Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Welcome home! Glad surgery went well. You certainly are wracking up surgery points, huh? We should make bingo game boards with all sorts of medical procedures and see who 'wins'. :happydance: Take care of yourself and your belly button! :-)
 
Well, I am getting back to exercising tomorrow, but nowhere at what I was doing! Abby knows that I am tiring easily, so we will take it easy until I see the Doc again on Monday!

@DogLoverx3,

How sweet of you to think of bingo cards for the number of surgeries! :rotfl: I think I'll pass because that is one competition I would NEVER :umm: Want to win!:happydance:

Now, if you are so inclined and see back surgery in your future, you will be catching up with me pretty fast! I had the minimally invasive back surgery to relieve a trapped sciatic nerve that was crushed in 2005, and have never had any more problems!:yes!::yahoo::happydance:
Then of course this LOVELY laparoscopic gallbladder removal! I "thought", I will have this on Friday, and Monday should be good to go with my trainer Abby!:doh: Well when I woke up Monday, my Hubby begged me to cancel. Then he said something that you have mentioned in your posts; I can plead all I want,:beg: But your stubbornness will always win!:umm: It didn't this time! I cancelled Monday and today, and that is HUGE for me!:giggle:
 
Look after yourself, @RestAssured

Take it easy for a few more days.

@Celle,

If Pat could tie me down he would! He knows me though and that I can't sit still! It is so amazing! Before knee replacements, I would have been sitting waaayyyy past the doctor's recommended time. Since then, I wear myself out, well after surgeries that is, and today took a lot less to recuperate from the laundry and cleaning I did!:happydance:
 
Good Afternoon Sonja @RestAssured
Just checking in on you:) How are you feeling ? Good I hope...I laughed at the Bingo cards
For surgery:rotfl: I am afraid I would lose... 4 on my knee, that's it:egypdance:Are you getting ready for
The game Sunday ? I plan my work around the games so I don't have to watch them. I just want to hear
The final score:heehee: GO......BRONCOS....:yahoo::happydance:.....love...PEYTON..:yes!:
Please go easy tomorrow at the gym:beg:( I thought I would add that.....but, we all know you):loll:
Have a great day:SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Actually the gym starts today! :happydance: I am so bored I can use the exercise! Abby has said that we will be on a limited basis until the Dr. Clears me for all exercises and the pool! :angel: So I will be an Angel and do what I am supposed to do!:wink:

Yes, I will be glued to the tv for Peyton, and then I have to travel to Mom's for my Dr. Appt.on Monday! Maybe he will clear me completely!:happydance:
 
RestAssured. ! Hoping as is well. Its impossible for me to read your whole thread. But we are pulling for you. U are a inspiration for many ! Love your attitude. So positive. Can you briefly tell me about your story from beginning. I know you had a great weight loss( congratulations) ! And both knees replaced. You can PM or reply through your thread. Thanks. Keep up the great work
 
@icep707

Hello and thank you for all the kind words! I will try to be as concise as I can, but the "gift of gab" MIGHT get in the way!:snork:

My journey actually started before I joined BoneSmart! I had 2 OS's tell me I was bone on bone in both knees!:groan: I said no problem "fix it!" :rotfl: I guess is thought I was at the Jiffy Lube shop or something! So, for four years , I endured hyalgen shots, and finally Synvisc shots! I was teaching 7th graders, had regressed to walking with two full length leg braces, and a walker with a seat! My last year of teaching in 2009, was horrible! I didn't know that one of the bone spurs had broken lose and gotten trapped in the thigh muscle! I wanted to scream with every step I took, and I had a principal who and I quote "hated disabled people!" I left school in June on a year's leave of absence, only finding that they were transferring me to the new school my principal was going to!
No thanks! Stress is a major factor on teachers, and I had had enough!

I went to see a different OS and he listened! Wow what a concept, after being told I would need gastric bypass before they would do the surgery! He was empathetic, and when I told him I did shot put and discus in college, he was intrigued! I had 6 rounds of MRSA previous to this, so he told me I had a 50/50 chance of getting it in one of my knees!:shrug: The left knee was a breeze; only MRSA pneumonia with it!

The second knee became the Story of my Knees! It got infected, split open, and they had to do an emergency washout, debridement, and spacer replacement hoping to save the knee since it had only been two weeks since surgery! When I saw it split open, it was black all the way to the bone, so I knew. My OS came I with tears in his eyes four days later and said "It is MRSA!"

Let me share something about a MRSA infection. It is unlike other infections because it has grown to be resistant to antibiotics, thus making it harder to get rid of! This was my 8th and final time with the beast and I wasn't going to let it define me! Yes, I went through awful pain, fever, depression, feeling like I just wanted to die; it would be easier, but I had two wonderful Home PT's that wouldn't let me give up! So I put my will into overdrive, and determined that I along with God could overcome anything!:happydance:

The revision was done by Dr. Maale one of the top surgeons in the world! It has taken a total of over 3 years from start to finish, but I am so grateful! Life has taken on new meaning, and I work out with a personal trainer 5 days a week! To think about the way I felt before I changed my lifestyle and started exercising again is amazing! Abby made it clear that she did not want me to walk after we worked out like I normally do! I :beg: Begged to do more, and she said no. We are going to take it easy until after you see your doctor Monday!:sigh: Oh well. Abby has my best interests at heart, and she will not let me overdo it!:giggle: She knows me too well!

How did I decide to lose the weight? After knee replacements, I felt better than ever regardless of the fact that I had to wear a brace! I was given a second chance, and I wanted to feel great again! I have had three trainers along the way, Tori who moved to Crossfit, Felice who moved to Fort Worth, and now Abby! They hold me accountable and I try (well most of the time):heehee: to be good! My phrase, "It ain't easy being me!" , challenges my trainers, and myself! I have found out that I am sick very little now, I got my Masters during the knee problems and life has changed so much! I am happy, healthy, and upbeat!:yahoo::happydance:

I hope this helps explain the Shy Complex Sonja :whistle: That you are hearing about!:happydance:
 
Abby and I worked out today! As we were biking on the recumbent bike, she told me about one of the other trainer's who has had Leukemia 3 times and won with the help of God! He eats healthy and he stays in shape! I read his story and for anyone who wants a little extra inspiration it is Calebsmountain.org. Anyway, today I found out that he is in kidney failure and they are doing everything possible to stop it! He is 27 years old and quite a nice young man!

Caleb told me to share his story with as many people as I could reach! He wants to help others! God be with you Caleb!
 
Well today I worked out again and did 4 miles on the recumbent bike, and 3 on the ellipitical! I am willing to bet that my surgeon releases me on Monday!:happydance:
 
Well it has been awhile since I posted here.:wink:

I will now have 3 personal trainers; everyone wants me! LOL:rotfl:
Actually, Abby had a paper due on Wednesday, so she asked if it would be OK if I worked with Jill. I said sure, and then realized that Jill and Abby have the same goals in mind but have different ways of approaching the end result. Jill asked Abby if she could train me on Wednesday's and then on Friday's I will have Jill when Abby is gone.

Abby said you need to sign up for Boot Camp before you leave today! Well, this one is 8 weeks and 3 nights a week with Soli so I will be busy!

The most amazing thing about all of this is that I can do all of the exercising I am doing now! When I first started with Abby, I did not have much confidence in my knee. Abby has changed that, and Jill is taking me out of my comfort zone even more! Having three minds; Abby, Jill, and Soli, doesn't give my knee much of a chance to misbehave anymore! LOL:happydance: Now Sonja misbehaving; THAT is a different story! :whistle::rotfl:
 
Congrats on your progress. You have had quite the journey!
 
As long as none of the trainers are named Sven or Erick and are young Swedes :)
 
@trailspud,

If any of them were named Sven, Erick, or anything else In Swedish, I would just go to the gym to watch them workout! I would have a pretty fast heart rate then, so no need for me to exercise!:whistle::thud::rotfl:
 
Sonja, you cannot be left alone for one minute without something new happening.....I missed this new surgery completely! I do hope you are feeling better, as it seems you are. Just try to be a little cautious and gentle, we do want you around a while!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Sonja, if you repeat that often enough you might actually believe it.

On the other hand we never will! :whistle: :snork:
Funny, neither does my Mother! :rotfl:

Mom tells everyone that I take after my Dad! Those who knew him agree. He loved to joke and laugh, and he was also very outgoing. My relatives love it when I come to the reunions, because they say I'm the life of the party! (And I don't even drink!):happydance::rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom