Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Good Morning Sonja,
Have you been to the doctor about your foot ? Can you get in to see your G.P. ?
Please give them a call, then you can go to the cabin knowing you were taken care of :)
I am sorry you are in so much pain, Now, Get on the phone & call !!!!!!
Thinking of you:console2:
Diana:flwrysmile:@RestAssured
 
:no-fin: Get to your GP so you know what is going on, and what the best treatment is beyond the mantra.
Sorry to rant but your ankle made me do this :rotfl:
Be an :angel: and get it checked out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I went when the foot snapped, no I have not been to my GP. I am going to San Angelo where they have a great diagnostic center that even is open late nights and weekends! They will get to the "foot" of this problem!:rotfl:
 
Ok. Well.... I am not well enough to travel so I am going to rest, ice, and elevate all weekend and pray that the problems resolve themselves!:angel:
 
I am sorry to hear you are in such pain, Sonja. I wish you could get yourself into the doctor this week. Hopefully you can get in early next week. Please rest and take care!
 
Oh my gosh! I thought I would try some "foot pumps " while lying in bed to make my foot and ankle feel better':yikes: The most horrible pain I have ever had gripped my foot and ankle and left me pleading for mercy !:beg:
@Orthodoc , @Josephine do either of you have any idea what could be happening to my foot and ankle?
To put it in a nutshell,
On Tuesday, I was walking at a brisk pace, when suddenly I felt something "snap" in my arch, the X-rays showed arthritis and a bone spur,

On Wednesday, I laid in bed most of the day and the pad behind the toes, going down the side of the foot to the heel hurt.

Thursday, the pain stopped except in the arch area. I was walking and felt another "snap" this time where the the foot joins the ankle. I am in excruciating pain now, and I wish I could just remove the foot!:cry:
 
I so wish people would realise that the answer to an activity related pain is not MORE activity!
Sonja, I'm sorry - I have no idea what could have happened. Hopefully our friendly Doc has more insight.
 
Sonja,
You need imaging to determine what happened. Follow the mantra, and get your foot evaluated soon. Oh and use your crutches until you know what is going on.
So sorry you are going through this:sorry:. :console2:
Take care of yourself and your foot,
 
I wonder if you snapped your plantar fascia Sonja. That can be extremely painful. The fascia runs from the base of your toes on the bottom of your foot, down through the arch and attaches just behind the base of the heel. That would not show up on an x-Ray, yes it is very, very painful!!!
 
Bonnie, Good thoughts... Sonja, there are many things that this could be. I would recommend to call your local OS (do you still have one? I know you travel for your knee revision specialist). I do not like you heard/felt a pop. An MRI can be very helpful. Its a good idea to stay off of it until it calms down and you get a formal eval.

Orthodoc
 
Thank you everyone!

I am getting a friend or my husband if he is back tomorrow to drive me to the ER to get further testing done! Norco's 10's are not touching the pain anymore and I need answers. When I had my knee replacements, I knew why I had pain! Now, if I move the foot/ankle in any position except straight up, pain like I haven't felt since I couldn't walk because of my MRSA infection flows through me! @Orthodoc , yes I still have my local OS. He sees me for my left knee, so I will check to see if he is on call this weekend! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

@Josephine, seriously though working out in the pool and swimming made my foot feel better. I just don't understand what is happening. The Emergi doc said I had arthritis but that wasn't it. He never looked at my foot, he "guessed" that it might be a sprain or a strain. Sad to sit for 2 1/2 hours to wait for a guess.
 
Dear Sonja,
So Sorry to hear you are in pain :console2:If you had an X- Ray, then you know it's not a broken
Bone. Please go to Emergency today...don't wait until tomorrow. Did Pat go up to the cabin ?
If so, I am sorry you are alone. Possibly he needs to come home & bring you to E.R.
Don't put this off....you need a diagnosis & pain meds.:ok:
Sincerely,
Diana :friends:
 
Yes, Pat went to the cabin. He had a project for the church and I told him to go ahead. This has been crazy. The pain diminishes just enough to make me think it's a sprain and then when I send Pat off who is hesitant to go, pain comes back full force! Pat and I had both thought it was a sprain, and that if it didn't improve by Monday, that I should go to my GP. That's why I put off going. It seemed to be getting better.:gaah:
 
On Tuesday, I was walking at a brisk pace, when suddenly I felt something "snap" in my arch, the X-rays showed arthritis and a bone spur,
I've been thinking about this and have concluded that it might be a tiny stress fracture.

I did this some years ago while I was still working at the hospital. For some six weeks I had to use a cane to get around - which I couldn't use at work, of course - so dragged my foot around the department like Quasimodo gone bad! I finally went to see my GP who insisted it was 'just' tendinitis but I was equally insistent it was a stress # so she heaved a great sigh and wrote me out a chit for an xray.

At the hospital, when they got the films up, the radiographer's jaw dropped and he immediately sent for the on call trauma surgeon. I'd torn a ligament off the bottom of my 5th metatarsal and chunk of bone the size of a jelly bean along with it! Surgeon was ever so apologetic as he'd seen me limping around the theatre but never thought to ask me what was wrong! Ha! But since it was already 6 weeks old, there was already signs of callus (healing) around it, he decided the appropriate treatment was NO treatment! And funnily enough, a few days later it was 60% better!

But it was murder at the time. I kept wondering if I'd trodden on a spike, needle or shard of glass or something! Sheesh - why didn't I think of this before! It also started with something going 'pop' in that area and now I know what it was!
 
Back
Top Bottom