! I'm not sure why my body keeps "smacking me with a baseball bat every time I feel like I am crossing the finish line", but that won't stop me in my pursuit from getting healthy and fit! I am going to walk a 5 K!:happydance:
 
I know that you will Sonja, self will and determination is a powerful thing and you have that trait. When I couldn't run anymore, I rode a bike, when I couldn't pedal a bike anymore I worked out upper body and core (still do 3x a week). There is always something we can do to stay strong and improve our fitness sometimes we just have to take a small detour along the way and change up our routine. Exercise makes me feel so good and always brings a smile to my face after a hard workout. I know it does the same for you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you're getting some answers, and you will walk that 5K - If you're in Houston when that happens maybe we could form a kneesies group to walk it together.

Take care and I'm glad you can keep on swimming.

Dorohy
 
Totally agree with 'a lot of doctors end up scratching their heads after seeing me!'. I'm getting this all the time. I wish I was in your country at least things happen quicker than where I am. Hope you get fixed soon.
 
Well, I have some TERRIFIC news! I called Amy, the nurse of Dr. Maale, and my friend!:happydance:
When I go see him on March 6th he will look at my ankle and see if he can fix it, otherwise he has a doctor in mind to do the procedure!:egypdance: They don't know what will be required yet, so after they get the x-rays the way Dr. Maale wants to see them, and probably an MRI, I will know by next Thursday! God is always watching over me! I told Amy I was training for a 5K when I heard the "snap!":heehee: They will be surprised at how much weight I have lost!:happydance:​
 
Awesome news Sonja!! So happy you are getting this resolved soon.
 
Sonja,
I am so relieved to hear this news that Dr Maale is going to make sure you see the best! Now I can quit having sympathetic foot pain :).
:angel:
 
Back
Top Bottom