Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Dear Sonja,
You look Amazing, truly beautiful inside & out :) I can't wait till your Doctor see's your
Transformation. I hope you enjoyed your day's off ( We know you to well ):whistle:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile: @RestAssured
 
Diana,
@new knee in June
I enjoyed my days off way TOO much! I had confession day with Abby! I can't lie, it's not in my nature, and when I told her I had half a pork chop, salad and carrots, at first I FORGOT :)to mention that they were in a HUGE slice of carrot cake that had A LOT of cream cheese icing! We started working out, and tears started coming down until I confessed about it and the chocolate pecan praline I ate on Valanetine's day! We are weighing in a day early,:thud:,
and when I tried weighing, I realized I had gained 8/10's of a pound! Not the way I want the scale to move!:yikes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I did my swimming today, took a shower then started walking. I was walking along at a brisk pace when all of the sudden I felt a "snap" in my foot! They did x-rays and said that one of three wasn't showing a fracture, but that they would have to call me in the morning about the other two x-rays.

I am supposed to head to Dallas tomorrow! Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh:gaah:
 
Sonja, did they say what it might be - stress fracture? Take are.

Dorothy
 
Well, as many of you know I am a "little" stubborn !:wink: "I" decided I could walk without the crutches, and the pain in my foot would subside by getting more use!:heehee: Well, funny thing, but my foot is as stubborn as I am and it fought back! When I told Abby I was walking around trying to ease the pain, she said to stop immediately! Hmmm ... Well, now I am heading for bed. It's a good thing I didn't need very many norco's for my gallbladder! The doctor gave me a script, but pushing on the gas pedal and brake hurt, so, I just headed home.
 
Hmmm I have a thought
Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate. And use those crutches.
When I tore my tendons in my foot I was soooooo frustrated, just had started walking with out device at home, and here I was back on crutches, :hairpulling:.
Take care,
 
@Pumpkln ,

Thanks for the advice! Now where have I heard of Rest, Ice, Elevate, and use pain meds before??:umm::heehee: You are right though. I think a am very fortunate and got away with a bad sprain instead of tearing or breaking anything! I don't know what the "snapping" feeling was, but my foot is better than it was yesterday!:happydance:

Well, that's that is my dx, the doctor hasn't called yet! It is swollen but feels better, plus having stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, gives me "medical privileges!":rotfl:
 
Well..... Today got worse! I called the doc in the boxes office and they said he already told you that you have arthritis! I said "yes you are correct, and we even glanced at the lovely X-ray as he showed me!":heehee: Problem is he said that was NOT the cause, because of the location, and he said the other two X-rays were being read downtown!! The nurse said, they didn't send results but he talked to you!:gaah: I said in a sweet voice, since the arthritis is on top on the foot, and he said it has nothing to do with what happened,"Why does the pad behind my toes running all the way back to my heel feel like it has been stabbed?!

She said" oh, you are STIll in pain? Well come back in and he will see you again!":scary: No no no! He did not even examine my foot! I am heading to my personal GP in the morning! I am praying he will say it is a deep bruise, and not a tear!:angel:
 
"Why does the pad behind my toes running all the way back to my heel feel like it has been stabbed? Plantar Fascitis comes to mind, GP should be able to tell.
Hope it is nothing, GP is the place to be, as I break into the Green Acres song :heehee:. Take care
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this morning, the pain has settled into the arch. I guess it was a deep bruise because I have pretty black and purple on the bottom of my foot!:heehee: I am heading back to the gym today, but only to swim! I think I will let the foot rest until Monday! It is repairing itself quickly, so that is a good thing! I would hate to see "Doc in a Box" again because I did something crazy!:rotfl:
 
Hope it is nothing, GP is the place to be, as I break into the Green Acres song :heehee:. Take care

Green Acres is the place to be....

Well... In West TX I must revise your song a little so please forgive me if I sound a little off key !:rotfl:

Brown Dirt Blowing is the place I see
Oilfield living is the life for me
Rigs and pump jacks spreading out so far and wide,
Keep Manhattan, just give me some peace tonight!:heehee:
 
@RestAssured
Can I play too ?:rotfl:
Boston is where I'd rather stay..
Pot shops opening along the way...
I just adore a "Mountain Dew"
Darling, I love you, just give me some "Lobsta Stew :loll:
I hope your foot feels better !!!!!
Diana:snow dig:
 
Here goes,
Reno is the place to play
Ski slopes on your way
Mountains and lakes out so far and wide
Keep Manhatten, just give me some fluffy snow

:snow plough:
 
@RestAssured wow I have done a lot of reading about you today! Are you from WEST, Texas the actual town or from West Texas? I ask because my new husband moved here from the town last year the day after the fertilizer plant explosion....

You are quite the inspiration!!:yay:
 
No, actually I am from Midland which is in the west part of TX! Thanks for the kind comments! It is always nice to know when I am helping someone else in some way!:happydance:
 
Ok everyone,

I have one word to say Owwwwwwwwwww!:gaah:

That foot pain that I thought I heard snapping has migrated, and it snapped again last night, only this time between the foot and ankle. That might make sense because that was the ankle I ruined playing Basketball in High School! The ligaments have been stretched out from the bone for a very long time. :cry:
Pain is higher than it was before and my hubby wants to go to the cabin this weekend!:shocked:
I need a break from this, well I at least need need to know what is going on! :)

Sorry to rant, the ankle made me do it!:rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom