Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I lost 3 pounds and inches everywhere except my hips, where I stayed the same. I am happy!:happydance:
Abby had me doing clean and jerks with the bar. I did very well, and then she said, let's do floor exercises!:umm: Well, I said ok but I need a mat so she went and got me one. Before I knew it, I was doing push-ups from the kneeling position, legs in air while on my tummy, then arms and opposite leg in air alternating to her count! Then she said turn over on your back and we will do "rear" lifts with our hands clasped under the small of our back. I thought the next exercise was going to be meditation, when Abby said, put your arms straight behind you and stretch out your legs !:rotfl: Then she said, "We are going to try something, but I don't think your core is strong enough! She asked me to sit-up without using my hands. I popped up like a jack-in-the-box!:happydance: Abby was so impressed she insisted that she wanted to see 50 more just like that! Well:shocked:.... I did it!:yahoo: Now, every night before I go to bed, I am to do 25 sit-ups and 10 push-ups!
 
I have an idea for you dear Sonja...you. Should write a book on your recovery, and I mean not only the TKR but the restoration of good health! It's a true inspiration!

Just keep swimming :yay:

Dawn
 
@Dhare63

Well, I will be swimming literally today!:happydance: Tues and Thurs are cardio conditioning in the pool, and Abby takes full advantage of it! She has me swimming but is constantly yelling "kick, kick, kick". If I start to rely on my upper body!:heehee: We also use the lovely kick board, so I can't use my upper body!

So thank you,

"I will keep on swimming both physically and mentally"

Ps I am seriously considering writing a book about everything! Thanks for the encouragement!:friends:
 
Dear Sonja,
Great job in the pool :yay: & on your weight lose :egypdance:I think "Nemo" has swam for warmer
Waters...good luck finding him :heehee:
Please do write your book...I can't wait to say "I knew her when" to all my friends :)
Have a wonderful Evening,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Oh Sonja, you put us (me) to shame. :) Very happy for you.
 
@new knee in June , and @kneeper, thank you so much!

Diana, I will still be my "shy" same self, even after I write the book!:happydance: You don't have to worry about that! LOL I am thinking about working at Mission Fitness part time until my husband decides if he wants to make Houston his permanent location! Then I will look for another job in Houston. This will give me time to get started on my book!:yahoo:
 
Weight Loss :heehee:
I knew what you meant! LOL. By the way, if you ever want to edit your posts, you can use the edit feature that will appear right below your posted message. Click on edit, change whatever you need, and then click save changes. :)
 
@RestAssured
Sonja,
Whatever you do, don't have me proof- read your manuscript:no-fin: I just had to ask my
Husband how to spell "Proof":loll::rotfl::rofsign::rotfl:( I'm not kidding ).
Can I have a signed copy of your book ?
Have a great Evening ....OH, Shy one:umm:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
@Pumpkln

If you lived closer you could join me in my workouts!:egypdance: You said you liked the water. Tomorrow, Abby is dragging me outside so stay posted!:scare::thud:
 
Well, we were outside all right! We walked on all types of terrain, and the knee responded beautifully!:happydance:
Now, my leg was tired, I can't imagine why after yogalates, and 4 days of workouts, but today and tomorrow, I have been given orders to REST! Just my sit-ups and push-ups but none of my other exercise equipment! I am going to take Abby up on that offer! I drive to Dallas on Wed and see Dr. Maale on Thursday! Boy, will he be surprised!:happydance:
 
Well, I almost succeeded in listening to Abby about no exercise until Mom wanted me to help her feed the ducks on the Riverwalk! I loved the walk! Mom and I walked for awhile, Pat had to go to the truck. It was beautiful there though!:happydance:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 197
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 221
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 210
That sounds quite relaxing, Sonja. Can't remember when I last had any ducks locally to go and feed!
 
It was awesome! My Mom and I walked for miles. My hubby's hip and knee started giving out so he went to the pickup and waited for us!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, thanks!

Autographed copies? Not that famous! LOL but when the book is finished, if you want it autographed, I will do it!:wink:
 
Back
Top Bottom